• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Be glad you’re not in the TVA area today. My brother said it was 0 at his place in TN today. 0 temps aren’t real common down there but they’re not unheard of either.

1671813979027.png

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Wind took down the neighbors flag pole, snapped it off right in the middle. I got the flag unclipped thawed and folded then shoved it into his mailbox. Woke up to the furnace struggling to get the house over 60° so I got some blankets over a couple windows and the doorway to the back room and we manage to hit 70°.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wind took down the neighbors flag pole, snapped it off right in the middle. I got the flag unclipped thawed and folded then shoved it into his mailbox. Woke up to the furnace struggling to get the house over 60° so I got some blankets over a couple windows and the doorway to the back room and we manage to hit 70°.

I broke out the propane heater and running it on low to help the heat pump (and my electric bill) out.
    Its at least taking breaks periodically now.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wondering when the blizzard will get here?

Got maybe a couple inches of snow. Gusty winds, especially overnight. It is darned cold (-8 *F this morning). Wood stove is roaring. Furnace kicks on now and then.

Chickens are NOT happy about getting locked in their coop. But, the inside temp is in the 20's, so they are fine.

Dog took a nap on the patio. Finally got him to come in with some treats. #NewfieLife

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    It got cold. It got windy. We got dusted with less than an inch of snow.

Another massive whiff by the weatherboys.
    They rely on those computer models and lack the real ability to dig into the data and make a forecast. Back in the 70s my grandfather only watched the weather from the Champaign news channel. That ol’ boy was usually spot on with storms. We would get the edge of the fronts within 15 minutes of his predictions. These people today are parrots.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We have our heat set at 67 daytime, 57 nighttime. Knock on wood, it is doing fine. As much as we like to look outside, we keep the shades pulled. It helps a lot. If I open a shade there is ice on the inside of the windows.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I loaded up the wood boiler this morning at 4:30 and just checked it’s doing good. Just checked on horses and one or two are staying outside for whatever reason.. gave them some more hay
    House is 70 but that mother *+=$&&*%%^*€~^#*<£~*~$@&@@@&&!!!!! Wind.

Last edited:

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    They rely on those computer models and lack the real ability to dig into the data and make a forecast. Back in the 70s my grandfather only watched the weather from the Champaign news channel. That ol’ boy was usually spot on with storms. We would get the edge of the fronts within 15 minutes of his predictions. These people today are parrots.
    Where's swoop McLain when you need him.

Last edited:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I worried about waking up to similar but we have the churchmouse system installed in 2018. Last night it told me to replace the filter, so I did. We've been truckin' along at 70° ever since.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Where's swoop McLain when you need him.
    Photograph of Bob Swoop McLain

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    We have our heat set at 67 daytime, 57 nighttime. Knock on wood, it is doing fine. As much as we like to look outside, we keep the shades pulled. It helps a lot. If I open a shade there is ice on the inside of the windows.
    OOOOh, BBBbbbrrr 1671822319575.png

Am I a bad person for keeping my house at 74?
    The limestone exterior holds temp very nice inside.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We have a tri-level. The lower level window facing the wind has ice on the inside. Just took took the dog out and got the mail. The wind is ridiculous. Looking at the extended forecast for next week. They are saying 50 next Friday. Who knows. Stay safe everyone!

Top Bottom