The "Kevin Spacey's career is dead." thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I wonder if this is browser specific. I typically INGO either from my mac or iPhone, or iPad. I've never had double posts, but occasionally, from the iPhone, after posting I've been sent to a page that says I have to wait at least 15 seconds after posting something to post again, or something like that.

So it looks like it tried to post double from my iPhone, but vbulletin detected the double post.

I am having this occur (the wait at least 15 seconds thing) from time to time on Firefox.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I'm starting to have self-esteem issues from the lack of homo-flirtatiousness directed at me over the years. Sure, I'm old now, but at one time, 6'3", 200 lbs of moderately well built muscle, great hair, eyes bluer than Lake Louise on a sultry summer day. Go ahead...make me uncomfortable.
    Houghmade has turned into Moleman
    [video=youtube_share;pNaKWYwsi1I]http://youtu.be/pNaKWYwsi1I[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know how its awkward when the ugliest chick in the bar is into you and not being discrete about it? Like, it isn't really flattering at all, mostly just sad.

Its kinda like that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I see Kevin is going to seek help. Maybe he and Harvey can get group rates at the sex rehab ranch...
    Does Jeff Epstein still run the one that Bill went to?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm not saying I'd engage...but it would be nice to be, y'know, wanted. Look, I'm sure we've all been a little curious...and I don't see a problem if a couple of guys want to put on bathrobes, grill up some steaks and talk Elton John.

FIFY.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't see his career as dead, after Marv Albert recovered from his scandal and got back into sports anybody can recover, even Harvey. The entertainment industry has a one direction moral compass and it points at money.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I see Kevin is going to seek help. Maybe he and Harvey can get group rates at the sex rehab ranch...
    Does Jeff Epstein still run the one that Bill went to?

Clinton.jpg

images

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Kevin Spacey: Completed film to be reshot without accused actor - BBC News

So he's been replaced and erased from a film he already shot.

Not sure how to feel about that.
    All that based on allegations only, he has yet to be charged with any crime or found guilty of any crime.
    Plus he has already been paid for the film anyway.It's not like they canceled the movie before they they shot it.

Interesting move.

Does that mean that Roman Polanski's films should be destroyed and re-filmed with a different director?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

All that based on allegations only, he has yet to be charged with any crime or found guilty of any crime.
    Plus he has already been paid for the film anyway.It's not like they canceled the movie before they they shot it.

Don't the actors get paid a nominal (in their world) sum up front and make most their money on the box office and residuals? Cut him out of the film and there is not tail end to pay to him.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

They should have left him in the film, but used CGI to make his face look like someone else, and dubbed in someone else's voice to the sound track. That would've been funny.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They should have left him in the film, but used CGI to make his face look like someone else, and dubbed in someone else's voice to the sound track. That would've been funny.

Like the final version of "Game of Death," which starred Bruce Lee (kind of)?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

That's rather drastic, but undoubtedly a marketing decision predicting the film will tank more at the box office than the cost of reshooting his part, and some thought they might get a boost from doing this. It's getting substantial free publicity for the film in the press. Otherwise, they wouldn't do it, they'd just bite the bullet or perhaps delay release. It reminds me of the Joseph Stalin purge playbook: systematically erasing people who fell out of favor from photographs, documents, monuments, everything, as if they'd never been born. Also reminds me of George Orwell's 1984 in which Winston Smith, working in Oceania's Ministry of Truth, continuously rewrites historical documents to comply with the current politically correct version of The Truth.

I've not got much sympathy for Kevin Spacey but I'm not wildly cheering about their decision either as their only criterion was projected box office net $$$ minus total production cost $$$ including marketing.

John

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Don't the actors get paid a nominal (in their world) sum up front and make most their money on the box office and residuals? Cut him out of the film and there is not tail end to pay to him.

I don't know how it works.
    Depending on what's in his contract he might still get paid based on box office results even though he was removed from the movie.
    If they decided to cut him out unilaterally he will probably still get paid fully.
    That's just a "feel-good" move by the studio.
    It's not like he got fired before he signed the contract or shot the movie.

He's already wearing makeup for the movie.
    I didn't know it was him when I saw the trailer.

landscape-1505404496-kevin-spacey.jpg

Top Bottom