• ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Seriously people, the NHDSC has ruled on this.:rolleyes:

And yes, the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council is a real thing...

National Hot Dog and Sausage Council Announces Official Policy On ‘Hot Dog as Sandwich’ Controversy

Who are we to question their ruling?:dunno:

Limiting the hot dog’s significance by saying it’s ‘just a sandwich’ is like calling the Dalai Lama ‘just a guy’. Perhaps at one time its importance could be limited by forcing it into a larger sandwich category (no disrespect to Reubens and others), but that time has passed. We therefore choose to take a cue from a great performer and declare our namesake be a “hot dog formerly known as a sandwich.

It appears that at one time it was a sandwich.

It's a conspiracy! :runaway:

:tinfoil:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Have they ever made a hot dog using ground troll? Inquiring minds....
    "Hey guys, I put a troll in with the hot dog meat, tried it and it still tastes like a hot dog!"
    "Jim, don't do that! You don't even work here!"

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    "Hey guys, I put a troll in with the hot dog meat, tried it and it still tastes like a hot dog!"
    "Jim, don't do that! You don't even work here!"
    Anyone that hunts or used to, always wonders how that would taste...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Somebody, somewhere had to be the first to eat boiled hog rectum. There is likely a Brit involved in this somewhere

I have not even read this thread but happened to see this. I assume that the first guy to eat it, was the last guy in line at the buffet of the first whole boiled hog buffet, and he was really, really hungry.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Several years ago I worked at Fields Packing in Owensboro. I was assigned to assist electrical check out for a contractor installing a new fully automated hotdog line. During early production check out runs a young engineer was inspecting the rough cutting device and got his hand caught up in the rotating blades. His complete hand and most of his lower arm went through the process. After a brief shut down to assist the gentleman and clean up, production continued. His hand/arm were never recovered. I haven't ate a hotdog since. The story did have a happy ending I will tell the rest of the story if anyone wants to know more.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is that calamari you're eating reallllllllllly calamari?:dunno:

'Imitation Calamari'

As it turns out that calamari has a lot in common around here...

BlushingConstantFlea-size_restricted.gif

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Several years ago I worked at Fields Packing in Owensboro. I was assigned to assist electrical check out for a contractor installing a new fully automated hotdog line. During early production check out runs a young engineer was inspecting the rough cutting device and got his hand caught up in the rotating blades. His complete hand and most of his lower arm went through the process. After a brief shut down to assist the gentleman and clean up, production continued. His hand/arm were never recovered. I haven't ate a hotdog since. The story did have a happy ending I will tell the rest of the story if anyone wants to know more.

Sounds like a man of great taste.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area

It was his right hand/arm, but no worries he was left handed? :dunno:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It was his right hand/arm, but no worries he was left handed? :dunno:

I was his left but he was taken care of very well after a lengthy law suit. After it drug on for months in the courts they settled out of court for $5.99 a pound. That was way more that what hotdogs went for back then. :cool:

Top Bottom