• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why is Mario Odyssey the only mainstream Mario game to get a 12+ rating?

Is it the tanks? Or is it his nipples?

[video=youtube;sNmWoBE1c8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmWoBE1c8E[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That feeling when you get out of VR... but still feel apprehensive about taking too many steps because you'll bump into something... and you swear you can still see chaperone grids around you.

... Yeah that's what I'm feeling. This might be the next decade's "phantom phone vibration" sensation.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. That's actually kinda cool. :)

You should read Ready Player One before the movie comes out. Yeah, it is kinda teen fiction, but the story is pretty good. Plus, you're old enough that some of the nostalgia pieces will hook you.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Top 10 New RPGs of 2018

[video=youtube;EtHZ4LLiQRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtHZ4LLiQRE[/video]

Project Octopath Traveler on Switch looks pretty sweet...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m waiting to step into the VR world until I see what happens to G. If he gets adicted or it turns his brain to mush, I’ll just decline to enter that aspect of gaming.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait.

How will you be able to tell?

If I start posting in GenPol again, that's probably a good sign.

I’m waiting to step into the VR world until I see what happens to G. If he gets adicted or it turns his brain to mush, I’ll just decline to enter that aspect of gaming.

It'll probably be one of those things where 20-30 years later we realize that VR systems were irreparably destroying our eyes/brains/etc.

oculus.jpeg

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I couldn't get over how over-played the pop culture is in that book. It was entertaining, but it sure wasn't pleasant to read. There are far better books out there, Neoromancer and Snow crash just to name a few.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I couldn't get over how over-played the pop culture is in that book. It was entertaining, but it sure wasn't pleasant to read. There are far better books out there, Neoromancer and Snow crash just to name a few.

?? :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It looks like reply with qoutes didnt work. That was in regards to Ready Player One.

Ah - it sounded like it, but I wasn't sure. :)

Yes, it is heavy on the pop culture references, but intended for audiences too young to actually remember them. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New Nintendo Direct (preview of what's to come in 2018, announcements, etc) should be either tomorrow or Friday. Friday makes sense, being the 1yr Anniversary of the Switch.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With the software changes to allow camera angles, skins, and overview maps, I'm sure we'll tune in to see how it goes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait.

How will you be able to tell?

If it becomes addictive, I assume he'll only be posting in this thread.

If his brain turns to mush, I assume he'll post what seems like nonsense to the rest of us.

If I start posting in GenPol again, that's probably a good sign.

That may be a sign of your brain turning to mush, possibly. Depends put together well, if your sentences will be.

It'll probably be one of those things where 20-30 years later we realize that VR systems were irreparably destroying our eyes/brains/etc.

oculus.jpeg

I dunno. Recent studies have shown that blue light sources have a term deleterious effect on retinas. But they're not sure if the effects over time could deteriorate enough in a lifetime to matter.

Top Bottom