• ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Slinging my Ford CVPI Sled all over the west side was fun :n00b:

The Panther platform is a great car, but I still miss my big F-250 Super Duty 4x4. I had 9 inches on the roof of my '03 Marauder, and between 7 and 9 on the driveway last night. I had to go out, and ended up putting two 50 pound buckets of salt in my trunk, but she got out through it. I was proud of the old girl, and I love that car to death, but a RWD luxury performance sedan just isn't the right tool for the job when it comes to bad snowy roads.

aka3VLU.jpg

P9WMDaM.jpg

My boy was home at the time so he ran up, and down the driveway while I was gone to compact the snow with his 4x4 GMC truck. We have his old 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Endeavor sitting at the house to sell, but will be putting the insurance back on for it tomorrow, and driving it during bad weather. It's mine now.

More snow coming if what they say happens...

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Great weekend for grekmex; enchiladas, black beans, rice and pico de gallo. Lots of serranos.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I bought a plow for my 4 wheeler early this winter, so I used it to push around the 2-3" we got.

But mostly, I just did doughnuts in yard.

My kid picked a hell of a time to move to St Louis. He had 16" and nothing but a shovel to move it.:laugh:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Looks like most weather stations (weather guessers) are watching that potential for another storm this upcoming weekend. Some even saying bigger than this past weekend.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Looks like most weather stations (weather guessers) are watching that potential for another storm this upcoming weekend. Some even saying bigger than this past weekend.

They'll keep things wound up all week to get people to watch their forecasts but they won't have even have a good idea for what to expect until Thursday. So why not stir the panic and sell french toast makings

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I don't know if it will be bigger or not, but the temps are going to suck. If we get a heavy wet snow Saturday, then a high of only 12 on Sunday (with sub-zero wind chills), cleaning up won't be fun. Still too far out to know anything though. Probably going to do my grocery shopping Thursday night. I lucked out this past Friday. Stores were crowded, but while people were busy piling their carts high, I got in, grabbed my little bit of stuff and got checked out before they ever made it to the register. :):

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife and daughter heard the forecast in the car yesterday. Wife's response was "grrrrrr". Daughter's? "Yay!!!!".

I'll move a few days worth of wood into the garage on Friday. Other than that, we are good to go. I hate the low temps more than the snow.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'd rather shovel 3" twice instead of 6" once, especially with how wet and heavy the snow is.

I almost always wait until it's done. maybe if we are expecting a lot and there is next to 0 wind. otherwise, usually I can't tell I've done anything. My neighbor was kind enough to snowblow off my walk half-way through this past "storm." If I hadn't seen her do it, I wouldn't have known as it just filled back in. Nice gesture, but wasted effort. If even a little wind exists, then usually trying to do it twice is just twice the work, imo.

Snowblowers and generators are like having insurance. You hope you never need it but when you do it can save you a lot of grief.

generators, yes. snowblowers? meh.
    I've never had to rebuild the carbs, or had gas go bad, or had to do an oil change on my shovels.
    someday when I can't hack it any more I'll get one, for now I don't want one. Seems like a negative net gain in effort when I factor maintenance in. Takes me just as long to clear the drive either way.

I don't shovel, I push. I use a 3-foot wide snow pusher. For just an inch or two I can take 3-foot wide swipes. If it's higher or very heavy, I just bite off less each pass. sometimes I use a shovel just to clean the edges off where I pushed it, sometimes not, just depends how much there is or if it's in the way....

-rvb

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    This guy is my goto weather prognosticator. My buddies that plow snow swear by him...

THE WHIP COMES DOWN....WHAT A PATTERN!

He is sportin a serious weather woody over the upcoming month to six weeks. Brrrrr.:rolleyes:

Well that doesnt look like much fun.

The wife believes in Farmers Almanac which is predicting nothing like this. Someone will be right and someone will not. . . . I miss Florida.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    generators, yes. snowblowers? meh.
    I've never had to rebuild the carbs, or had gas go bad, or had to do an oil change on my shovels.
    someday when I can't hack it any more I'll get one, for now I don't want one. Seems like a negative net gain in effort when I factor maintenance in. Takes me just as long to clear the drive either way.

I don't shovel, I push. I use a 3-foot wide snow pusher. For just an inch or two I can take 3-foot wide swipes. If it's higher or very heavy, I just bite off less each pass. sometimes I use a shovel just to clean the edges off where I pushed it, sometimes not, just depends how much there is or if it's in the way....

-rvb
    To each their own. I’ll keep my snow blower.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    To each their own. I’ll keep my snow blower.

I'll keep my lawn tractor mounted blower, ATV with plow, and the big tractor with a loader and back blade.

My wife was after me to sell the blower when I bought the ATV plow. I told her nah, it's good to have options.;)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I'll keep my lawn tractor mounted blower, ATV with plow, and the big tractor with a loader and back blade.

My wife was after me to sell the blower when I bought the ATV plow. I told her nah, it's good to have options.;)
    I hear you. If I had a little more driveway to do I would go that route.

Top Bottom