The New EDC Perfection... M&P m2.0 Compact!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    North central Indiana
    Route 45: Thanks for the video. I am currently carrying a Glock 23 with a KKM 357 SIG barrel and that is what I have in mind for a M&P 2.0 Compact 40. The aftermarket barrel manufacturers do do not list 357 SIG barrels for the 2.0 Compact, but they have them for the standard 4.25" models. I sure hope they will work, and it looks like they should.

Edit: Just found a thread about this on the M&P Forum. Someone posted that the longer barrel will not work because the barrel taper begins right at the muzzle. Bummer. But 40 is still a good caliber, just not as desirable at 357 SIG to me. Still may change to M&P Compact. So far have not seen anything bad about them.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Edit: Just found a thread about this on the M&P Forum. Someone posted that the longer barrel will not work because the barrel taper begins right at the muzzle. Bummer. But 40 is still a good caliber, just not as desirable at 357 SIG to me. Still may change to M&P Compact. So far have not seen anything bad about them.

That is what I have read as well. But all hope is not lost. My .40 2.0 compact's factory magazines say .40 and .357 on them which tells me that there are at least plans for factory support of 357 sig. Still makes me cringe to have a slide that says 40sw while shooting 357 tho, like having an ar lower marked 5.56 but with a 300blk upper.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I’ve carried a FS m&p for years. I’m loving the new FS 2.0. I need to pick up a 2.0 compact.

Let me know if you do. I just (yesterday) picked up a 2.0 compact. Range trip this morning was great. The only difference in size is the grip. I am wondering if I should have stayed with FS instead. I have all the spare mags, and have CT grips on two of them.

Mags work in the compact, but the laser won't.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Fired about another 400 rounds during a class no malfunctions of any type.
    I seem to be able to get on the sights faster with this pistol than most.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Fired about another 400 rounds during a class no malfunctions of any type.
    I seem to be able to get on the sights faster with this pistol than most.
    Are you running the 15 round mags?

I have a couple (so far) 17 rounders that do not achieve slide lock. All are OEM.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Are you running the 15 round mags?

I have a couple (so far) 17 rounders that do not achieve slide lock. All are OEM.

I'm running both the 15 rounders that came with the 2.0 compact and several of the 17 rounders that came with my Gen1 and my 2.0 full-size M&Ps... All have run flawlessly in the new 2.0 compact.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They missed an opportunity to paint it tan and slap an "X" on it. :):

I made a similar comment on another forum when someone complained about S&W's naming... but, hey, it works for Apple as well (make a different size and slap X in the name)

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I'm running both the 15 rounders that came with the 2.0 compact and several of the 17 rounders that came with my Gen1 and my 2.0 full-size M&Ps... All have run flawlessly in the new 2.0 compact.

Ran some yesterday. Had four 17 rounders that would not lock the compact when empty. Marking them and heading back to see what the difference is. All are OEM mags and run with mo problems in my three 1.0 FS.

On a side note, I am not seeing the benefit for me to run two rounds less. I might put the compact up in the classifieds with wanting to trade for a 2.0 FS.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Yeah the orginal 17 round mags will not lock the slide back. Not an issue for me but could be for some.

The updated 2.0 slide lock has been reengineer to prevent the dumb auto forward. Great trade off in my opinion but they also changed the mag followers and it prevents previous generation from lock slide back.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The majority of my range mags work with the 2.0c for slide lock. I even tested some .40 mags and they all seemed to work.

Went for another range trip and none of the un-marked mags had a problem. I loaded them all again before I thought about taking them apart and looking to see if the followers are a little different. Not sure otherwise.

Side note tho... I do like the gun. Shoots well, handles nice. Wife likes it... a lot. So much so that she has claimed it for herself as soon as she gets a rig that she likes. Yay for me... now I can just go buy a 2.0 FS and call it a day.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Let me know if you do. I just (yesterday) picked up a 2.0 compact. Range trip this morning was great. The only difference in size is the grip. I am wondering if I should have stayed with FS instead. I have all the spare mags, and have CT grips on two of them.

Mags work in the compact, but the laser won't.

Older thread, but didn't want to start a new one. On the grip comparing between the FS and compact it appears the compact does not have that slight flare like the FS. Does your hand fit well on the compact? How about that pinky finger? Does it stay on the grip or is there a tendancy for it to slip off since the flare is not present?

I need to get to a shop and hold one, but I am still very interested. I would like a nightstand, carry, car and potential IDPA all in one pistol and this one looks like it might be as close as I can get.

Also, when I owned a first generation FS M&P I did not shoot it very well. It hit low and left even though my other pistols did not. I know I could have trained out of this but wasn't patient so I sold it.

Anyone having any issues with hits on targets?

Top Bottom