• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I saw the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale at Kroger a few days before reading this thread and was interested, but not enough to pay $13.49 for a 4-pack. Well after seeing Scutter's review, I was convinced. My wife and I each had one Friday night. While I'm not experienced enough to attempt to add any detail to Scutter's review, suffice it to say that I've found a new favorite beer. I am a big fan of bourbon and am getting into craft beer, so this was a welcome find for me.

On another note, the Brownsburg Kroger has recently changed their store layout and expanded their alcohol selection. They have quite a selection now, including a make-your-own-6-pack option.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I'll preface this with I think it's only available in the Harvest Varietals pack...
    Sam Adams Hazel Brown. I'm not a big fan of hazel nut anything but this beer surprised me and was quite good. Nice rich brown color much like a hazel nut, hints of caramel in the flavor with a very light sweetness. Something different and would be great sitting around an afternoon fire on a crisp fall day. 5.2% ABV and this is the first year for this Sam Adams seasonal.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Every sunday I like to enjoy a little treat for myself
    So here is a couple of weeks worth of treats :D

001-Copy-1.jpg

002-Copy-1.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

004-Copy-1.jpg

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Dirty Old Bastard 6.9%,2012
    A pinch hoppy but richer than a regular 6.9, harty

John Barley Corn 11%,2009
    Rules the wold ! I have a couple of 2006, that will be a good day :D

Stone IPA 6%,2011
    Good but the Stone IPA Ruination is better and more $

PEPE NERO 6.9%,2011
    If guinness made a lt beer I think it would be like this. The bottle says to let sit for 5 yrs to mature, I have one waiting for that day

Bellhaven 6%,?
    Not impressed, just gave me bad acid indigetion

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I love Stone IPA and yes Ruination takes the cake but it is in essence a double and if your not a hop monster then it can be a bit overpowering. I had a Stone 16 Year Anniversary IPA tonight, unbelievable. Probably the best IPA I have ever had. Just the right balance of everything and almost didn't seem IPA hoppy. It was almost creamy and just so smooth. It's limited production and locally I have only found it in bombers, maybe I'll pull a CA trip and see if I can find a 6, 12 or case to bring home.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    2012-09-07_19-24-56_635.jpg

Drifter Pale Ale 5.7% ABV
    Widmer Brothers Brewing (Portland, OR)

Price:

$8.99 for a 6-pack

Appearance:
    Darker than any normal pale ale, a pale/red hybrid of sorts...

Aroma:
    A citrus blend w/ hints of caramel

Taste:
    A good contrast of the things you smell. I can't think of an accurate comparison off the top of my head. I imagine this beer would appeal to a wide spectrum, great flavor with a middle of the road umph!

Letter Grade:

A :yesway:

daddydug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Angola
    I dont know if this beer is available in Indiana but me brother-in-law brings it to me from Germany n it is very good!! It is a non pastuerized beer that is very smooth.

velden.jpg

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Ill take a look for that
    Thanks

I love Stone IPA and yes Ruination takes the cake but it is in essence a double and if your not a hop monster then it can be a bit overpowering. I had a Stone 16 Year Anniversary IPA tonight, unbelievable. Probably the best IPA I have ever had. Just the right balance of everything and almost didn't seem IPA hoppy. It was almost creamy and just so smooth. It's limited production and locally I have only found it in bombers, maybe I'll pull a CA trip and see if I can find a 6, 12 or case to bring home.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If you're ever in Birmingham, Alabama try to stop at the Good People Brewing taproom. Was there Friday night. It was great. Kinda like drinking beer in your garage. No food, but you can bring your own.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I just finished a Southern Tier Pumpking, probably one of the best Pumpkin beers I have ever had, I had it with a Shafly, and a Punkin Ale By DFH and it blew both of them away. I still have Eylsian Great Pumpkin, Shipyard Pugsley, and an Avery Rumpkin to go for my yearly pumpin ales.

nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    If any of you are in the Bloomington area, a buddy of mine is opening a craft beer bar called "The Tap". 50 different craft beers on tap and live music. It is due to open October 27th

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    I was in Yakima, WA, this week for business, and had the Yakima Craft Brewing Company Twin Stags Scotch ale.

Twin Stag Scottish Ale - Yakima Craft Brewing Co. - Yakima, WA - BeerAdvocate

Really good stuff. Very silky smooth, like a Guinness, but with more flavor and a cleaner finish. A bit of a bitterness at the first sip, but that mellows out after the third pint. Or so it seemed. :D

Not at all a bad way to kill off excess liver cells.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Picked up a growler of Thr3e Wise Men Aguadolce Pale Ale.

Malty with a rather intense (for a pale ale) hop profile ( it is wet hopped so its to be expected). Thr3e wise men makes some really good beers.....

Sorry about the enormous picture, i didn't feel like cropping.......

3wm.jpg

Top Bottom