The newest generation gets their gun info from call of duty.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Not sure if this belongs here but. I hate it when young people my age go to gunshows and pick up guns ACT LIKE EXPERTS and then when the person corrects them they walk away and say. "That guy is wrong I got my info from call of duty.) Or something like that. The newest generation gets there gun info from call of duty. I dont know why im ranting but it just gives kids like me who know about guns a bad name.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Ya I see that alot my little brother wants an FAL type rifle just cause it "owns" At the same time not to many kids know anything about guns except whats on games and movies. One of my brothers friends said tables and couches stop bullets when in real life some houses dont stop many bullets. Oh and the riot shield is a joke. It has lead people to believe that a thin sheet of plexiglass will stop a .308 LOL.

Id really like to see "Duty kids" run a Mosin like in World at War LOL I can guaranty after 20 rounds you would hear "my shoulder hurts and I cant turn the bolt blah blah blah"

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My daughter is one of those game weapons experts - where did I go wrong? She called me up one day and asked if she could take one of my pistols to the range. I said "Do you have your carry permit?" End of discussion. She knows what to do.

To the OP - glad you know what is real.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had to ask my son what you guys were talking about. This is a video game chat. Well now I know. Carry on.

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Call of Duty rocks...

The real issue is the lack of knowledgeable and responsible firearm enthusiasts in the mainstream and in the lives of kids today. Growing up I was first taught great respect and safety, then supervised and educated in shooting. I two grandfathers that came back from WW2 and my father was an avid hunter prior to retirement, so there was no shortage of expertise from which I could draw from. So its the fault of MY generation not properly learning and passing on a healthy respect and knowledge but instead allowing Hollywood and video games to dictate the next generation's impression.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Ya I see that alot my little brother wants an FAL type rifle just cause it "owns" At the same time not to many kids know anything about guns except whats on games and movies. One of my brothers friends said tables and couches stop bullets when in real life some houses dont stop many bullets. Oh and the riot shield is a joke. It has lead people to believe that a thin sheet of plexiglass will stop a .308 LOL.

Id really like to see "Duty kids" run a Mosin like in World at War LOL I can guaranty after 20 rounds you would hear "my shoulder hurts and I cant turn the bolt blah blah blah"

Oh my God you mean they don't! I'm going to have to rethink my defense strategy, get rid of the couches and coffee tables and pick up some car fenders and hoods, I know they stop bullets since movies, TV shows and video games show it!

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My boys and I play those video games, I try to show my boys the games are fun and the info is about 50% right, I tried to show them guns from the games and add "This is a real one".

They did help get them interested in guns but most need someone to go past the game info. Just wish everyone had that expert to show them the right stuff.

I'm not a expert on guns, but I'm cramming for the test :)

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    My little brother is 13 and really into Call of Duty. When he visited last time, I asked him what his favorite gun to use on Call of Duty and he said, "The AK47!" I told him to come with me and popped open the safe and when I pulled out my 10/63, his eyes got all wide and his jaw dropped.

We went and shot it the next day and he got a little more appreciation for how the weapon handled and realized there's a little more to it than just tapping some buttons...

Top Bottom