The nightly spam, what will it be tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    More 'about me' bio spammers.

View Profile: senterrol - INGunOwners

These are still around from a couple days ago as well.

And more....

View Profile: IRSLawyer - INGunOwners Read the bio. If not spam then it's at least advertising a business and needs a vendor membership.

View Profile: olianroy - INGunOwners Same thing.

It doesn't look like there's a way to report these two. There is no way to report a profile.

Edit to add more:

View Profile: milerroy - INGunOwners

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I sent out a PM a couple days ago to let them know. Most of the ones I've listed have been shootered, with the exception of the three I quoted above. Got another one that joined less than an hour ago to add to the list. Another bio spammer.

View Profile: baibilter - INGunOwners

Question for the mods if they see this. Once someone is shootered, (not an actual member, a spammer) is their account ever actively deleted or just a dead account? Are shootered accounts still included in the total membership count? Right now it says we have 40,176 members. I was just wondering how many of those are shootered and/or spammer accounts.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Reporting is still the best nd fastest way. If you make a post listing them in here, you can report that post if you wish. Just be specific in the message :thumbsup:

We appreciate the help :ingo:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Reporting is still the best nd fastest way. If you make a post listing them in here, you can report that post if you wish. Just be specific in the message :thumbsup:

We appreciate the help :ingo:

On the bio spammers there is nothing to report. Some of them don't make a post or a visitor message. They put their spam in the 'about me' section. Thought this thread would be easier to gather them all in one place for the morning cleaning instead of separate PM about each one.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    On the bio spammers there is nothing to report. Some of them don't make a post or a visitor message. They put their spam in the 'about me' section. Thought this thread would be easier to gather them all in one place for the morning cleaning instead of separate PM about each one.

Yeah. That's why I was suggesting to list them in a post in here, then report that post with a message about the contents having bio spam :thumbsup:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Quite a few tonight... some of you might have caught my witty synopsis' as I got miscombobulated during the process of recording & trashing them. Reasons (in as broken english as possible) as follows:

"Then this is the most take over smacked on your butt hurt stand in your office or an office, it hurts, ouch."
    "We have dodge that bullet, and banned the spam that consists of our needs at our fullest will. Those who choose to use pro factor 2000 suck ass."
    "Your minor glance has been recommended and decided that the glance should be major, so to you we will have to wait much time"
    "SPAM is looked upon greatly as badness so to indemnify us we create less users who are capable of such actions."

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Counted 5 so far. There will probably be 2 more by morning. They are relentless and getting crafty. Upon reading OneBadV8's posts above yesterday morning I was going to try and take a different approach. I was going to make just one post and edit it so it contained them all and then report my post (if needed) when I gave up for the night. Seemed like a cleaner way to do it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Counted 5 so far. There will probably be 2 more by morning. They are relentless and getting crafty. Upon reading OneBadV8's posts above yesterday morning I was going to try and take a different approach. I was going to make just one post and edit it so it contained them all and then report my post (if needed) when I gave up for the night. Seemed like a cleaner way to do it.

Every little bit helps... we can't pour through every post (nor do we wish to). Don't stress over it though... if you don't find it, someone else will, and hopefully will let us know.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Every little bit helps... we can't pour through every post (nor do we wish to). Don't stress over it though... if you don't find it, someone else will, and hopefully will let us know.

It's pretty easy to root out. There isn't much going on this time of night. I just keep a 'members list' tab open on the side that's sorted by join date. Hit refresh every now and then. Sometimes they can be spotted even before they post. It's also about the only way to find the bio spammers.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Just a suggestion-

1- Find some spammers using AngryRoosters method and post a report here.
    2- Report your post.
    3- Mod reviews and whacks spammers.
    4- Mod updates post to indicate spammers whacked.

Seems pretty efficient to me. Sound okay?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just a suggestion-

1- Find some spammers using AngryRoosters method and post a report here.
    2- Report your post.
    3- Mod reviews and whacks spammers.
    4- Mod updates post to indicate spammers whacked.

Seems pretty efficient to me. Sound okay?

Kind of what I as doing tonight. All 5 so far tonight had actually posted something that could be reported. I reported them as I saw them and put them in my post above. Robby smacked them down quick tonight. Usually this time of night we don't have any adult supervision. As I saw them fall I added the SHOOTER tag behind them so when Robby went off for the night whoever got the reported post in the morning would have an update.

So far no bio spammers tonight. Those seem to be a little less common.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I realize this will probably be an unpopular suggestion, but have the admins considered adding Captcha (using images that require keyboard input to describe them) in order to thwart these damn spammers?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I realize this will probably be an unpopular suggestion, but have the admins considered adding Captcha (using images that require keyboard input to describe them) in order to thwart these damn spammers?

We've done email verification sometimes. And we turn that on and off depending on the amount of spam. We turn it back off though because a lot of new members seem to have issues with the email itself. Either they don't look at it and delete it, or it goes to spam, etc. and then they can't get registered properly.

Top Bottom