The official show your snow blower/plow thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Put the blower on the tractor about 2 weeks ago. Probably the earliest I've done it, usually I'm out there doing it so I can clean up the snow that fell the night before.

I usually put mine on around Thanksgiving. But my maple trees are stubbornly hanging onto leaves. Need to keep the deck on until they drop. They seem to be dropping one at a time. This is one tree's worth...:rolleyes:

cetoQZGh.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was going to remove leaves Saturday...all day rain kept those plans from going anywhere, so I cleaned my workshop/mechanical room...a job almost 2 years late...but eventually done. It was last cleaned really well before my son built his last 4-H woodworking project when he was a senior in high school. He's a sophomore in college now.

Anyhoo, yesterday I finally got the remainder of a tree-sized branch cut up, so now the leaves are all that is left...and I can't hang the plow until I get the leaves taken care of. Would love to use the Allis Chalmers for the leaves, but it's nice wide mower ejects grass out the back. I need to move the leaves to the side to clear the yard. Would also love to use it for snow, but I don't have a snow plow or chains (yet). I have a back blade, but I would prefer front for snow.

This year I will make due with my old faithful 20 year old, fine running, John Deere 325. It has cleared snow a foot deep from my 100+ yard long driveway and given patience, will clear our private road, but my neighbor has a plow truck.

View attachment 61027

Last edited:

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I finished building the plow mount for my new (to me) truck I picked up in Feb. I still need to do the wiring, mount the camera, mount the rest of my LED work lights. Run the wires for the battery for the rear plow. I'm sure I missed something. I hope it's nice this weekend.....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We had a snowblower brought over yesterday for hubby to work on. They tried to start it knowing it was going to snow today...wouldn't start or run. They put so much Stabil in the tank that the gas was like syrup. The carb was a sealed unit so he couldn't even try to clean it out to get it going. New carb ordered but won't get here for a few days.....

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You son of a....

Orange is 66 years old and that green thing is a mere 20.

And we see which color one you trust to start when it's cold outside.:stickpoke:

And I'm sorry. Poking fun at non-green tractors is so ingrained in my DNA, I just can't stop.:rolleyes:

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Ran into this so I thought I would share. My grandpa bought this new in 1950. My dad always claimed it was a Demonstrator. Maybe so. Runs like a champ. Mowed with it a few months ago. Probably should have taken the weights and chains off first. When he got older he just tied up the deck when it became winter time. Some of my earliest memories at the farm were riding in his lap mowing. He always had a Coors in one hand and a Camel in the other.

By the back left tire my daughter wrote, "I miss you Papa" in chalk on the driveway. When I saw it there was a long, tearful family hug.

2jcu3w0.jpg

Bringing her home. My dads neighbors are the best. The one across the road let me use his trailer.

rgwa4m.jpg

Top Bottom