• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Anyone spending time in Battlefront II? Initial impressions are pretty good, of course, this is the post-fully patched version. So it is independent of the crazy hijinks at release.

Kinda like the movie, the critical reviews don't really match the fun level, at least in the initial stages.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone spending time in Battlefront II? Initial impressions are pretty good, of course, this is the post-fully patched version. So it is independent of the crazy hijinks at release.

Kinda like the movie, the critical reviews don't really match the fun level, at least in the initial stages.

EA will (likely) never receive a dime from me.

:twocents:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I was really excited for Battlefront II, but after the shenanigans with pay to win and EA hinting it might return after the uproar has died down I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I managed to snag an SNES Classic last night at the Walmart in Avon. They had 10 in stock, and by the time I got there, I got #8.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Game publishers are a joke, and we as consumers that purchase their games are worse. I was a beta tester for Front Page Sports Baseball 98 back in the day. I got to see a little of how it all worked. All of the testers told them it was not ready to release, but the publisher wasn't going to let their release date slide. The game was released bugs and all. As testers we were given tools to compile a lot of the game files, so a couple of us worked on fixing the game on our own. In the end we had it working really well, but it really put a sour taste in my mouth for game publishers.

The publisher cares about the release date. The state of the game is irrelevant. That is why we get these horribly buggy games that people rush out to buy. People complain about the bugs, but they will still be in line when the next one comes out to buy it.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I just picked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Odyssey for Switch last night. I have MK8 on Wii U but never "beat" all of the difficulties. Playing it portable will be way more fun though. I look forward to SMO as well due to how good I've heard that it is. It also came with a collectible coin that's kind of neat. MK8 was supposed to come with a free SteelBook case as well but I didn't realize until I got home that I never got one so I need to call the store and see about that.

Anyone pick up any new titles or get any new titles for Christmas?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We got a Switch and the New Zelda title on black Friday. I have really been enjoying that one.

I told my wife I wanted 'Mario' for Christmas. I didn't realize there was a MarioKart out for the switch, so my wife wasn't sure which one to buy. She got both. I love my wife.

Been playing Fallout 4 and Stardew Valley on xBox, off and on. I have been thinking about downloading PUBG, but I remain on the fence. Has anyone played it? Worth the coin?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I know some guys that are REALLY into PUBG. Love it. From what I can tell, it is an example of something that is designed to be the best at what it does and comes very close. If you like what it does, then you will REALLY like it.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    We got a Switch and the New Zelda title on black Friday. I have really been enjoying that one.

I told my wife I wanted 'Mario' for Christmas. I didn't realize there was a MarioKart out for the switch, so my wife wasn't sure which one to buy. She got both. I love my wife.

Been playing Fallout 4 and Stardew Valley on xBox, off and on. I have been thinking about downloading PUBG, but I remain on the fence. Has anyone played it? Worth the coin?

I love Zelda...I have around 230 hours invested in the game but I haven't killed Ganon yet. I've stormed the castle a few times and explored everything but I am missing four shrines that I am looking for still and doing all of the side quests and trying to complete the Hyrule compendium first. There's like 900 korok seeds to collect in the game and I only have done like 300 or just shy of that so I don't know if I will ever bother doing all of those since I don't want to look them up on a map. The game is awesome though but it's not perfect by any means since there are a lot of elements missing from other Zelda titles that I'd have loved to of seen included but it really is a good game.

I have Fallout 3, NV, and 4 on PC but I'd love to have them on Switch sometime and think at least 3 and New Vegas could be possible. I'm not sure about 4 or not. Really I'd love to see some more shooters and 3rd party titles. Bethesda will get a lot of my money so I hope they publish Dishonored and I hope Rockstar publishes some other games like GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, and more. Call of Duty and Battlefield games would be a great addition for the Switch too.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Played through the Battlefront II campaign - it really isn't that long and really feels more like an extended familiarization training exercise. Although, since it is canon, there are some interesting tidbits.

Personally, the credits thing isn't a big deal. My son and I have almost all the major characters, down to the last 3. We also have (I think) all the weapons platforms - that's basically what we started with.

We're hitting the milestone challenges pretty well, in the areas that we're interested.

The whole thing is overly complicated, but the game itself is pretty fun. There are a couple ways to game the system to get credits more easily in the milestone challenges.

Often, it feels very Overwatch-ish in terms of game scenarios.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last day of Steam sale is today, picked up a few more last minute deals.

Grabbed Street Fighter V on sale, since the arcade edition is coming out this month, and is a free update to people that have SFV. Essentially includes all the DLC and more.

Picked up Space Pirate Trainer and AudioShield for the Vive. Really enjoyed Audioshield last night, great stuff, decently active game.

Borrowing Persona 5 from a friend, it's a good time so far. Finally started Horizon: Zero Dawn and Bloodborne, long time coming there.

When I find time, will probably try Okami HD on Steam, since I never played it on console.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    Nintendo Switch Becomes the Fastest-Selling Home Video Game System of All Time in the U.S.

Also, coincidentally, the Switch has finally been hacked, running early versions of homebrew.

I see Nintendo dragging this console out for a long long time. It's a great platform and if they upgraded the hardware every few years it could hang for a long time. They're doing it with the 3DS and have had backwards compatibility with their older consoles up to the Switch so I could see them just upgrading the Switch and pressing forward.

Consequently, that seems to be the route Microsoft took with the Xbox One X and it's a smart one. Just upgrade the hardware and keep the backwards compatibility of accessories and games.

Top Bottom