• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That actually looks better than I anticipated. The grips are terrible but the overall look is pretty good. The price point will tell the rest of the story.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    So, the street price looks to be around $1400. If that’s the case, I’m in.

I have always wanted Python, but could never justify the $2k plus price it would take to get an original. Reason being is that I’d want to shoot it, a lot & if that sucker went out of time, there really isn’t anyone or any parts to fix it. And then it becomes a $2k paperweight.

I am anticipating that this new Python has similar lock work as the KC, which I like very much.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I am anticipating that this new Python has similar lock work as the KC, which I like very much.

Almost a certainty. Hopefully they will give a bit more detailed attention (as opposed to a stock KC) to the internals to give it a bit better trigger, it will certainly be a stronger Python than the original.

Yankee Zulu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2016
    Monroe Co
    The front sight looks workhorse S&W. Even the new KC has better sights, not to mention top shelf Smith revolvers. If it isnÂ’t photoshop it sure isnÂ’t a $1400 gun.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Looks better than I thought too.
    But it's still not an old Python.
    They are what they are.

I'd rather have the old one.
    If wanting a newer less expensive .357, a pre lock 686.
    LOL

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Sure to get hate mail on this but like CM I tried many Snakes. They all broke. They were the prettiest guns but the Smith run the distance. This from the video. A50807C5-4372-4A17-9C78-E389CA71A188.jpg

How not to hold a revolver.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    There are two kinds of gun owners....
    The Marlin S&W guys and the Browning Colt guys..... I bought a few of each in the 80's-90's, Which ones do folks ask about and want to shoot when at the range and are now worth 2-3 times the money as the other? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Marlin S&W guys and the Browning Colt guys..... I bought a few of each in the 80's-90's, Which ones do folks ask about and want to shoot when at the range and are now worth 2-3 times the money as the other? :dunno:

Ha.....good points. But still, I love my S$W's and am deeply ingrained in the JMB designed 1911's. To clarify I said JMB designed. :):
    No external ejectors or sig related :bs:

The snake guns are very alluring and manly pieces for sure they just do not measure up to the S$W offerings in the same caliber.
    Do I wish I still had them for re-sale value.....heck yes I do.
    JMHO opinion from peroneal experiences.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It's finally official.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/b...uffer&utm_term=ttagfeed&utm_campaign=ttagfeed

python.jpg

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    The Python is now available & can be purchased from your local stocking dealer.

There is a nice breakdown video on Colt’s YouTube channel explaining the action. It sounds like the action may be different than the new King Cobra line. They discussed making the action more efficient by eliminating 14 parts from the old Python.

They also claim that the modern forged steel & re-engineered lockwork have created a stronger Python that can “withstand a lifetime of 357 magnum rounds.”

Claim they tested it to 12,000 357 magnum rounds without frame/barrel twist or timing issues.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Hmmm, I don't like Marlins, Smith revolvers are OK (their autos no likey)
    Only Colts I like are 1911, Python and Woodsman.
    Browning? Eh, if a Citori would shoot flat for me. Never liked the 41.

Would consider a new Python for a red dot sight of some sort.
    Hunting gun.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    JUST FOUND THIS OUT AND I ALREADY LOVE IT. The hammer spur looks a tiny bit different but it’s beautiful. I love Colt, I love the Python. I love the fact that they are back. I will have one...maybe two. :ingo:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    JUST FOUND THIS OUT AND I ALREADY LOVE IT. The hammer spur looks a tiny bit different but it’s beautiful. I love Colt, I love the Python. I love the fact that they are back. I will have one...maybe two. :ingo:

If it meets your criteria, indeed.........they make em to sell.
    So what if they are different than the old ones?
    I'm interested in one for hunting, will need a reflex or RDS of some sort.
    1500 bucks..............people go to the movies, gamble, super size their McDs daily.....
    they will justify p*ssing their money away on all sorts of things, but then whine about a 1500 dollar revolver.

Stupidity and jealousy I reckon.

Its a 1500 revolver. Not cheap. But less expensive than a 3000 dollar first version.

Worth the price? That is for the owner to decide.
    Don't give a flying flip about Taurus fans moaning about it (seen on other posts/forums).

Can't make everybody happy.
    But some might be, buying a new Python.
    Goody for them :)

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I’ve been eyeing S&W revolvers for a .357 or .44 but this looks good too. $1500 is a bit steep but we live in a day of $8 coffee so.......If it tastes good

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I’ve been eyeing S&W revolvers for a .357 or .44 but this looks good too. $1500 is a bit steep but we live in a day of $8 coffee so.......If it tastes good

But on the bright side..... The price of Hookers has gone down a bit.

7elrmTJ.jpg

....thanks to Meth.

Top Bottom