• PISTOL KIT SOLVED: 3 - 9s and a .45.
    • No Safety.
    • Hitting stores BEFORE announcement.
    • Priced slightly higher than the 9E.

Confirmed:
    LANYARD HOLE! FOR YOUR LANYARD NEEDS.

• Pretensioned Striker.
    • Ambi Controls.
    • Your ruger brand safety brand rugerness- NO TRIGER PULL REQ FOR TAKE DOWN. This is why they are making it!!!1one.
    • 4.2" Barrel (9mm)/4.5" Barrel(.45).
    • Short Takeup with positive Reset.
    • 45 has a 10rd capacity with the SAME WIDTH as the 9mm. 1.4"
    • Multiple backstraps. (S/M/L) and (M/L) 9 and 45.
    • NO MAG DISCONECT.
    More 9mms will hit the market than .45s at the start.

Touted Features:

• Shorter takeup. (Shorter than a glock brand glock)
    • Military in mind. (Maybe trying for that future contract?)
    • "Low Bore Axis"/"Low Mass Slide" (Relative is sure to be king here.)

Omnifox Brand Speculation:
    Why is the width the same in 9mm and .45? Because of the interchangeable grips! S/M/L for 9mm and M/L for .45. So the measurement is likely taken from the SAME grip panel. Providing identical dimensions. Or Ruger ****ed up the spec sheet.
    Why a lanyard hole? Also why "mil spec" crap in the marketing? Well... Maybe not just for marketing. Perhaps for a .mil contract? I mean, it would make sense to try it. Especially with the unified grip system.

Text and photos stolen from reddit <-- Click for link / discussion of where I saw this.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Never really messed with Rugers outside their 22LR offerings (10/22 and I have an old 70's model Mark 1 pistol and almostcame home with a MKIII a couple weeks ago).

From what I read people love the SR9's trigger, and even Glock fanboys with trigger kits and trigger work seem to find the Ruger stock trigger to be superb.

I may have to hold one of these. Looks a PPQ and Glock had a love child.

I'm still iffy on the apperances but it does look like it'd be comfortable. I like pistols with a good backstrap / beaver tell that lets me really get my hand up as high as possible without fear of being bit by the slide.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Well follow standard protocol, buy it, shoot 100-150 rds, send it back to Ruger, wait 2 weeks, get it back, shoot it all is good! Every Ruger I have bought in the last several yrs ALL HAVE GONE BACK for somethg and not minor.
    22/45 lite chipping of the ejection port
    SR1911 barrel had serious chatter marks and wouldn't shoot for snot
    SR9 broken spring
    I'm not picky at all just seems their QC is lacking in a big way
    I'll pass!!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    It'd be nice if 45 had a bit higher capacity. 10rds seems low when the 9mm in the same size is 17+1.

Will be nice to see some reviews after people pick it up. It should be available tomorrow if shops have them in stock from what I understand. Retail should be around the $500 mark, give or take a Jackson either way.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Crap! I just bought a PPQ. Maybe they'll have one soon at the LGS or 1500 so I can compare them. I'm not against having one of each. LOL

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Well follow standard protocol, buy it, shoot 100-150 rds, send it back to Ruger, wait 2 weeks, get it back, shoot it all is good! Every Ruger I have bought in the last several yrs ALL HAVE GONE BACK for somethg and not minor.
    22/45 lite chipping of the ejection port
    SR1911 barrel had serious chatter marks and wouldn't shoot for snot
    SR9 broken spring
    I'm not picky at all just seems their QC is lacking in a big way
    I'll pass!!

I've bought 7 Ruger handguns since 2008, including 3 SR9's and an LCP, and I've not once had any problem with any of them. I'll buy one of these, with confidence, ass soon as I'm able.

I've also become a happy Glock owner over the last couple years, and I agree that the SR9 trigger is vastly superior. A gun with the simplicity of the Glock, as this one promises, with the Ruger trigger, would be a winner, to me.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I've bought 7 Ruger handguns since 2008, including 3 SR9's and an LCP, and I've not once had any problem with any of them. I'll buy one of these, with confidence, ass soon as I'm able.

I've also become a happy Glock owner over the last couple years, and I agree that the SR9 trigger is vastly superior. A gun with the simplicity of the Glock, as this one promises, with the Ruger trigger, would be a winner, to me.

Revolvers? Don't get me wrong I love my Ruger 1911's and even my Lite but js they all had to go back. Their CS is great!! But if i'm in the market for a high cap 9 its NOT GONNA BE A RUGER!! Glock for sure.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Revolvers? Don't get me wrong I love my Ruger 1911's and even my Lite but js they all had to go back. Their CS is great!! But if i'm in the market for a high cap 9 its NOT GONNA BE A RUGER!! Glock for sure.

None of mine went back. 3 SR9's, 1 SR 1911, 2 LCP's, and one revolver, a Single 6. I have heard their CS is great, but I haven't had to use it. In addition, my brother and nephew have SR9's and LCP's, and theirs have been 100%, as well.

It was 2008 when they had the issues with the early LCP's and SR9's. That was a long time ago. My first SR9 was bought in mid 2008 and has thousands of flawless rounds through it. The others were post 2009. On top of that, I'm more accurate with it than any of my other handguns.

That's why I'm excited about this new Ruger.

I carry a Glock 19 mostly right now, and a 43 or 42 some of the time. I LOVE my Glocks, but they all got new sights and while I run stock triggers, they aren't even close to the the triggers on my SR9's. If this gun turns out to be great, and they produce it in a Glock 19 size, it could easily become my EDC. Time will tell.

I'm not doubting your troubles with your Rugers. I'm just saying I've had 100% good luck with them, so I have no reservations about the new one. I'll be reserving or preordering one either tomorrow or Thursday.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My neighbor has a SR9c and the trigger on it sucks. Maybe it just hadn't been shot enough? My M&P9c trigger is much better...at least when its not full of carbon.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My neighbor has a SR9c and the trigger on it sucks. Maybe it just hadn't been shot enough? My M&P9c trigger is much better...at least when its not full of carbon.

The SR triggers do improve significantly with use, in my opinion. They're still better than Glock triggers, out of the box, though. My Glock 19 is approaching 1k rounds and the trigger hasn't improved at all.

Top Bottom