• Choices, choices...

• Total voters

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    It is now upon me...the time to buy anew. It's always a bit difficult for me when I'm in this position. It feels like leaving a member of my family behind when I chose one particular make/model over another.

I've whittled my list down to 2 choices (subject to change of course :laugh:) So I'd like, nay, need your opinions on this matter. If choosing the 1911, it'd be my first so, that in itself is very tempting. I love the stainless and black look!

My budget is about $800-850. I also thought about getting some type of combat .357 mag as well....oh the choices. Perhaps some of you suggest I buy two firearms for the price of one, more bang for my buck? :dunno:

Traded up for my first 1911 today, so I'm in love naturally. I'll be purchasing another, and it'll be the model shown in the pic. I'll set up a thread tomorrow with pics showing off my new toy! :D

28qr9jb.jpg

2d28yvp.jpg

Last edited:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My latest obsession is a duo-tone CZ85 Combat.

Throw on some aftermarket grips for "teh hotness"

CZpics005.jpg

That said, I don't think you can go wrong with a Springfield 1911.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wow not a bad choice in the whole group. But gotta go with the Sig Sauer. Just something those Sigs. The CZs feel greet but I would rather go for a Browning Hi Power.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you don't already own a 1911, that is the way to go, IMO. You will never regret getting a 1911 before the Sig.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I disagree.... i think the sig is the way to go. 1911's are great guns, but its still an old design.

thats like saying get a macintosh before you get windows.

get the sig, in my opinion 1911's are "fun" guns. I have been rather dissapointed at the reliability of the new 1911's on the market today.

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was kinda in the same boat as you earlier this year. I opted for the Springfield. For the look, price, feel and the warranty (lifetime no questions asked). And I love mine even though it's not two tone.

Last edited:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    get the sig, in my opinion 1911's are "fun" guns. I have been rather dissapointed at the reliability of the new 1911's on the market today.

Really, reliability? I kind of agree with what you're saying though. I guess it depends on the intended use. I wouldn't use a full size 1911 for carry, but for a range gun or to just add to the collection, heck yeah!

Top Bottom