• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    So were they paint-by-numbers or just bought from a gas station parking lot? I'm astonished that the Smithsonian would accept these things that make such a mockery of the presidency, and of art in general.

Of course that could very well be Obama's purpose.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Joke portraits for a joke of a president and first husband.
    I'm honestly surprised there wasn't cheetah print and hundred dollar bills and a big ass in a thong in that wall of ivy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Joke portraits for a joke of a president and first husband.
    I'm honestly surprised there wasn't cheetah print and hundred dollar bills and a big ass in a thong in that wall of ivy

Maybe I'm being too harsh. A portrait of a former president pinching a loaf in a patch of marijuana COULD just be a reflection of his droll sense of humor.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Maybe they were painted late at night on a cloudy , moonless day. The one does look like him, but as alot of people have said, hers does not have very much resemblance. Their have been some funny meme's about em' hehe.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I couldn't decide if whether to put this in the Political Funny Pictures Thread

DV2UT-GXkAIBT2O.jpg:large

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...a-s-presidential-portrait-be-unveiled-n847111

When being edgy backfires, still being classless as always.

Here are all the past presidential portraits for reference. https://www.whitehousehistory.org/galleries/presidential-portraits

With a nod to Denny.... and to rain on this parade. There seems to be some confusion (I'm included), but are several portraits commissioned for a president. The "traditional" portrait, which is more "stately" as we expect, and others in which artists take artistic license. The ones were used to seeing apparently haven't been completed for Obama.

For example, this is a submission for George HW Bush
    30n920h.jpg

You can see more here:
    Presidential Portraits | National Portrait Gallery

That said, and based on my own ignorance of the custom. I retract my complete distaste for the portraits. I still think they're ugly, but there are plenty of ugly "portraits" commissioned for modern presidents. So this isn't so big a deal.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You guys are way too harsh. It certainly isn’t up there with Dogs Playing Poker, or a black velvet Elvis painting though....

Top Bottom