• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Seriously? Kids adapt better than adults. This is all from a first world mentality. Nobody here has probably faced real hunger. You will eat whatever you can.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You guys just.going to eat it.by.the spoon full? Heck you need some syrup or honey or canned jam or something stored away to mix in with it.

Blueberry/rhubarb.
    2013-08-08_22-40-00_903_zps8bcc7608.jpg

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    We have over 450 lbs of butchered Pork and 150 lbs of venison in the freezer right now...add 30 2 qt bags of off-the-cob sweet corn and another 25 of peaches and apples from our trees, a dozen or more qts of Apple and Plum Butter. And yes we have an generator to help keep the power on if we lose it for any reason. We stock canned soups, chili, and lots of rice related grain...rice-a-roni etc. Used to keep a sealed tin of dried milk...but stopped doing that. I do keep 25 lbs of Honey- local produced- We use a lot of Honey in cooking.

Going to add 500 lbs or so of butchered Bison after our Hunt this winter. That should last us a year or so. All of this is not a Prepper attitude, just stocking up the normal rotation of groceries. Lots of pwdered drinks to keep the emergency water supply tasty.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm a little surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Dinty Moore beef stew. It's got meat, veggies, calories & fat. You can work all day and a can of that will fill you up.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Salt has got to be a top one too...can preserve meats....and if sHTF in a big way and we are all eating worms and crickets then salt will be worth more than gold!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Pinto beans in #10 from LDS. Lots of them. I have spices and such to add and tomato powder on hand. I have been working on mastering the cooking process with a pressure cooker. I can add just about anything else I have or find to make a good meal. This week I will be canning some bacon to use for seasoning them too.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    Yep. Definitely one of the peanut butter crowd. And its purely a comfort food for me. No idea on the actual shelf life as a jar rarely lasts 6 months in my house unopened. And about 5 weeks opened. Has to be Jif though. Although if I absolutely have to get another brand I keep some molassas tucked away to flavor it the way I like.

I like the idea of buying matzah after passover that someone mentioned. I keep pilot bread on hand but I always have to special order it. I believe matzah could fill that niche. Will have to check it out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. Definitely one of the peanut butter crowd. And its purely a comfort food for me. No idea on the actual shelf life as a jar rarely lasts 6 months in my house unopened. And about 5 weeks opened. Has to be Jif though. Although if I absolutely have to get another brand I keep some molassas tucked away to flavor it the way I like.

I like the idea of buying matzah after passover that someone mentioned. I keep pilot bread on hand but I always have to special order it. I believe matzah could fill that niche. Will have to check it out.

Yup....crunchy style.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Choosy preppers choose Jif. Definitely my favorite PB.

The natural peanut butter separates when it gets old and the oil floats on top but you can just stir it back in and it is good to go.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Skippy Natural for me. The icing on the cake is the reusable clear container.

Anyone use a method of tracking when specific brands are on sale?

Top Bottom