• ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Here's why. Lake effect.

View attachment 244048
    Those poor schmucks. :laugh:

The radar looked like that all f**kin weekend.

South eastern St Joe Co, I'd guess we only got 3" or so.

Spent Friday afternoon sitting at the dining room table playing games with the boy kid and his girlfriend. Saw our mail lady get stuck about 1/4 mile south of us. My son was dying to play in the snow with his Subaru WRX and his new snow tires, so he went to rescue her. I watched for about 15 minutes before I suited up and drove the truck down to rescue him.

Our neighbor to south has a blueberry farm. There has never been a drift across the road there but last year he ripped out all the berry bushes along the road because of some root fungus. Turns out those bushes were a helluva snow fence. There was about a hundred yards of 2-3' deep snow across the road.

That drift was not the nice fluffy kind. It was packed hard and the kid's Subbie road up on top of it. I couldn't find a suitable place to hook a chain to it so I managed to get it out by driving it like a rental.

We sat there all evening watching car after car get stuck. Every one that went in, I'd set a 30 minute timer. If nobody came along and helped them, I'd go down and pull them out. Only had to do that once.

I did leave a county cop in an SUV sit down there for a long time. I figured he could call the county and maybe they'd plow it out. He ended up shoveling himself out.

Next morning when a plow truck finally came, there were 3 abandoned cars stuck in the road and he just turned around. It afternoon before they finally cleaned it up.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Those poor schmucks. :laugh:

The radar looked like that all f**kin weekend.

South eastern St Joe Co, I'd guess we only got 3" or so.

Spent Friday afternoon sitting at the dining room table playing games with the boy kid and his girlfriend. Saw our mail lady get stuck about 1/4 mile south of us. My son was dying to play in the snow with his Subaru WRX and his new snow tires, so he went to rescue her. I watched for about 15 minutes before I suited up and drove the truck down to rescue him.

Our neighbor to south has a blueberry farm. There has never been a drift across the road there but last year he ripped out all the berry bushes along the road because of some root fungus. Turns out those bushes were a helluva snow fence. There was about a hundred yards of 2-3' deep snow across the road.

That drift was not the nice fluffy kind. It was packed hard and the kid's Subbie road up on top of it. I couldn't find a suitable place to hook a chain to it so I managed to get it out by driving it like a rental.

We sat there all evening watching car after car get stuck. Every one that went in, I'd set a 30 minute timer. If nobody came along and helped them, I'd go down and pull them out. Only had to do that once.

I did leave a county cop in an SUV sit down there for a long time. I figured he could call the county and maybe they'd plow it out. He ended up shoveling himself out.

Next morning when a plow truck finally came, there were 3 abandoned cars stuck in the road and he just turned around. It afternoon before they finally cleaned it up.
    our road drifts so bad both to the north and south of our house. 2" of snow will make a 1-2' drift. 4" closes the road and more than that requires a v-plow to punch through.

This was from a few years ago:
    1672152740405.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Never let a good crisis go to waste. From what I hear/see, they are looting the **** out of Buffalo.

Trying to shame people with no shame. New governor whining about price gouging and her lockdown orders not followed.

Contrast Hochul with DeSantis, after a hurricane...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom