Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just a couple of pics of the preparation of the shop floor for the installation of the two post lift. This first one doesn't do a very good job of conveying the huge freakin' mess I made with the cut saw:

H4EDK2S.jpg

The foot deep hole with rebar in place:

wa58fbA.jpg

I made a pattern of the base of the lift so I would be sure that no rebar was in the way when it came time to drill the anchors:

rXAm2Cq.jpg

Weather permitting they'll pour on Tuesday. Weather permitting because the boss said "You know. . . .while they're doing that we could go ahead and have them add a sidewalk between the barns, a new patio with a fire pit, an apron in front of each of the barns AND a 12x20 pad in front of the drive in door on the shop!"

If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!:rockwoot:

There is so much more to installing these than most people realize.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    While dining Saturday night right off of us30 we seen 3 c4 vettes cruise by. Not a single third gen. In my opinion 3rd gens, especially Irocs are rare
    Car flipper in my neighborhood has a 87 (i think) IROC for sale with under 50k miles. Car is beautiful. Wants $15k for it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Is it just me or are we rapidly approaching LS burnout? With the ease nowadays of easily reaching 600 horse and beyond with one of these engines and them having been installed in pretty much everything it's becoming hard for me to look at one and appreciate it anymore. Hell I've even given consideration to putting one in my 63 galaxie simply due to my lack of "luck" with the fe platform and the aforementioned ease of making an LS work. If it weren't for the re-engineering required to the front suspension of my car due to the LS pan and my welded front cross member I'd have already sourced a suitable engine/transmission for the swap this winter.

Flame on!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Is it just me or are we rapidly approaching LS burnout? With the ease nowadays of easily reaching 600 horse and beyond with one of these engines and them having been installed in pretty much everything it's becoming hard for me to look at one and appreciate it anymore. Hell I've even given consideration to putting one in my 63 galaxie simply due to my lack of "luck" with the fe platform and the aforementioned ease of making an LS work. If it weren't for the re-engineering required to the front suspension of my car due to the LS pan and my welded front cross member I'd have already sourced a suitable engine/transmission for the swap this winter.

Flame on!

Burnout might be a little harsh. Horsepower is always gonna be cool, but the LS stuff has definitely lost the sparkle. It’s boring. Kinda like that other small block chevy that was around forever that everybody put in everything. It’s hard to argue with cheap easy power though.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That's going to take a special buyer.
    Yeah, he had a 98 ish TA also for the same price, ram air 6 speed... sexy. I think it had 40k on it. It's gone. I was tempted a little. I had a 94 that I bought in 95. Dude has some serious cars all the time. There's a cutlass in the garage he told me was a 100k restore. Oh, to have money... must be nice.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I'll agree on the burnout. On the plus side, I'm wanting something a little easy for my next build, and I think that makes the LS perfect for the project.
    Additionally, there's still something to be said about a junkyard engine making 500+ rwhp with nothing but a turbo. Granted, I think the car that it goes in becomes more important than the engine itself.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Burnout might be a little harsh. Horsepower is always gonna be cool, but the LS stuff has definitely lost the sparkle. It’s boring. Kinda like that other small block chevy that was around forever that everybody put in everything. It’s hard to argue with cheap easy power though.

Agree with the cheap easy horsepower;even the wife recognizes the lower cost of GM builds.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Agree with the cheap easy horsepower;even the wife recognizes the lower cost of GM builds.

Yep. No getting around it. The aftermarket support for GM stuff is at least twice what it is for anything else. And the fact that they kept it a pushrod engine for so long. Cheap and easy.

I gotta tell ya though. This little Honda is impressive. I’ve had a decent variety of sporty-ish cars, and this is the first one I’ve had that’s ever actually felt fast.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. No getting around it. The aftermarket support for GM stuff is at least twice what it is for anything else. And the fact that they kept it a pushrod engine for so long. Cheap and easy.

I gotta tell ya though. This little Honda is impressive. I’ve had a decent variety of sporty-ish cars, and this is the first one I’ve had that’s ever actually felt fast.
    It’s an illusion....:lmfao:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

S2000?

Conductor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2019
    ANDREWS
    Throwing these out there.

The first picture is my grandpa's 1964 Impala SS. I was lucky and blessed enough to inherit it in May. He was the original owner, so it's staying in the family for good. We managed to find pretty much every original sales and ownership document related to the car. 71,300 original miles, 327 with a powerglide.

The second car is my dad's 1967 Plymouth Satellite. It came as a pale yellow 318 car, now it has twin turbos on a 470. It's the screamer compliment to the Impala cruiser.

Attachments

• 20190622_184650.jpg
      20190622_184650.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 16
    • 20190622_184625.jpg
      20190622_184625.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 17
    • FB_IMG_1432771635852.jpg
      FB_IMG_1432771635852.jpg
      94.6 KB · Views: 16
    • FB_IMG_1436999678276.jpg
      FB_IMG_1436999678276.jpg