• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    If our culture is to lie and mislead to get our way, it’s not worth saving.

I've never been in the military, but I'm sure you've heard from those who have seen combat that they've seen or had to do things that the don't want to share. Sometimes men have to do things they aren't happy about to protect who and what are valuable to them. I'm sorry you don't think our nation and culture are worth saving.

You can’t play by their rules. You don’t have the press for it.

Can't rep you again. That is a huge advantage. It is also why Trump drives the left insane. He has a megaphone that can go largely around the MSM, plays by the left's rules and gives it back to them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've never been in the military, but I'm sure you've heard from those who have seen combat that they've seen or had to do things that the don't want to share. Sometimes men have to do things they aren't happy about to protect who and what are valuable to them. I'm sorry you don't think our nation and culture are worth saving.

Can't rep you again. That is a huge advantage. It is also why Trump drives the left insane. He has a megaphone that can go largely around the MSM, plays by the left's rules and gives it back to them.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Phase2 again.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Dude, are you really saying that about Mr. Hough?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The left is bad enough. There's no need to create lies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Phase2 again.

That's okay. JettaKnight gave me neg rep to make up for it. :):

Dude, are you really saying that about Mr. Hough?

The left is bad enough. There's no need to create lies.

Not a single word was a lie. Mr. Hough doesn't want to get his hands dirty. I understand that. I also understand tearing down those who have to do the dirty work. We are seeing it in how police are treated in progressive cities around the country right now.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If our way is better or right, that is basis upon which we "fight" the culture war.

BTW, it is not actual war where it is kill or be killed. It's just not, no matter what the breathless pundits claim. I am not a combat veteran, but an infantryman and in my time of service I learned a little about actual war.

A society that requires lies and propaganda and cannot convince people with actual merits is what it sounds like YOU think we have. Sounds like YOU do not believe in the "American way". If you did, you would believe in the rightness of our position and "fight" on that basis.

I believe we can do better.

I honestly find it hard to believe that any person on the conservative end of the spectrum thinks that communist style lies and propaganda are the best thing for the country.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We are talking about memes here. I couldn't care less if a meme of AOC was created and it was factually incorrect. I do not think conservatives must always fact check their memes before passing them along. If they convey a message that resonates, it's a meme.

Conservatives are always eating their own...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's okay. JettaKnight gave me neg rep to make up for it. :):

Not a single word was a lie. Mr. Hough doesn't want to get his hands dirty. I understand that. I also understand tearing down those who have to do the dirty work. We are seeing it in how police are treated in progressive cities around the country right now.

Well, hold on. People can disagree on what to do about it. That doesn't mean that someone isn't willing to get their hands dirty when it comes down to it, or that someone who disagrees with you that we're at the stage where everyone must get their hands dirty to save the country, doesn't think our nation is worth saving. Surely you understand that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In one thread we're looking for truth and believable studies, another thread and we're calling democrats Nazis for their propaganda, and yet another thread we're condoning outright lies because it "conveys a message that resonates."

The Communists had some pretty good memes, they just happened to be in print form. The artwork is what resonates with me.

images

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We are talking about memes here. I couldn't care less if a meme of AOC was created and it was factually incorrect. I do not think conservatives must always fact check their memes before passing them along. If they convey a message that resonates, it's a meme.

Conservatives are always eating their own...

I guess conservatives don't have to be principled human beings. When I said that we can't play by their rules because we don't have the press for it, that's not saying that if we did have the press on our side that would win the day. The culture war is the battle for hearts and minds. We keep posting Walk Away stories. Well, do you understand why they're walking away? It's not because they like conservative principles better than liberal principles. They're still left. They don't like the tactics of extremists. Alright, so if we start using the tactics of extremists, not only is that going to backfire because we don't have the press on our side to make ****ting on people all sound reasonable, it's going to backfire because leftists might as well side with leftists if we're all just going to **** on each other anyway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In one thread we're looking for truth and believable studies, another thread and we're calling democrats Nazis for their propaganda, and yet another thread we're condoning outright lies because it "conveys a message that resonates."

The Communists had some pretty good memes, they just happened to be in print form. The artwork is what resonates with me.

images

I'm okay with calling Democrats Nazis for their propaganda. Kinda hard to do that with a straight face though if I also thought we should do it too. If there are two competing messages and they're both lies, I'm sitting that one out. That's NOT defending the America that is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess conservatives don't have to be principled human beings. When I said that we can't play by their rules because we don't have the press for it, that's not saying that if we did have the press on our side that would win the day. The culture war is the battle for hearts and minds. We keep posting Walk Away stories. Well, do you understand why they're walking away? It's not because they like conservative principles better than liberal principles. They're still left. They don't like the tactics of extremists. Alright, so if we start using the tactics of extremists, not only is that going to backfire because we don't have the press on our side to make ****ting on people all sound reasonable, it's going to backfire because leftists might as well side with leftists if we're all just going to **** on each other anyway.

It is funny how in a thread one can get dragged down the rabbit hole of his own doing. After this I plan to be out of this topic.

AOC is an idiot and says idiot things, that is generally well known. There was a meme of her that she apparently did not say. The meme fit current events and displayed her stupidity and a narrative others in her camp had said similar things.

That it is not factual and true but it does have resonance is because while it may not be true to her it fits the stereotype of her and her ilk...

I am not for lying and propaganda, but I often do take an expansive view of memes, not a literalistic view.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is funny how in a thread one can get dragged down the rabbit hole of his own doing. After this I plan to be out of this topic.

AOC is an idiot and says idiot things, that is generally well known. There was a meme of her that she apparently did not say. The meme fit current events and displayed her stupidity and a narrative others in her camp had said similar things.

That it is not factual and true but it does have resonance is because while it may not be true to her it fits the stereotype of her and her ilk...

I am not for lying and propaganda, but I often do take an expansive view of memes, not a literalistic view.
    Okay. I can accept that reasoning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom