• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Got a colander full of brass ready, gonna get 556 tumble test loads put together.
    So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    The mother of one of my employees works for Howard County. She got a text message alert from the State Wednesday morning saying the storm on Saturday is expected to bring 9-13" of snow in addition to 35mph winds to the Howard County area. This is interesting to me because those figures are significantly higher than every other forecast that is out there.

I'm curious if they know something that the others don't or are they trying to get people to plan for the absolute worst case scenario?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This season at my place, seems like we're the epicenter of snow. We've consistently had about twice the snow I see just a few miles away. Last week, every else got 2-3" inches, we got 6". The same thing happened with the snow in November. Go figure.

I've got supplies for some painting and trim work and gas for the tractor and plow, so bring it.

At the ghuns ranch is southern St Joe Co, our grass hasn't even been fully covered by snow yet this winter.:yesway:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The mother of one of my employees works for Howard County. She got a text message alert from the State Wednesday morning saying the storm on Saturday is expected to bring 9-13" of snow in addition to 35mph winds to the Howard County area. This is interesting to me because those figures are significantly higher than every other forecast that is out there.

I'm curious if they know something that the others don't or are they trying to get people to plan for the absolute worst case scenario?

Hard to say. Some will use a combination of local and surrounding cities forecasts to plan their snow fight. If we expect x amount and another city in the storms track expect Y amount they plan for the worst. Blows things out of proportion to some degree

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Weather girl just said she is forecasting 6-8" here in Indy for Saturday. So probably about what we had last weekend maybe just a tad more. I suspect this maybe enough coupled with the deep freeze expected to call out the contract plows for neighborhoods. But just speculation on my part

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This guy may need to seek medical attention for the prolonged duration of his weather woody. He's not as worked up about the snow as the cold...

0d40d5_c5feec623d1445a097c75207cb3c50dd~mv2.webp

Those are the current predicted low temps for January 29th.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This guy may need to seek medical attention for the prolonged duration of his weather woody. He's not as worked up about the snow as the cold...

0d40d5_c5feec623d1445a097c75207cb3c50dd~mv2.webp

Those are the current predicted low temps for January 29th.

That would suck bad. I don't mind snow and cold but bitter cold sucks. Windchills Sun/Mon are going to be bad enough. When it gets that cold lots of bad things can happen quick

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That would suck bad. I don't mind snow and cold but bitter cold sucks. Windchills Sun/Mon are going to be bad enough. When it gets that cold lots of bad things can happen quick

Yep. I don't feel much difference from +10 to -10. But past that -10, it's just bad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Latest I'm seeing is 3"-5" below I-70 (less to the south) and 5-8" north of 70. But now they've added 1/4 to 1/2" of ice to the mix. Ick. I've got my two deep-cycle batteries charged. If the power goes out, at least I can watch tv and get on INGO! :ingo: You know... the important stuff. :): Doing the grocery shopping this evening so I don't have to mess with that circus tomorrow.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm gonna do my best to keep up with the snow removal on Saturday. I'm sure not gonna want to be out in sub-zero windchills on Sunday trying to clear off the hard-frozen crap.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    They've downgraded us here in NWI from a foot to 3-6" on Saturday, but then possibility of lake effect snow Sunday

Top Bottom