The newest generation gets their gun info from call of duty.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Call of Dooty weapons experts remind me of Guitar Hero musicians. ;)

I was thinking something along those same lines as I read through this thread. Getting your gun info from Call of Duty is like learning to play guitar from Guitar Hero. I'm not knocking either game. I enjoy playing both but I accept them for what they are, mindless distractions.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    But I bet a a knife kills in a single stroke right? I hate that! lol.

They are all like that. It takes 2 headshots at point blank range with a .50BMG to kill and one shifty prison shank slash to kill.

Also all the 40mm grenades are way more powerful than real life. I mean I wouldn't want to stand next to one going off, but they seem to kill from 20 yards away and hardly ever just wound.

And don't get me started on Winchester Model 1887 akimbo'ed

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    One thing that you see in video games that I wish we could have in real life is unlimited ammo for each gun.
    I have seen a video game where the character (a secret service agent wearing a suit, so no backpack, leg pouch or anything) had a MP5 SMG, and you could make him reload like 20 times in a raw, with a new magazine everytime.
    I have no idea where he had them stored on his person.
    And then you can pick someone else's gun on the ground, like a AK 47 from a bad guy that you just killed.
    And here once again, once you emptied the magazine that was in the gun you just took, you can reload with a bunch of extra AK mags that somehow you had on your person in case you run into someone with a AK.
    And I think you could even switch guns.
    Like the character could carry his pistol, his SMG, his AK, his sniper rifle, a RPG ... all that councealed under his suit with showing any bulge or print.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Also whenever you reload your weapon after firing 10 of 30 rounds in your mag it automatically tops off the magazine you just put back into your vest/pouch/whatever. and you can carry 600 rounds of ammo when in single player missions for one weapon, but only get 90 rounds in multiplayer.

And in billions of rounds fired on modern warfare, black ops, etc. there has never been one weapon malfunction.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Also whenever you reload your weapon after firing 10 of 30 rounds it automatically tops off the magazine you just put back into your vest/pouch/whatever. and you can carry 600 rounds of ammo when in single player missions for one weapon.

And in billions of rounds fired on modern warefare, black ops, etc. there has never been one weapon malfunction.

Of course, black ops use Glocks they couldn't make them jam even if they tried. :rolleyes:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    As far as ammo and weapons goes, I think the most "realistic" game is Far Cry 2. Pick up an old rusty AK with bad ammo and you'll get misfires, jams and even some rounds blow up in the breach.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    How else are we going to get everyone into guns?

A whole generation who's dad won't take them shooting. Call of duty will save this sport.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I don't knock the games if it prompts people to learn. But I got out of the video games long before COD, but did play the Tom Clancy Rainbow series, doesn't mean I plug in my god mode and unlimited ammo cheats when I leave the house in the morning. My younger brothers were big time into the video games and I'm willing to bet either would be scared to fire a real gun. It's entertainment if it sparks interest then great.

Now internet experts that keep telling me I will die because I shoot an overpriced Glock that will surely jam in a critical moment and I need to sell it for a highpoint, even though it won't make it through airport security; them I'm getting tired of.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How else are we going to get everyone into guns?

A whole generation who's dad won't take them shooting. Call of duty will save this sport.

You can still take friends and family menbers shooting.
    If their dad's are not into guns im sure they could still find some parents who are.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Sure they CAN but fathers are not getting kids into guns because they aren't into guns.

It warms my heart when someone I am taking shooting for the first time brings their child who is into games. They can name all of the garands, mosins, 1903s, scars, lugers, 226s, cz 75s, and then ask if I have an acr they can try to shoot. The father just looks wide eyed and they both realize at that moment they have a common intrest they can share. Even if mom doesn't like it. :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sure they CAN but fathers are not getting kids into guns because they aren't into guns.

It warms my heart when someone I am taking shooting for the first time brings their child who is into games. They can name all of the garands, mosins, 1903s, scars, lugers, 226s, cz 75s, and then ask if I have an acr they can try to shoot. The father just looks wide eyed and they both realize at that moment they have a common intrest they can share. Even if mom doesn't like it. :)

I knwo what you mean.
    Yeah mom can be a problem sometimes. :rolleyes:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My son is 14 and a big x box cod + any shooter game freak. Several years ago I started taking him shooting with me. The first time he shot my GP 100, his jaw dropped open! And he DIDN'T get a bulls-eye. It was just this summer that he gave it another go.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is it possible that there were young people who thought they knew everything even before Call of Duty came along?

3 years ago I never would have thought of owning a gun. I did play Call of Duty though. MW and Waw, I found it interesting that they used actual guns, and I started googling. The more I reserarched, the more I thought about owning a gun myself. I got my first handgun a year ago, my first rifle a couple of months ago and I'm saving for my next one. And I have Call of Duty to thank for it. :draw:

Video games generate interest. I think the majority of gamers are wise enough to realize that not everything in a game is realistic, just like tv and movies. Feel free to point out all the errors if you want, but it's a bit like arguing the physics of Star Trek.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, COD people are goofy. However, Black Ops is spot on. I took a guy out sprinting down stairs with a flying leap then a knife to the back. They won't let me do that at the range but I totally could.

does anyone have a link to the gun with the heartbeat sensor on it? I've been trying to buy one.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am on the backside of my 40's. I played Atari in my teens. Earlier this year we got an Xbox. You know, for my daughter and wife so they could play those kinect games. Then I bought COD Black Ops...And then I started playing it....This was not Atari tank battle...This was...Oh I can't help it..I love COD!!!! I do...I am an old man and I think that game is the bees knees...Except for those jumping, camping, second chancing middle school punks that keep killing me....:xmad: But I'll keep practicing..It is a swell stress reliever...Right???:rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am on the backside of my 40's. I played Atari in my teens. Earlier this year we got an Xbox. You know, for my daughter and wife so they could play those kinect games. Then I bought COD Black Ops...And then I started playing it....This was not Atari tank battle...This was...Oh I can't help it..I love COD!!!! I do...I am an old man and I think that game is the bees knees...Except for those jumping, camping, second chancing middle school punks that keep killing me....:xmad: But I'll keep practicing..It is a swell stress reliever...Right???:rolleyes:

In real live those kills wouldn't have a chance against you on your own field!

Way to go [STRIKE]old man, I mean grandpa [/STRIKE]... Sir! :D ;)

Top Bottom