• Status
    Not open for further replies.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My current ride is a 2003 Mercury Marauder. They brought the "Marauder" performance nameplate from the 60s back for 2 years in 03-04. Looks like a normal Crown Vic/Grand Marquis, with a few tweeks on the outside, but it handles much better, and has the same double overhead cam engine as the Mustang Cobra. I call it "the gentlemans's hot rod". I will be doing further handling and performance mods as funds allow, but it's pretty quick in stock form.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My current ride is a 2003 Mercury Marauder. They brought the "Marauder" performance nameplate from the 60s back for 2 years in 03-04. Looks like a normal Crown Vic/Grand Marquis, with a few tweeks on the outside, but it handles much better, and has the same double overhead cam engine as the Mustang Cobra. I call it "the gentlemans's hot rod". I will be doing further handling and performance mods as funds allow, but it's pretty quick in stock form.

Ford was smarter than GM with keeping a full size rear wheel drive platform.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    And now for the first vehicle I ever bought with my own money. Should have held onto this one. I never drove it as I was only 14 and sold it a year later to pay for an s10....

1972 VW Bus. Thing was badass. Had a cherry bomb on it and it sounded wicked. I paid all of $400 for it and sold it for triple that after only cleaning the moss off the roof and painting the bumpers... We never could get it to run right (primary reason it was sold)... Turned out to be a vacuum leak...... Did I mention we are body guys? :):

I miss this one..... :(

Backseat folded into a bed. :naughty:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And now for the first vehicle I ever bought with my own money. Should have held onto this one. I never drove it as I was only 14 and sold it a year later to pay for an s10....

1972 VW Bus. Thing was badass. Had a cherry bomb on it and it sounded wicked. I paid all of $400 for it and sold it for triple that after only cleaning the moss off the roof and painting the bumpers... We never could get it to run right (primary reason it was sold)... Turned out to be a vacuum leak...... Did I mention we are body guys? :):

I miss this one..... :(

Backseat folded into a bed. :naughty:

We used to haul some of our equipment (music) in an old VW bus.
    I kept it but was never really sure who owned it.
    It eventually laid down on us in Lafayette coming home from a gig up there. Not really sure what ever happened to it after that.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    That was March 2007.
    It's a 2001 that I picked up in 2003. It had 32K miles on it when I picked it up & now has 240K on it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Mecum auction is coming to Indy this month, bigger variety of old cars there than you'll see anywhere.
    Yeah. 236 of them in a car show to be precise. We're doing all the car show signs for them & IMS. I may have to take him to the show. I think I can swing tickets.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

IMO, FoMoCo really dropped the ball on what that car SHOULD'VE been. Way too low on HP and TQ to be any kind of "sporty car".

They certainly looked better than all the Grand Marquis and CV stablemates.

IMPD even owned a Maurader back then. Used to see it 2-3 times a week on my way to work.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ok so if you had 200 bucks to spend on speed parts, what would you get? No nitrous. I'm talking rear end gears, or a cam, or mufflers or something along those lines. I'm leaning towards gears. I don't need it to be a daily driver, it's just a beater truck that sometimes hauls whatever my wife has to have from the antique store. It's '99 GMC Sierra stepside that's got a 5.3 swapped into it. It already has long tube headers and not much of an exhaust after that. Sounds decent. Suggestions? Comments? Critiques?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    $200? Maybe a programmer?

I've heard those LS engines really wake up with a cam, injectors, and some programming to match. Tons of high-RPM horsepower in a light package.

If you want to be a bit on the crazy side, then they also make some sweet little turbo kits.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm not versed in the ways of these modern vehicles... $200 doesn't seem like much for some decent parts. I've always been told when wanting to make something quicker, "don't fear the gear". When you start adding power, then it becomes a domino affect, will the trans hold up? Driveline? You might be surprised what opening up the exhaust system might get you.

modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    imagejpeg
    bam-hot rod

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom