• Choices, choices...

• Total voters

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I wasn't suggesting a 1911 in another caliber, I was curious if you were open to other guns that aren't offered in .45.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    How do you guys feel about resale value on these two firearms? Would the Sig retain it's value better and for longer?

No comprendo. Resale? Huh?

Only halfway kidding. That only enters the equation if the gun is definitely or likely to be future fodder, and in that case there's no need to fret over the choice. You only spend time stressing over the choice of a permanent partner, and then you don't give a rodent's sphincter about this concept of 'resale'...

Having said all of that, the 1911 is the EASY winner. And if you happen upon another grand tomorrow, THEN you can get...

ANOTHER 1911. 1911 is ALWAYS the right choice. Or you could then sell/trade the 1911 and your newly found money for a BETTER 1911, and keep doing that until you have a stable full of Browns, Nighthawks, Wilsons, Volkmanns, etc.

To reiterate the obvious and most important point: 1911. There IS no substitute.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I was in a similar situation awhile ago. My choices were between a polymer pistol and a 1911. I chose the polymer first. I now own 3 1911's and the XDm is on the chopping block. The 1911's just feel better, have many more customization options, and are a blast to shoot.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    No comprendo. Resale? Huh?

Only halfway kidding. That only enters the equation if the gun is definitely or likely to be future fodder, and in that case there's no need to fret over the choice. You only spend time stressing over the choice of a permanent partner, and then you don't give a rodent's sphincter about this concept of 'resale'...

Having said all of that, the 1911 is the EASY winner. And if you happen upon another grand tomorrow, THEN you can get...

ANOTHER 1911. 1911 is ALWAYS the right choice. Or you could then sell/trade the 1911 and your newly found money for a BETTER 1911, and keep doing that until you have a stable full of Browns, Nighthawks, Wilsons, Volkmanns, etc.

To reiterate the obvious and most important point: 1911. There IS no substitute.

I was asking more or less about resale, in case a financial hardship comes along. I like your antics though :yesway:

Top Bottom