• Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    broncos.png

Jeep should be worried. :)

[video=youtube;06oa3mncWgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06oa3mncWgA[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Your right, no one has driven it yet, everyone who has an opinion on it is based strictly off looks.

But if a 74 Gremlin handled like a Ferrari it is still an ugly as **** Gremlin. :)

I don't know what vehicle the malcontents on the Ford boards are looking at, but this new Bronco looks ****ing awesome to me.

:yesway::cool:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ford is providing a lot of options here. There should be something for everyone that is interested in this type of vehicle.

I would be interested in the 4 door version, but I'd have to drive it first.

And pricing will be a factor as always with me.

If they come in at $50k, I'm out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    broncos.png

Jeep should be worried. :)

[video=youtube;06oa3mncWgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06oa3mncWgA[/video]

Worried indeed. That “Hemi” concept teased the day before the big bronco reveal, and then the announcement the day of, shows they’re at least a little worried. And they should be. This could be the first Ford I’ve owned since 1980. It may cause me to forgive them for the Pinto. And the Maverick.

However much I’d like to have a V8 in a JL, the Hemi hint doesn’t look to me to be all that serious. The way it was announced it’s almost like they wanted to keep the “concept” part in fine print.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ford is providing a lot of options here. There should be something for everyone that is interested in this type of vehicle.

Low MSRP on the base model is ~29. I think out the door it’s probably gonna be close to $35. But I doubt you’ll find anything basic in the first several months unless you order it. A well equipped Rubicon is >50K. I’m sure you could spec out a Bronco for > 50K too.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Low MSRP on the base model is ~29. I think out the door it’s probably gonna be close to $35. But I doubt you’ll find anything basic in the first several months unless you order it. A well equipped Rubicon is >50K. I’m sure you could spec out a Bronco for > 50K too.

I think I would be okay with $40K if I could get it modestly equipped. I'm not going to do any serious off-roading at this stage in life, but I would want it to be capable enough.

I can without all the bells and whistles. Wranglers are too expensive for me. The model I would want comes in at $40K. A Tacoma, which is what I'm really considering next comes in at $33K.

But I'm a ways off from making a purchase, so we'll see what develops.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We have a shop full of mold for it that aren't textured or approved for production yet.:rolleyes:

Except the two that make this speaker grill and USB cover...

vaJwYSal.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Hopefully, those options will include a transmission that lasts more then 75K. Even if this new Bronco didn't look like the love child of a CJ cruiser coupling with a Honda Element, there's no way I'd risk my money on the first model year.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We have a shop full of mold for it that aren't textured or approved for production yet.:rolleyes:

Except the two that make this speaker grill and USB cover...

vaJwYSal.jpg

I had been in the running to win some parts for the roof system, but they ended up not using plastic injection. I was hoping to have some content on these vehicles.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I had been in the running to win some parts for the roof system, but they ended up not using plastic injection. I was hoping to have some content on these vehicles.

We also built a cute little bottle cap opener mold for it.:D

htyLyyll.jpg

Studio 417

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Somewhere
    Hopefully, those options will include a transmission that lasts more then 75K. Even if this new Bronco didn't look like the love child of a CJ cruiser coupling with a Honda Element, there's no way I'd risk my money on the first model year.

Reading on all the problems the 6th Gen Explorer has, I would definitely wait until the second year.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can not speak for all of them but most of them I found along with myself were expecting a full size Bronco like this.

The return of the Bronco has always been about competing with the Wrangler head to head. A full size Bronco wouldn’t do that.

Speaking of competing, on paper this thing meets or beats the Wrangler in several categories. For rock crawling I don’t think it can be as competitive with Wrangler’s articulation because of solid front axles. But it looks like Ford even put some thought into that. The chassis is based on the Ford Ranger, except the front suspension was redesigned to give better travel. I don’t think it would be anywhere near as good as the Rubicon but I’d like to see the articulation score on a Bronco with the Sasquatch package.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The return of the Bronco has always been about competing with the Wrangler head to head. A full size Bronco wouldn’t do that.

Speaking of competing, on paper this thing meets or beats the Wrangler in several categories. For rock crawling I don’t think it can be as competitive with Wrangler’s articulation because of solid front axles. But it looks like Ford even put some thought into that. The chassis is based on the Ford Ranger, except the front suspension was redesigned to give better travel. I don’t think it would be anywhere near as good as the Rubicon but I’d like to see the articulation score on a Bronco with the Sasquatch package.

I'm still waiting on indiucky to post some real pictures of Sasquatch. I'd settle for that. I don't need to see his "package". I assume he's called "Bigfoot" for a reason.

Top Bottom