• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait. Doom4? OMFG! I'm so far out of the loop, I didn't even know it was on the horizon!

And yes, Virginia, "because Doom" is a perfectly legitimate rhetorical argument.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Everything is sexist.

CHjCKB9WgAAvitz.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a question about something I just don't get about the younger gamers <30. Why do so many male gamers want to play as female characters?

I usually want to make the character I play as be close to what I identify with. Imma guy, I pick a guy character. FPS games never seem to have old, fat out of shape characters, so I usually have to play a baddass. For example, on Destiny, if I could, I'd totally rock an aged, Fred Flintstonesque guardian if I could.

But a lot of younger guys want to play as women. Why? Just like to look at your character's T&A? What?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a question about something I just don't get about the younger gamers <30. Why do so many male gamers want to play as female characters?

I usually want to make the character I play as be close to what I identify with. Imma guy, I pick a guy character. FPS games never seem to have old, fat out of shape characters, so I usually have to play a baddass. For example, on Destiny, if I could, I'd totally rock an aged, Fred Flintstonesque guardian if I could.

But a lot of younger guys want to play as women. Why? Just like to look at your character's T&A? What?

Depends a lot on the game, really. When it comes to MMORPGs, I have a series of characters that I create in most games that I play. They're just established characters/names/stories that I've created over the years, and I like to stick with them. Some are male, some are female. For example, one of my long-running characters is a gnome (or other diminutive race) rogue (or other "thief" race). She has white/silver hair, and is typically named Seraphim. When I can, I try to recreate that character in any game I play.

Others may do it because staring at a female character for long periods of time is more pleasant than staring at a male character. It just comes down to what pleases you. Other times it could be an homage to a female protagonist that you like in other media.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I'm >30 and my GTA Online character is female. It's just a character, it's not who I want to be in real life; it's a game. I didn't give it much thought, it just struck my fancy to make it a woman. Furthermore, she's not really that good looking.

Having a female character is different from every other game I play. I can only think of a handful in the past: Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever, Lara Croft and Jill of the Jungle.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

FPS, who cares. But in third person, who wants to look at a dude's butt for hours upon hours? ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    XB One getting backward compatibility with XB360. Sounds like you download the game, though... not play native from disk. That would explain why they're pushing the new 1TB model.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I honestly don't understand why microsoft won't allow you to play xb360 games one xb one other then trying to make another buck...com'on guys, the 360 has so many cool games out there and the xbone is apparently too new to have a vast selections of games

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was a bit underwhelmed with the Sony presentation. Certainly nothing mind-blowing like HoloLens Minecraft. I was really hoping for an Insomniac presentation for Ratchet & Clank. Uncharted 4 looked pretty good. But a lot of the upcoming PS4 releases looked rather snoozer. C.O.D. Black Ops III looked unsurprisingly like C.O.D.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was a bit underwhelmed with the Sony presentation. Certainly nothing mind-blowing like HoloLens Minecraft. I was really hoping for an Insomniac presentation for Ratchet & Clank. Uncharted 4 looked pretty good. But a lot of the upcoming PS4 releases looked rather snoozer. C.O.D. Black Ops III looked unsurprisingly like C.O.D.

Heh, I actually think it's the top event so far. I don't even have a PS4...

People have been begging for a FF7 remake for years now. Never played it myself, but that's a huge thing. The Last Guardian is 9 years in the making, lot of hype surrounding that. Shenmue is a huge title from the Dreamcast that people loved. Seeing it get a sequel will be a pretty big deal. Street Fighter V looked like Street Fighter IV. CODBLOPS3 looked like COD:AW or really any other futuristic shooter out there right now. Nothing impressive.

The new IP, Horizon, looks like it could be neat... like a futury Tomb Raider with touches of Ico/Shadow of the Colossus. I'm interested to see where it goes.

Disney Infinity was awkward. Battlefront 3 looked unbelievable. No big opinions on Playstation Vue or their VR hardware.

The Sony event will likely be one of the most memorable simply because of the big titles.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Heh, I actually think it's the top event so far. I don't even have a PS4...

People have been begging for a FF7 remake for years now. Never played it myself, but that's a huge thing. The Last Guardian is 9 years in the making, lot of hype surrounding that. Shenmue is a huge title from the Dreamcast that people loved. Seeing it get a sequel will be a pretty big deal. Street Fighter V looked like Street Fighter IV. CODBLOPS3 looked like COD:AW or really any other futuristic shooter out there right now. Nothing impressive.

The new IP, Horizon, looks like it could be neat... like a futury Tomb Raider with touches of Ico/Shadow of the Colossus. I'm interested to see where it goes.

Disney Infinity was awkward. Battlefront 3 looked unbelievable. No big opinions on Playstation Vue or their VR hardware.

The Sony event will likely be one of the most memorable simply because of the big titles.

Star Wars Battlefront looks pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to it. Also Batman Arkham Knight is a pretty big deal. But being released in a few days, there's not much shown that people don't already know about it.

Other than a few titles, most of the games didn't really appeal to me. I hope someone likes Last Guardian because for all the work that went into it I thought the 3 minute presentation would be 3 minutes I'll never get back. It didn't look much more fun than watching grass grow. I guess C.O.D is probably a big deal because of the Sony commitment and the exclusives. But I'm not that much of a fan of that franchise anyway. The Destiny bit only confirmed what was leaked anyway.

Top Bottom