• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    In Netanyahu's land Iran has been a couple of years from the bomb for over 20 years. By now, if he were ever right, they should have an atomic arsenal to rival Israel's. Even his own intel people say he's wrong. When will the tools in congress ever look to reason?

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/...y-netanyahu-crying-wolf-iranian-nuclear-bomb/
    Lest you forget all the measures that have been continually taken to prevent this. I'm not sure how you forgot those in this post since you bring them up so frequently elsewhere.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The russians were a few years from the bomb, then......

The french were a few years......

What took the Manhatten Project in the 40s, is easier to do with modern equipment.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It is possible that a violation of the Logan Act was committed. The legislative branch has no authority in international diplomacy.

Seems to me all they were doing is giving the Iranian government a "civics lesson" on the Separation of Powers in the US government. Quite unlike when the Democrats - Teddy Kennedy in particular - were advising Daniel Ortega to tone down his rhetoric to make it easier for the Dems to cut off funding for the Nicaraguan Contras in the 1980s.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Seems to me all they were doing is giving the Iranian government a "civics lesson" on the Separation of Powers in the US government. Quite unlike when the Democrats - Teddy Kennedy in particular - were advising Daniel Ortega to tone down his rhetoric to make it easier for the Dems to cut off funding for the Nicaraguan Contras in the 1980s.
    Stop exposing the hypocrisy of the left. It makes them irritable.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It is possible that a violation of the Logan Act was committed. The legislative branch has no authority in international diplomacy.

They vote on treaties.
    They can call witnesses to give testimony about said vote.

Sounds like they do have authority.

And let's not forget about all the "fact finding tours" both parties go on, and have been for decades.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In case you question who owns the media.

#1 trending topic:

B_vhKNHWQAAXtYY.png:large

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    To All,

I don't think my mind will ever change on this issue.

IF we can have nukes, THEN they can have nukes!
    IF we can have chemical weapons, THEN they can have chemical weapons!
    IF we can have X, THEN they can have X!

Our arrogance, hubris and ego gets in the way of really negotiating with people. In my thinking ALL governments that are recognized have equal rights, and the right to defend themselves with all of the firepower of any other nation on earth.

But that's just silly ole me...

Regards,

Doug

thats ridiculous. Why would you ever want anyone to have military technology comparable to your own?!?! This isn't about anything else. In the real world one would always want to have the upper hand in terms of weaponry. Rogue state or not. The fewer nations on earth that can compete with us in this realm the better. Let alone nutjobs. If it were possible I'd be in favor of preventing any other country from having aircraft, antiaircraft, rockets, tanks, etc etc etc.

Think of your own home as a microcosm. If you had a neighbor who has sworn to kill another family on your block and has called you the greatest evil known to man over and over again while demonstrating his willingness to send others out on errands to kill and maim... Would you want that guy to have an M-16 just because you have one? That's fair, right? It may be fair but it's ****ing stupid.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

It doesn't matter what was sent. They could have sent them baking recipes. If the intent was malicious against the executive branch, it could be a violation.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

So, treason is now being defined as reminding the President, the public, and (in this case) the Iranians about the US Constitution. :noway:

[The president] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The unwashed masses (and probably a couple of INGO unserious trolls) will agree with it. It's a harsh-sounding talking point now, and those that latch onto it will believe it. It's just identity politics to most people - One side vs the other side... the most infantile form of political discourse.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    So, treason is now being defined as reminding the President, the public, and the Iranians about the Constitution?

Treason is a serious accusation and this letter is not even close. I'm saying one could argue that it violates the Logan act. I personally don't know, it seems trivial but breaking the law is still breaking the law if that were the case.

Top Bottom