• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Thee use of sealant or not can be hotly debated. Lately I've become a YUGE fan of the permatex Ultra sealant. It's about 13 bucks I believe for a caulking gun sized tube but this stuff has taken everything I've thrown at it! The secret though is patience, give it plenty of time to cure before putting a load on it and your leaks are a thing of the past. It does make disassembly tough because it seals so well so don't use it where you'll be tearing into something on a regular basis.

I've used it on the galaxie valve covers and honestly with a little discipline I don't even think k you'd need gaskets!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thee use of sealant or not can be hotly debated. Lately I've become a YUGE fan of the permatex Ultra sealant. It's about 13 bucks I believe for a caulking gun sized tube but this stuff has taken everything I've thrown at it! The secret though is patience, give it plenty of time to cure before putting a load on it and your leaks are a thing of the past. It does make disassembly tough because it seals so well so don't use it where you'll be tearing into something on a regular basis.

I've used it on the galaxie valve covers and honestly with a little discipline I don't even think k you'd need gaskets!

I have been told of this product. I am a firm believer/user of permatex. Properly applied it is the end-all for leaks.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Mines back on the road. New radiator, hoses, caliper, brake hoses and fluids. Runs great! Also adjusted the choke and idle. Doesn’t fall on its face cold anymore.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone have a e-mail address for Rusty Hornet or some other way of getting a hold of him? His inbox is full and I am trying to touch base with him. Thank you.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Send it again, sorry... been super busy...

Still saying inbox full. Thats ok, I will just paste it here.

I figured since we are in the same city and you work on old cars you may have a connection.

Last summer my 4spd was making some noise here and there. It was a tick sound, then when you pressed in the clutch it went away. To me it did not sound like a throw out bearing, but maybe it was. Anyway, the engine is just about ready to go in but I wanted to have someone take a peak inside and see if they see anything wrong before I hooked everything back up.

Do you have/know a guy you would trust to look at it? It is a 1969 Super Bee with a A-833 4spd. The transmission shifted like a dream and other than the noise here and there it has been perfect.

You can send any advice in a PM since my box is always empty.

Thank you for any help you may have.

Tim

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Anybody been in the dash of an x-body? Symptoms are pointing to a bad blower motor resistor. Fan only works on high. If I’m thinking correctly, it should be in the “ductwork” somewhere to keep air moving across it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Anybody been in the dash of an x-body? Symptoms are pointing to a bad blower motor resistor. Fan only works on high. If I’m thinking correctly, it should be in the “ductwork” somewhere to keep air moving across it.

Not sure what model an x body is. But on the majority of cars/trucks the blower resistor is very close to the blower motor

indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville

I did some research on the reseal of the valley pan....And you are right..Very touchy subject ..Not one I'm going to get in...lol:patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom