• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So is there a procedure you are supposed to follow for the retirement process?
    There are suggestions and ceremonies online.
    Or, just be solemn and respectful.

Our Legion Post dismantles the first flag.
    Separate the stripes and blue field.
    Each step has a little thing we read, then place the item into the fire.
    After the first flag, we just feed the entire flag.
    Some places feed it in folded.
    But we find it goes faster to feed it unfolded.
    We have a grate over fire, so the flag doesn't actually go on the ground.

Don't put too many on at once, or you choke off the fire.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    There are suggestions and ceremonies online.
    Or, just be solemn and respectful.

Our Legion Post dismantles the first flag.
    Separate the stripes and blue field.
    Each step has a little thing we read, then place the item into the fire.
    After the first flag, we just feed the entire flag.
    Some places feed it in folded.
    But we find it goes faster to feed it unfolded.
    We have a grate over fire, so the flag doesn't actually go on the ground.

Don't put too many on at once, or you choke off the fire.
    I’ve saved a few from the landfill, and I’ve got a couple myself that need to be retired. This is good info thank you act!

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    As the nation celebrates Independence Day, Please take a moment to remember exactly what it is we are celebrating.
    This isn't just "July 4th" a date on a calendar...
    It's "Independence Day". This is the day that 246 years ago, our very nation was first created.
    We, as a people, stood up, and declared ourselves to be an independent nation, separate from the king who had ruled over us.
    Of course, many had to fight, and die to secure us that freedom, and that has been the case ever since that day, for our freedom,
    though God given, comes at a high price, when evil men try to take it from us.
    This will always be the case.
    Enjoy the day, enjoy the freedom, but remember, and honor the cost of what you have, and be grateful.

jefferson-drafts-declaration-hero-2.jpg

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    As the nation celebrates Independence Day, Please take a moment to remember exactly what it is we are celebrating.
    This isn't just "July 4th" a date on a calendar...
    It's "Independence Day". This is the day that 246 years ago, our very nation was first created.
    We, as a people, stood up, and declared ourselves to be an independent nation, separate from the king who had ruled over us.
    Of course, many had to fight, and die to secure us that freedom, and that has been the case ever since that day, for our freedom,
    though God given, comes at a high price, when evil men try to take it from us.
    This will always be the case.
    Enjoy the day, enjoy the freedom, but remember, and honor the cost of what you have, and be grateful.

View attachment 209612
    I think I'll re-read the Declaration of Independence tonight. Seems fitting.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I sort of, did a "remember when" photo like this back in 1990. I had just graduated from the Drill Sgt academy at Ft Knox KY. While the other new Drills were busy congratulating each other, I walked over to Disney Barracks to see the exact bldg I went to basic in 9 years earlier. I snagged some pvt off his clean-up detail to take a photo of me in front of the bldg. After he gave me my camera back he was nosey enough to ask why this bldg was so important, so I told him...

"I went to basic here pvt, and today I just graduated from Drill Sgt school."

"Have you dropped anyone yet Drill Sgt?" he asked, handing me back my camera.

"Nope." I said "Now drop, and give me 20."

Kid cracked a bit of a smile, but he dropped and cranked off 20 perfect, all the way down, break the plane, straight backed push-ups, in rapid succession without hesitation. "1 Drill Sgt... 2 Drill Sgt... 3 Drill Sgt..."

Just wish I could find the one of me as a pvt there in 1981... It has my Drill Sgt, and my dad in it as well, and I lost my dad last year.

Drill SGT.JPG

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    A couple of Warthogs flew over DeMotte yesterday on their way to or from a celebration I assume. Not quite that low.

Top Bottom