• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Naw, we just have a poorly insulated home in one section and need to be as frugal as we can.

So we keep the house hot in the summer and cool in the winter.

We are used to 67 now and 57 is fine for sleeping.
    I could do that but DoggyMama's arthritis and fibromyalgia make her miserable when it's that cool.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Friend in Franklin, TN woke up to frozen pipes. He is from Fort Wayne and is planning on driving up tonight. I told him that he might want to wait until tomorrow afternoon when the wind dies down.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Snow not bad, wind and temps are tho. Went in to take a shower and no hot water. My tankless gas water heater was barking an error code 90.

Looked it up, then put on all my warm clothes and went out to the exhaust pipe. I had installed a cover on it this summer to keep rodents out. Well, it froze shut. Popped it off and all is working again as it should.

My happy moment was not getting any calls about frozen water from tenants or family. Instead I took the day off and did some honey-do stuff around the house.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I decided to get up and go in to work for a few hours before our company party today. The roads really weren’t that bad, and traffic was almost non existent. By the time I left work around 11:30, roads were much better, only a few turning lanes with some built up snow. Wind was crazy.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    They're closing some roads in St. Joe county due to drifting snow.

I'm on vacation so I'm glad I'm not working. The trucks are running some local stuff though. SW Michigan is getting pounded. I94 is pretty much closed.

1000001607.png

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Got out this morning for groceries and some last minute gifts, roads were coated but easily passable, just really cold, more than a few minutes out and bare skin was aching!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    High of -2, low of -3. I was outside for a VERY short while around 5p. I ain't been that cold in a while. We're showing -24 wind chill now, it was -35 this AM.

I remember the Sunday morning January 1982, -61 wind chill. Don't want to feel that again.

1671845622922.png

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was good all day. Only two iffy moments were the trip out the back deck and down 6' of stairs to get the propane heater, and then the 2nd trip to take the lock back out that was too gummed up with ice to close. (I had to literally hang on it to open the shackle) There were icecicles coming out of the weep holes on the bottom. :):

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Weather weasels are just as easy as politicians to pick on. A young lady was showing 1' drifts at someone's deck steps and pointed to a hot tub stating, "They won't be using their pool today". Idiots!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Moron driver of the day. Compact car pulls out in front of the guy in front of me. We are in the right hand lane. Person is doing 25 in a 50 on State Road 67. I assume they’re getting over so they can turn left at the next intersection and they do get over. But they don’t get into the turn lane.

They continue driving 25 and those of us in the other lane accelerate past them.

I get past and see that all of the windows are fogged up, the front windshield is completely iced over and opaque, the wipers are sprung up so that they didn’t freeze down and they are rotating back-and-forth doing nothing.

So this idiot is doing 25 in a 50, and they can’t see where they’re going. Genius

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Moron driver of the day. Compact car pulls out in front of the guy in front of me. We are in the right hand lane. Person is doing 25 in a 50 on State Road 67. I assume they’re getting over so they can turn left at the next intersection and they do get over. But they don’t get into the turn lane.

They continue driving 25 and those of us in the other lane accelerate past them.

I get past and see that all of the windows are fogged up, the front windshield is completely iced over and opaque, the wipers are sprung up so that they didn’t freeze down and they are rotating back-and-forth doing nothing.

So this idiot is doing 25 in a 50, and they can’t see where they’re going. Genius
    Doing 50 in a 50 on 67 is almost a deathwish!

Top Bottom