The "Kevin Spacey's career is dead." thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sounds like more dudes are speaking out about overly-flirtatious/outright sexual harassment by Spacey. It seems like these are all "of age" at the time of the incidents, so far.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Men speaking out. That' got to be at least a demerit on their man card.

Deal with it boys.

I'm kinda not convinced what the right thing to do is on this matter, generally.

Pedo homo stuff: call it out.

Non-pedo homo stuff: be flattered, decline politely or impolitely (or not, whatever floats your boat), move on.

Non-pedo homo abusive stuff: call it out.

Some of the stuff becoming public now is - or at least was - "just" flirtatiousness. Both homo and hetero. I know there's a line between flirting and abusing, but one participant's discomfort does not define it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No argument on pedo.

But, unless you're a dyedinthewool homophobe, anyone should be able to tell another guy to backthe ... off.

Now, if you're wearing leather in a gay bar....perhaps you ought to drink elsewhere.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No argument on pedo.

But, unless you're a dyedinthewool homophobe, anyone should be able to tell another guy to backthe ... off.

Now, if you're wearing leather in a gay bar....perhaps you ought to drink elsewhere.
    Or dress differently?

;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Non-pedo homo stuff: be flattered, decline politely or impolitely (or not, whatever floats your boat), move on...

Some of the stuff becoming public now is - or at least was - "just" flirtatiousness. Both homo and hetero. I know there's a line between flirting and abusing, but one participant's discomfort does not define it.

I'm starting to have self-esteem issues from the lack of homo-flirtatiousness directed at me over the years. Sure, I'm old now, but at one time, 6'3", 200 lbs of moderately well built muscle, great hair, eyes bluer than Lake Louise on a sultry summer day. Go ahead...make me uncomfortable.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm starting to have self-esteem issues from the lack of homo-flirtatiousness directed at me over the years. Sure, I'm old now, but at one time, 6'3", 200 lbs of moderately well built muscle, great hair, eyes bluer than Lake Louise on a sultry summer day. Go ahead...make me uncomfortable.

So many directions to go with this setup, I'm suffering from paralysis by analysis.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That seems to be what Hough wants...

I'm not saying I'd engage...but it would be nice to be, y'know, wanted. Look, I'm sure we've all been a little curious...and I don't see a problem if a couple of guys want to put on bathrobes, grill up some steaks and talk Neil Diamond.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

You should have worked at US EPA, Region IX, back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Oh, the hijinks!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    No argument on pedo.

Having lived in Key West for several years I've had the opportunity to visit several of the gay establishments on the island; not being into that lifestyle never presented a problem with the target audience in the bar. I guess I should be on Oprah calling all those people out! Of course who am I, who are they now and who really cares right?

Top Bottom