Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The thing that makes memes effective is when they mock something that’s real enough to make a valid point. Sometimes we confuse the mocking as the important part as if the true part doesn’t matter. There still has to be the valid part as well, though, otherwise it’s not really more than ridicule.

Maybe it’s odd to see someone fact-checking sarcasm, but if the sarcasm isn’t underlaid with something true then it’s not real enough to make a valid point. I think it’s fair to criticize memes that don’t make the point they’re purported to make. But OMG, the hell to pay if you deprive a side of its righteous indignation of its just ridicule. Maybe ridiculing the other side is sufficient enough to justify any meme. If that’s the case though, at least admit it and stop telling yourself there’s a valid underlying truth.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, the bike lock guy was a professor and the BAMN woman was a school teacher. Aside from those two I have not seen any others not seen any other's occupations mentioned.

Oh, I think moldy locks was a bartender, but I am not sure.

I posted that meme w/o fact checking it. Obviously it was not this year. I am not sure if it is Portland or not. I am not sure who fact checked the people in it and do not trust snopes or other leftist fact checkers to actually print facts.
    Wait, you don't trust any published fact checker, but you trust an anonymous meme floating around the internets?

This should be a lesson to everyone. No posting of memes unless you can verify the accuracy of every bit of information in said meme. Consider this your in thread warning.

This is the new INGO.

Get real, it took less time to check the veracity than it did to post.

This is "The Sad But True Pictures Thread", ergo they should have the at least a modicum of truth. And as IN gun owners, I'd think we'd like to take a little more care about what we parrot. Or, do facts not matter, so long as the meme aligns with our agenda?

Perhaps someone should create a "Dubious Memes" thread, post all this stuff there, and Hough and I will promise not to carp about it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And ironically, you didn't post a picture.

giphy.gif

Does that count as a picture?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Both sad and true that you wouldn't have a chance with her, but if perchance you did, she would stab you in your sleep.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    [video=youtube;klF4O5NH1gA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klF4O5NH1gA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1b 2N3dM_oypvtr7yEUlmR9Ej8JGRUH1brNxVEppgJDdxPoJazEQC ZxLvg[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom