• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Morrowind, KOTOR 2, Jade Empire Headline New Wave of Original Xbox Backwards Compatible Games - IGN
    Pricing isn't available yet. The last batch of games they released were all priced at 9.99 except one was 14.99.

Not gonna speak for all of those, but if you have modded PC versions of them, you're probably not going to want the released developer's cut for xbone. Well. KOTOR 2 anyway. Lots of the content that was disabled because of deadlines got added back in by mods. If you've already played that content, I can't see the original release being all that interesting.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I don't remember KOTOR 2 being all that great anyways. I have never bothered going back to replay it. While I have revisited KOTOR 1 quite a few times.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That is some sexy snow deformation in God of War...

w5gAtAv.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Friday's Gameranx weekly wrap-up

1. New ransomware forces you to play PUBG to unlock your files.
    2. Drama around Billy Mitchell, the high score-holder for Donkey Kong... his high-scores have been stripped way from him.
    3. Division of Dell caught promoting cheating in PUBG in China.
    4. GTA5 one of the highest grossing entertainment products ever. ($6B+)
    5. Boss Key Studios announced new game called Radical Heights
    6. Sam Fisher is back in Ghost Recon: Wildlands (voiced by Michael Ironside)
    7. Overwatch Retribution event begins.
    8. God of War reviews are live, getting positive reviews.
    9. XBox announces 19 more backward compatible games.
    10. SteamSpy is no more due to Steam's new privacy default settings.

Language
    [video=youtube;V_W2myCn-EQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_W2myCn-EQ[/video]

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I picked up Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch yesterday. I haven't played it much nor have I played the first game but I heard the Switch version included the story from 1 as well as XV2 having many improvements over XV1 which tempted me to just get this one instead of picking up one or both versions for Xbox.

Also have you guys heard the rumor that CoD Black Ops IIII won't have a campaign but instead will have a battle royal mode? I enjoyed the multiplayer a lot but anymore I just want a good story and single player mode. Multiplayer is nice but I am not playing it as much as I once was.

Here's one link of many stating this "rumor".
    https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-dut...e-a-battle-royale-mode-instead-of-a-campaign/

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I picked up Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch yesterday. I haven't played it much nor have I played the first game but I heard the Switch version included the story from 1 as well as XV2 having many improvements over XV1 which tempted me to just get this one instead of picking up one or both versions for Xbox.

Also have you guys heard the rumor that CoD Black Ops IIII won't have a campaign but instead will have a battle royal mode? I enjoyed the multiplayer a lot but anymore I just want a good story and single player mode. Multiplayer is nice but I am not playing it as much as I once was.

Here's one link of many stating this "rumor".
    https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-dut...e-a-battle-royale-mode-instead-of-a-campaign/

1. XV2 is pretty fun. I can't get into the tons of DLC, or the Season Pass debacle... (including some DLC with it, but not "extra packs"... lot of people angry about that.) I play PC, though... so it's possible to just mod it.

2. I can't imagine them not including a campaign, that's definitely a stretch. COD's only appeal to some people is the single player campaign. An additional battle royale mode is certainly possible, though... seems to be the current hot thing that everyone's trying to get into.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    On the topic of Battle Royale, the Overwatch deathmatch (not sure to what extent they've done that in the past) certainly feels like a "light" version of what's popular right now. Its pretty fun. I even won a round (as Reaper) and finished top 4 (as Moira).

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Can it be pointed out what a terrible company steam/valve is? They have literally no customer support and have way too much power in the distribution of video games.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can it be pointed out what a terrible company steam/valve is?

Ehhh...

They have literally no customer support

It's not great, but they deal with a lot of people. More users typically results in less quality when it comes to support. However, they tend to err on the side of the consumer. The return policy on games is pretty lax, and I've had good success with refunding games that don't work, or that I didn't mean to buy.

... and have way too much power in the distribution of video games.

While it's true that Steam is a form of DRM, it's also a choice in a lot of cases. Are you referring to them being one of the only outlets for some AAA games (Origin, uPlay, etc)?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ehhh...

It's not great, but they deal with a lot of people. More users typically results in less quality when it comes to support. However, they tend to err on the side of the consumer. The return policy on games is pretty lax, and I've had good success with refunding games that don't work, or that I didn't mean to buy.

While it's true that Steam is a form of DRM, it's also a choice in a lot of cases. Are you referring to them being one of the only outlets for some AAA games (Origin, uPlay, etc)?

No by no support I mean literally none, there is no way to get a hold of them. They lock you out of the market for 2 weeks if you get a new phone. Just the fact that you have to download their shotty authenticator app is bogus enough. 2 factor authentication is plenty secure and even that should be a choice.

The fact that they a have a lot of users and transactions means they have a lot of money, it's not an excuse for not doing customer support.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No by no support I mean literally none, there is no way to get a hold of them. They lock you out of the market for 2 weeks if you get a new phone. Just the fact that you have to download their shotty authenticator app is bogus enough. 2 factor authentication is plenty secure and even that should be a choice.

The fact that they a have a lot of users and transactions means they have a lot of money, it's not an excuse for not doing customer support.
    Interesting. I actually liked Steam when I still had a PC to play games. No worries about media getting lost or damaged, and it is easy to share my games with my kids who lived in a different state.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    Anyone have controller recommendations for P.C. gaming? Something wireless. First person style games

I have a wired Xbox 360 controller I use for PC at times. I love the feel of Xbox controllers and you can get 360 or Xbox One wireless controllers that work with PC just fine. I say just get whichever controller you like the feel of best.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You don't like Keyboard/mouse for FPSs? I still can't play a FPS with a controller anywhere near as well as I could with a keyboard and mouse.
    It depends on if the game has assisted aim functionality, making a mouse irrelevant. But, yes, mouse & keyboard is what makes PC gaming what it is.

For me:
    On foot == mouse & keyboard
    In vehicle == controller

Top Bottom