• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Can’t remake a handbuilt hand fitted gun when most of the hands have been let go after ____ bankruptcies? MIM parts and Pythons won’t mix. They were works of art in their day, not really functional for that long, but definitely works of art.

Come on man, other than the custom shop its been almost 25 years since production stopped with the python. The workers were old journeymen then, long retired along with worn out tooling and machinery. Most are likely are dead by now.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Should they have just kept making AR's that nobody was buying?
    People were still buying them, it was damn near impossible to go to a store and put hands on one, the 100+ day supply Colt said was in the pipeline was either never released, or RSR, Ellet, and all the big named distributors are holding them speculating? I’ve tried for quite awhile to get my mitts on a couple OEM’s, and they were vaporware.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Come on man, other than the custom shop its been almost 25 years since production stopped with the python. The workers were old journeymen then, long retired along with worn out tooling and machinery. Most are likely are dead by now.
    Don’t know how long you’ve been following, but Colt’s prior cash problems way back to the 90’s and before? So I’m not sure what your comment means. You’re saying the new machine made Pythons are better than hand built and fitted ones?

Top Bottom