The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I still really like my .45 Shield and 2.0 9C. The grip texture is great when your hamds are hot & sweaty at the range. But yes I had trouble with it grabbing my shirts and rubbing my skin raw. Sometimes exposing itself by having to peel my shirt from the grip like velcro. I put a Hogue slip on grip on the .45 shield and it no longer grabs my clothes or tries to rub my skin off. I've never carried the 2.0 9C since I primarily bought it for my wife and daughter to shoot

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Appreciate the feedback guys. I'm waiting to see if Gunbuyer will honor a price match from one of their competitors. If they do, I'll buy one.

Good news is they have come down a little in price. Bad news is I have a lot tied up in my CZ which will cost me.:)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Gonna try and resurrect this...again. :)

I went on and bought the CZ P10C. Loved that it checked all the boxes I wanted; EDC, range, home defense, training, competition.

That said I am on my third trigger (including factory) to get rid of the pain that my trigger finger experiences after some rounds downrange. My initial thought was, like a guitar player, just toughen up my finger. The more I think about it, I'm not sure I should have to get used to a firearm inducing pain like that.

At this point, I think it is a design flaw with CZ. The trigger guard opening is smallish. Last night I took my other firearms out and my finger does not touch the trigger guard on any of them except for the CZ. Even my Shield provides plenty of daylight between my finger and the bottom of the trigger guard.

So, I'm back to thinking I ought to try the 2.0 Compact. I do know my finger stays away from the guard and I haven't heard any complaints in that area.

It pains me to think I may have to try once again to find that "perfect" pistol for me. Especially since I have invested in two holsters, a trigger and extra mags for the CZ. It could be a tough sell.

Are you guys still happy with your Smith's? How many of you have sold them and moved on? And if so, why did you sell them?

Thanks.

I will have to say that since this initial post, that I have not even entertained selling my M&P40 m2.0 compact. This is highly irregular for me, since I am kinda known for getting bored with a particular pistol within a year and replacing it with a new hotness... Not this time!

As I've mentioned here and elsewhere, I have owned many of the various iterations of the M&P & Shield line of pistols. I carried them all at one time or another, and even though I liked/loved them all, I always kept an eye out for that next BIG thing, which of course included other brands like CZ, Springfield, Walther and others. I can honestly say that I have not even thought about replacing my M&P 2.0 compact. It is just that perfect... For me!

I'll just hold onto this one, thanks.
    uavdVHyl.jpg

Last edited:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Are the triggers less terrible than the gen ones? That was my only complaint about them. That and my shield was always front sight up when I pressed out, not sure if these would be the same way or not.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Are the triggers less terrible than the gen ones? That was my only complaint about them. That and my shield was always front sight up when I pressed out, not sure if these would be the same way or not.

Gen 2 definitely has a better trigger out of the box. My current 1.0 EDC has no grit to it. Maybe a little less crisp on break, but after a few hundred rounds it got better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I'd definitely say the 2.0's have a more pronounced reset. Not sure if that is something that matters to you or not. I only had a Gen 1 for a very brief period and sold it off as I could not get used to the trigger, but the 2.0 is my carry gun when I want something a bit bigger than the P365.

Top Bottom