• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I finally buttoned up the hydroboost installation and the difference is YUGE!! Played around with the prop valve and never did get the rears to lock up but I'm going to step away from fine tuning until I get the front end aligned, don't want to ruin the front tires. Now I just need to find an alignment shop that knows how to do an alignment without placing their equipment on the back tires since you can't get to the top of the wheel under the fender opening.

It sure is nice to be able to stop without grabbing the steering wheel and pulling back as hard as I can while standing on the pedal!:rockwoot:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And............if I know I have a buffer I will find a way to stretch it...:):

Yeah I know that feeling. Keeping in mind every brand has many material options. When we were building our engine we wanted to do what we could to error on the side of caution. So basically we ended up going with rods designed for Top Fuel/Funny Car. Since even with the spray on we won't have near as much cylinder pressure as their superchargers push and they will hold up to the 8k rpm without trouble. Sure it costs a little more upfront, but we were putting all our eggs in one basket. So it had to live or we would be spectators for awhile.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I finally buttoned up the hydroboost installation and the difference is YUGE!! Played around with the prop valve and never did get the rears to lock up but I'm going to step away from fine tuning until I get the front end aligned, don't want to ruin the front tires. Now I just need to find an alignment shop that knows how to do an alignment without placing their equipment on the back tires since you can't get to the top of the wheel under the fender opening.

It sure is nice to be able to stop without grabbing the steering wheel and pulling back as hard as I can while standing on the pedal!:rockwoot:

Is the track width the same front & rear?
    Sounds like you need an old school alignment man that knows how to do a string alignment.
    If the rear is square in the car, you should be able to string it so it won't dog track. Then it should be just a matter of setting caster/camber and toe. Unfortunately I never found a shop that could do a laser alignment for our car because of the rear wheels being tucked into the fender. So we did the old string deal and used a caster camber guage and set of toe plates with tape measures to set up our front end.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Is anyone planning on going to PRI in a month?
    I need to finish submitting my "business card" for my new race team. I'd put air quotes around race team, but it's technically legit now lol
    It would be nice to meet a few of you in person at the show.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I need to finish submitting my "business card" for my new race team. I'd put air quotes around race team, but it's technically legit now lol

Unless something unforeseen comes up I plan to be there. I usually go on Friday since it works best for the rest of my team

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Is the track width the same front & rear?
    Sounds like you need an old school alignment man that knows how to do a string alignment.
    If the rear is square in the car, you should be able to string it so it won't dog track. Then it should be just a matter of setting caster/camber and toe. Unfortunately I never found a shop that could do a laser alignment for our car because of the rear wheels being tucked into the fender. So we did the old string deal and used a caster camber gauge and set of toe plates with tape measures to set up our front end.

I don't think it's the same front/rear, the tires are all way beyond factory original and the rears are as wide as I could get under the rear fenders with the wheels I purchased. Setting the toe isn't a big deal as I've done it before many times but since the camber is so far out it'll need a real alignment anyway so I'll let them do it all. There's a guy in Martinsville about 15 minutes from the house that advertises a restoration shop that also does alignments but he hasn't returned any calls or emails. I found another place in Anderson that makes similar claims so I'll call them tomorrow. Until then I'll keep looking online to see if I can find someone closer.

Like you I'm still waiting on my business cards to make it back from the printer!:laugh:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Like you I'm still waiting on my business cards to make it back from the printer!

I just whipped something up in my photo editor and called it good. Hopefully they'll agree.
    I don't have actual business cards yet lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom