The newest generation gets their gun info from call of duty.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Alright, so far I've learned (in real life) there are no respawns. I can't take 50 rounds to the face before falling down and my home made riot shield won't stop C4. There are kill streaks though, right?

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Yeah, but when you all were little kids you thought that guns didn't need to be reloaded for a hundred rounds because you saw it all the time in the movies. When your parents were kids they thought that silver was ballistically superior for masked men. Every one of us was ignorant until we had someone teach us properly or found the information on our own. Its just too bad there aren't more adults prepared to help kids through this right of passage.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I was a Counterstrike kid...still want a Steyr AUG. :D

+1

I was so close to buying an MSAR this year, but Murphy's Law stopped me. Maybe next year...

As for our generation looking at guns through TV screens? It is a good thing. It increases curiosity about firearms and will create a completely new generation of shooters.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Then again, if I was going to storm a bunker in real life, I wouldn't be taking along a squad of smart mouthed asthmatic 13 year olds :ar15:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Then again, if I was going to storm a bunker in real life, I wouldn't be taking along a squad of smart mouthed asthmatic 13 year olds :ar15:

+1

Here's something I'd like to see; I'd like to see a video game that requires you to verify what guns you PERSONALLY own in real-life, and you are only allowed to use those weapons in the game. Or maybe just in one of the game-modes, because I'm sure the asthmatic 13 year olds would have a fit if that was all the game was.

I think it'd be fun....get somebody to plug in realistic weapons data on a couple hundred common makes and models of rifles and handguns. Seriously, somebody get on this; when it gets big, I'll help run your servers/datacenter, but I'm not so good with the programming aspect of it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    My boys (11, 10, & 7) chase each other around on Black Ops all the time. They were really excited about shooting the real "M-14" and "M-16". Then reality sunk in when shooting them. Now they talk about the difference between real and the game. "Man, that M-14 really kicks!" says one.

:)::):

Colonel_Failure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    I was thinking something along those same lines as I read through this thread. Getting your gun info from Call of Duty is like learning to play guitar from Guitar Hero. I'm not knocking either game. I enjoy playing both but I accept them for what they are, mindless distractions.

Get in the right game type and it's not so mindless. A few friends and I play COD Team Tactical (4 vs. 4) competitively and I can say it takes a lot more than just being good on the stick. Strategy, good comms, and teamwork are clutch. Our team won 25k at the last COD XP tourney. (1st got 400k). Not bad for 2 days of "work".

casper975

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My nephew was telling me about this rifle he wants and I told him I've never heard of it and then he puts on call of duty and showed it to me and then I told him what the rifle realy was

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Psh. I learned my guns from GoldenEye. DD44-Distovel and the cougar magnum were some of my favorites. I bought my first golden gun at the age of fourteen.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    nonono, you have it all wrong. YOU have to hit everyone else 2x with a .50, but everyone else only has to hit you 1x with a 5.56 :dunno::n00b:

This is true.. They can sometimes survive most of my 7.62's magazine, while proceeding to "murk" and or "pwn" me with a couple shots from thier weapon of choice. Has to be the connection lag.. :D

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    What makes me mad about those gun games is if i shoot someone on there with a .45 6 times they still come up and blow me to pieces with their knife...I just hate it when people try and recreate some of the things from movies and video games in real life...

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    COD/MOH video games are SWEET! But the best part is putting my teenage Brother-in-Law in his place. Usually he gets me pretty good until I put him in a more real world situation where he has set parameters or objectives and can't run around the map at will. Then tactics become much more important.

Top Bottom