• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Matzah and honey. Shelf life of 1,000 years. You can buy a case of Matzah after Passover for $10 and you will never go hungry.

Throw in some sealed oats and peanut butter and you can and infinite food supply.

Water is the bigger problem.

How much/many is in a case of matzah? I've never heard of it before. It just seems like an easy to make cracker from the quick snippet of reading I just did on it.:dunno:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Peanut Butter. Couple year shelf life, good fat/protein ratio and a jar stretchs pretty well if you need it to. Plus we eat enough around here to just rotate through use, just make sure the new one's hit the back of the line.

Same here, We always have PB.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Rice. A 50 lb bag is 20 bucks at GFS, and a foil bag, O2 absorbers and a 5 gallon bucket later, it's good indefinitely. A cup of rice is darn near enough for a days worth of food per person, substitute a can of chicken noodles for one of the cups of water, and it's DARN tasty too.

SNAGGLE TOOTH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Indy
    My vote is a a selection of freeze dried food from Mountain House in #10 cans. Shelf life of 30 years if kept cool and dry.... They have everything you could need or want, need no cooking (just add hot water) and taste great

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Peanut Butter. Couple year shelf life, good fat/protein ratio and a jar stretchs pretty well if you need it to. Plus we eat enough around here to just rotate through use, just make sure the new one's hit the back of the line.

House Rule: There is no excuse for being out of peanut butter, ever.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Y'all be nuts and stuff. If I have to pick JUST ONE, it has GOT to be COFFEE!!!!
    Otherwise life does not exist........................

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    BACON!

(Someone hadda say it eventually.)

Indeed.

IMGP8159.jpg

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I always keep corn around. I love the stuff. As far as the "other" stuff goes, Peanut Butter is always in stock here as well as a few pounds of coffee.

Quick and easy meals for me include making a box of chicken stuffing, and tossing in a can of chicken. 5 minute dinner with plenty of leftovers.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    You guys just.going to eat it.by.the spoon full? Heck you need some syrup or honey or canned jam or something stored away to mix in with it.

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You guys just.going to eat it.by.the spoon full? Heck you need some syrup or honey or canned jam or something stored away to mix in with it.

I'm not a picky eater at all. Of course I prefer a nice steak/lobster/crab leg dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse, but in a survival situation I'll eat the **** out of some peanut butter.... I do like a nice peanut butter and honey sandwich

Top Bottom