• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    First up, I picked this up from AllenM a bit back after having him cut the barrel down 5 3/4" and threaded. The work is, not surprisingly, fantastic! He cut the thread protector down from a larger one and machined the cross hatch into it.

czTPWj3.jpg

CF8c78M.jpg

That's a beauty.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I like it. I wish the wood stock was a bit more dense like the tacsol. I liked it more than the precision rimfire just preference

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Understandable. It felt like they used a fairly light laminate when we were handling them.

I had higher expectations for the stock. I ordered this online so I didn't get my hands on it prior to purchasing. the stock looked similar enough to the tacsol that I thought they may be the same base material, but that is not the case. I have handled the precision rimfire and found it way to heavy, people seem to be getting the same results out of the target model with less weight just didn't expect it to be quite as light as it is. It preforms great with the vortex viper 2.5-10 on it, it just feels kind of cheap when going back and forth between the tacsol and the ruger. I may add some tungsten to the stock in an attempt to balance it out, it does seem nose heavy.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Even my American Talo was nose heavy. That was a big part of the reason I had Allen take it down to legal limits and not just thread it. Nose heavy seems to be a RAR trait for some reason. Make me curious to hold one of the plastic ones next I’m at the shop, see if it is that way as well.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Finally made it to range. 50 yards w a couple types of ammo. Had only 20 rounds down the GM bbl before testing. Was 1.5" groups, no real trend observed.
    At about the 120 round count groups tightened a bit. Figure burn some junk through it for another hundred, clean and foul a few, test again.

U4MZ9Wm.jpg

Best one for the day, even w the breeze....tolerable I guess. Ran HV stuff, no standard V or match ammo yet. Will be hunting rig (without bipod of course).

Sn187hQ.jpg

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    FWIW the range is Elwood Conservation Club.
    And the gun shot like crap at first, but appears to be getting "broke in".
    I'll be happy with eventually getting five shots at .5" at 50 yards w reg HV ammo.
    Hopefully it does, and I don't have to drop to standard V or match ammo.

'95 Ruger action
    Green Mountain heavy taper 19" bbl
    Victor Titan stock
    Volq hammer
    Burris Signature Zee rings (med)
    Leupold VX 2 4-12X

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Got the American out tonight. It's a shooter. It liked the cheap federal champion more than the slower gold medal.

U3vWOyy.jpg

Best group of three I may have ever shot in my life. 20yds 1 hole

nYEPihF.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That’s awesome Ggreen!! Congrats! It feels great when you make that best ever group. I got my T-bolt to do a .334” group @ 25yards a few weeks back. I’m still ecstatic about that group.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    KIDD 18" Match Barrel
    Bell & Carlson Target/Varmint Stock - black
    VQ Target Hammer, Shims & Bushings
    VQ Target Rifle trigger with set stop
    VQ Edge Extractor
    Tactical Solutions V-Block Barrel Retainer
    Tactical Solutions Extended Mag Release
    Power Custom Recoil Buffer
    Power Custom Weaver Style Scope Mount
    Mueller 4.5-14x40 AO APV Scope
    Burris Zee Rings medium height

2a4XFgN.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good to hear! May go that route on the Savage I’ve got. I intended to start building that rifle up this month but I came across a TacSol that just screamed to go home with me yesterday at a price that was hard to say no to. Pictures will be shared once they are uploaded to Imgur.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Selling my HK 416D 22LR plus the difference as my (early) birthday gift from my loving wife, brought this home Saturday from The Outdoorsman Shop in Greenwood. One of these days I'll learn to stay out of there, but as always a fair price was given and a positive experience was had. This TacSol has their receiver, barrel, extended mag release & trigger group all in an anodized forest green. The stock is a Mapgul Hunter in FDE. The pictures really don't do the colors justice. I stole the Leupold Vx-1 scope off of my T-Bolt until I can decide what optic I want on this.

mHJo4iW.jpg

lZyiqoa.jpg

A month or two back, my wife picked traded in one of her pistols (they gave us what we paid for it originally) for this CZ455. Gorgeous laminate Boyds stock and either a 18" or 20" fluted barrel. I was on the fence about the Vortex Crossfire II optic I had, but she liked it the most so on to her rifle it went.

ReL1z3x.jpg

UfnJffv.jpg

Top Bottom