Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well......they have been empowered in all of this. It is what they wanted. Now we have to listen to it every freaking day.
    I do not care what you are/do/think/feel. If you are not hurting anyone and keep to yourself live your life. Stop shoving it up my back side please.

Not to pick on GPIA7R, but I would have never known about this without him... my backside would have been LGBTQ free.

:):

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I don't think that's a fedora.
    I think it's a Panama, like this one:
    montecristi-fino-grade-20-panama-straw-hat.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sooooo...... when you break it down, her article says women are just bad drivers/riders. Sounds accurate.

Yeah. But as the click-baity title suggests, it's men's fault. Because roads weren't designed with cyclers in mind. Because men are short sighted picks who didn't imagine, 50 years ago, that women would want to feel safe while cycling. The stereotypical thing it suggests to me is that women still think men should read their minds, even 50 years from now.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    JettaKnight... She is probably thinking about leaving SJW side and going to the Patriot side because they had many people who were also her race fighting for the rights of free speech while the antifa side were only white SWJ protesters trying to shut them down...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So..... I just learned today that the word "oriental" is offensive when referring to a person. Evidently, it is still OK for a rug.

Was there a memo? I honestly have never paid enough attention to care. I guess other non-Asian people DO care. Sigh.... I'll report to my local re-education center.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So..... I just learned today that the word "oriental" is offensive when referring to a person. Evidently, it is still OK for a rug.

Was there a memo? I honestly have never paid enough attention to care. I guess other non-Asian people DO care. Sigh.... I'll report to my local re-education center.

Seriously, you just learned this? And who told you who actually cares? It seems that only Obama really cared about the use of the word "oriental".

https://www.npr.org/sections/codesw...her-on-the-words-we-use-to-describe-ourselves

The question is, why? According to this editorial, it's not an offensive term:
    The term 'Oriental' is outdated, but is it racist?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Seriously, you just learned this? And who told you who actually cares? It seems that only Obama really cared about the use of the word "oriental".

https://www.npr.org/sections/codesw...her-on-the-words-we-use-to-describe-ourselves

The question is, why? According to this editorial, it's not an offensive term:
    The term 'Oriental' is outdated, but is it racist?

This has come up before in a discussion with my wifes Korean friend, she said it's meaningless outrage and not offensive to her.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I suppose I have not been in a conversation (with anyone who cared) and discussed a group of people from that part of the world in a long time. Now, I routinely talk with people who have ancestry in that region. Vietnam, Taiwan, China, Japan, etc... Either I have not used the term with them, or I did and they didn't care enough to say anything. I honestly have no idea, because that term isn't on my "do not speak" list.

Heck, it isn't even on the INGO ***** filter. Can't be THAT bad.

Did some googling, and this appear to be 100% an American thing with the Social Justice crowd (hence, posting in this thread).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

It's only offensive to people who are being offended on behalf of people who consider themselves to be Oriental and don't really care.

Also, Asian .NE. Oriental. All orientals are Asian, but not all Asians are oriental. Oriental refers to people with origins in east Asia (China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan). "Asian" can mean Chinese, but it also encompasses Indians, Pakistanis, Arabs, Persians, Afghanis, Uzbekis, some Russians, southeast Asians, etc. etc. "Asian" is essentially meaningless as a way to describe people EXCEPT FOR PEOPLE WHO FALSELY BELIEVE IT'S SOMEHOW LESS OFFENSIVE TO REFER TO PEOPLE AS "ASIAN" WHEN THEY REALLY MEAN ORIENTAL. And yes, I recognize that some people (especially younger people raised in western countries) who would be considered "oriental" are on that politically correct bandwagon. At least their righteous indignation is over a perceived offense to them directly and not surrogate indignation by a non-Asian SJW.

Using the word "Asian" is about as useful as "European" or "African." All it means is that they're native (or descended from) people from a freakin' continent, not an ethnic or racial group.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It looks like some student in Brownsburg is upset that a teacher would call all of his students by their last name instead of participating in the student's fantasy.

"I think that Mr.Kluge's religious beliefs have absolutely no place in a public high school Ithink what he believes is morally just conflicts with what not only Ibelieve. What my parents believe, what my psychiatrist, therapist and doctorbelieve and the school board believe are morally just," Aidyn said.

Clearly there are no mental issues there!

Student also claims the teacher did not care about providing a "safe space".

http://fox59.com/2018/06/11/district-approves-resignation-of-brownsburg-teacher-who-refused-to-call-trans-students-by-preferred-names/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom