• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Right...the 2700x would allow me to upgrade more things for the same amount of money as buying an 9900k....but the 9900k is more future proof and outperforms all other CPU mentioned
    What do you expect to do that would require the extra performance? If it is for games, you're usually better off putting the extra money into your GPU instead.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What do you expect to do that would require the extra performance? If it is for games, you're usually better off putting the extra money into your GPU instead.

For me, getting something like the 9900k would be more for future proofing then anything...

I can get the 2700x for $329, 8700k for $369, and the 9700k for $419....the 9900k is $550 give or take. Of the benchmarks, the 8700k gets better FPS over the 2700x on most titles...you can overclock it, but it has fewer cores then the 2700x. 9700k has the same cores as the 2700x but half the threads...but it performs better then both the 2700x and 8700k, and just a few dollars more then the 8700k

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    So, AMD is a viable alternative again? :dunno:

The ryzen 7 2700x is a much better CPU then the fx series and actually gives the Intel 8700k a run for it's money. Doesn't perform as well as the 8700k, but it comes with a decent cooler(Intel does not) AND it's $40 cheaper

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A modern game dev talks about how they fit their game into the 40KB NES platform.

There are other channels that get super-deep and detailed about how these old games work, but this guy explains it for those that don't have time for that. If you have even a basic tech understanding, you should find this interesting.

[video=youtube_share;ZWQ0591PAxM]https://youtu.be/ZWQ0591PAxM[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Souljaboy, a rapper, has slapped his name onto a Chinese knock-off game emulator, and is selling it... saying he's entered the tech industry, and he's now a "boy living his dream" by being in the game console business.

It's a scam. Everything about it is fake.

The original version of it is $60 on Amazon. The version he's pushing is $100 (SLASHED FROM $200, PASSING THE SAVINGS ONTO YOU).

It has hundreds of garbage roms and fake games, even though he's retweeting accounts saying it has brand new games like Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

He's just... either a ****ing ignorant dumbass that believes it, or is willingly lying to everyone to make a quick buck.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This week's Gameranx wrap-up

1. Titanfall 3 confirmed in development.
    2. Fortnite dance lawsuit.
    3. Newest Spider-Man patch adds Sam Raimi suit to game.
    4. Souljaboy game console craziness continues.
    5. RDR2 PC version leaks.

[video=youtube_share;XsS-RmnHE6E]https://youtu.be/XsS-RmnHE6E[/video]

Black Smoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Hamilton County
    I used to play until recently, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, which is a WW II shooter game that came out in 1999 which is when I first started playing it. There are too many pansy-azzed snowflake admins out there trying to tell me to play like they do which is run and gun; this is not realistic to me at all. I find cover and/or concealment and will start killing other gamers. They then begin to cry to the pansy-azzed snowflake admins about getting smoked eventually getting me kicked from the servers. The admins tell me to play their style, but I explain patiently to them that their style is not my style.

Its a nice game but very old and supported by only a few servers, so there is only a finite number of places to play.

The good thing about giving up gaming, just like when I gave up on the National Felons League, is that I have much more time to do other stuff.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heh, I didn't know MOHAA still had a community. That was one of my first dips into competitive gaming... lot of good years on MOHAA. Back when you had to manually patch games, hah.

Cousin's husband picked up an Arcade1Up cabinet at Walmart for only $150... apparently they're pretty moddable to add more games to. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if I find any that low...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gameranx best games of 2018

Best Mobile Game: Florence
    Community vote: Donut County

Best Graphics: RDR2
    Community vote: RDR2