The nightly spam, what will it be tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Seems they are rolling in early tonight..

The top link above was from earlier in the day. I think the others came up about the normal time. I'm actually late tonight getting a list started. Been a busy day today, more so tomorrow, and after the effort put into the 50 post thread trying to save someone who was clearly playing with us I'm not really feeling up to the general forums today. I did my best to stay out of them, but I watched quite a bit. I kind of feel like a cat that's been petted backward for a while then kicked.

Probably gonna get my hate on for the spammers this next week pretty good though. May even do a little :mullet: work on the spammers just to make me feel better. I'm sure there is a hole someplace I can exploit.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So . . . do the spammers do this just to annoy people because they can, or is there some potential monetary benefit for them? It's hard for me to believe that a significant number of people actually respond to the kind of crap they put here on INGO and other places. Are people naive (stupid) enough to actually click on their links and buy things (assuming anything really is for sale)?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    So . . . do the spammers do this just to annoy people because they can, or is there some potential monetary benefit for them? It's hard for me to believe that a significant number of people actually respond to the kind of crap they put here on INGO and other places. Are people naive (stupid) enough to actually click on their links and buy things (assuming anything really is for sale)?

They are paid per click as well as if someone actually buys something. Some of the sites try to install malware when you visit as well. Blanket as much as the web as you can and there are bound to be those who visit. Look at the links they posts, quite a few of them have the word "scam" right in the link at the end of it. Personally I'd like to stomp their parts into a fine paste so they can't make little spammers in the future.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Obama was elected TWICE, so yes people are that naive, or stupid!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009