The Insane "Social Justice" Thread pt V...The Insanity is Insane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Another Dying Industry? Gamers Spent 60% of Their 2023 Play Time on Games Older Than a Half Decade​

While I'm not a big gamer I would imagine that what people want is good content whether it's old or new. The film industry has the same problem.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And if they got home, and found out that the cop that was going to save her grandma, was stopped by 2 twerking... people...

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Another Dying Industry? Gamers Spent 60% of Their 2023 Play Time on Games Older Than a Half Decade​

A lot of today's games have things that make them not as much fun as they could be.
    • Many games turn out to be loot traps.
    • They constantly fill games with micro-transactions to nickel and dime you to death
    • They often get a little too woke.
    If people are spending their time playing 5-10 year old games, that says games were better then.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't help but think the gaming industry may suffer from the same problem that Hollywood does - great swathes of content type are off limits because of progressive group think and as a downstream effect many really creative people are driven away by all the rules and strictures (and for all we know a requirement to insert DEI into existing and future games)

Maybe INGO developers could put together a 'stacking commies up like cordwood game' to see if trying something different would generate excitement. We'll know for sure what went wrong if they come out with a 'cleansing the countryside of white extremism' game
    here's an idea for a game. I'll just give the title and everyone can use their imaginations about game play. It's called pin the **** on the tranny.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A lot of today's games have things that make them not as much fun as they could be.
    • Many games turn out to be loot traps.
    • They constantly fill games with micro-transactions to nickel and dime you to death
    • They often get a little too woke.
    If people are spending their time playing 5-10 year old games, that says games were better then.
    You left off repetitive.

For the microtransactions, they make it hard to succeed just playing the game, trying to force people to pay money to get ahead. It is especially true in large online games, where a player is trying to compete with others.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You left off repetitive.

For the microtransactions, they make it hard to succeed just playing the game, trying to force people to pay money to get ahead. It is especially true in large online games, where a player is trying to compete with others.
    That's covered under loot traps, where I have to constantly grind to find stuff because I'm not paying real money to get it through micro-transactions. Better to play a game I played years ago that I actually really enjoyed. After a few years its almost like playing it new.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's covered under loot traps, where I have to constantly grind to find stuff because I'm not paying real money to get it through micro-transactions. Better to play a game I played years ago that I actually really enjoyed. After a few years its almost like playing it new.
    As I don't play many games that have microtransactions and all that nonsense, that is not what I was referring to. I' thinking more of games where you have the same group of missions repeated over and over across the map, like Assassins Creed. You have a lot of playtime with little actual content.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With games like Assassins Creed completeness is the only reason to do the side missions. Spider-man was kinda the same. RDR2 was kinda that way but I actually didn't mind those. Sometimes you can be a bad guy and just kill everyone, sometimes you play it as a good guy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    With games like Assassins Creed completeness is the only reason to do the side missions. Spider-man was kinda the same. RDR2 was kinda that way but I actually didn't mind those. Sometimes you can be a bad guy and just kill everyone, sometimes you play it as a good guy.
    I'm OK with it to an extent. It gets a point where it is obvious the only reason the missions are there is to add fluff to the time to play. I tend to complete all of the stuff like that in a game except the collecting stuff. Those I almost never complete.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm OK with it to an extent. It gets a point where it is obvious the only reason the missions are there is to add fluff to the time to play. I tend to complete all of the stuff like that in a game except the collecting stuff. Those I almost never complete.
    My son is a glutton for punishment. He'll grind every mission just to get the 100% complete trophy. Then he'll speed-run it to see how fast he can finish it. For me, nah. I'll play it while I think I'm getting some fun out of it and then it's time to move on. I'm pretty sure I've ever 100 percented that kind of game.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Top Bottom