• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    not a big truck but still a new to me truck....

dIk98KV.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    And looking at the combo, I'd bet he was over the gross of the equipment too. Even at 20k a trailer axle, 34k on the drives an 14k on the steers, that's only 148k. But I think those spreads are only 8', so that means 18k, not 20k.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yea super stupid !

B trains are restricted to major interstate routes 41,65,94,90,80, not secondary roads MI,IN,OH,PA,IL,KY only. This crap really PO me off they pull one coil for full price and FSC the rest for line haul rate. That company knew what they were doing that why they were off route with no DOT markings. The damage they do to bridges and roads is secondary to the risk to public safety.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "I've driven every kinda rig that's ever been made.
    Driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed.
    And if you give me... weed, whites and wine...
    And you show me a sign...
    I'll be willin'... to be movin'."

-- Lowell George

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yea super stupid !

B trains are restricted to major interstate routes 41,65,94,90,80, not secondary roads MI,IN,OH,PA,IL,KY only. This crap really PO me off they pull one coil for full price and FSC the rest for line haul rate. That company knew what they were doing that why they were off route with no DOT markings. The damage they do to bridges and roads is secondary to the risk to public safety.

I'll have to take a picture of the Indiana 24 hour overweight permit. It lists specifically the roads that are authorized to use.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've been watching this series by Bruce Wilson. I've always been fascinated with cabovers but also restoration. Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;ssUPdJsTv0A]https://youtu.be/ssUPdJsTv0A[/video]

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    That was cool.

He's well past this, having painted it and the frame, polished aluminum, replaced a BUNCH of parts, especially with the brakes, etc. He's getting into the engine in a pretty big way now. The engine looks to be in decent shape, so he's putting a new turbo, intake and exhaust system on it. Once he's ready to do the interior, he'll be bringing it to Indianapolis (he's in Florida) to a shop to give it an entirely new interior. I'm going to try and actually go see it when he does.

Pretty fun stuff. He puts up a new video nearly every day.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Still amazing. The truck sat for 22+ years. Give it fresh batteries, and a little starting fluid to get it going......just took off.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I've been watching this series by Bruce Wilson. I've always been fascinated with cabovers but also restoration. Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;ssUPdJsTv0A]https://youtu.be/ssUPdJsTv0A[/video]

If you’d ever driven one you would likely be a lot less fascinated!! Still a cool video. I question the state of diesel fuel being in a liquid, pumpable, explosive state after that long but I wasn’t there.

Drove cabover Ford 9000, Kenworth K100s, and Freightliners from 1979 to about 1987. No thanks. Had a brand new 1980 Kenworth Aerodyne headed northwest on first trip in January. Overheated on first big hill in a blizzard. Had to stop going uphill on slippery roads and jack the cab up to find a disconnected ground wire on the fan clutch. Dropped the TV out of the top bunk into the passenger windshield. Didn’t knock it out but just about.

Not been a fan since. On the old Freightshakers you had to make sure the clutch linkage arm was connected as the cab came down otherwise you jumped back in and your clutch pedal was laying on the floor.

I never drove a binder like in the video but sure it was all similar. I’ll keep my 579 Pete, tho I’m really a W900 guy.

This is me in January, 1980 at the Morehouse Farm a couple miles east of 6 & 15 near Milford, Indiana with a brand new Kenworth I bought at 21 years old.

Attachments

• 29A23140-D6EC-4837-89F5-DFBFE6F9FE6F.jpeg
      29A23140-D6EC-4837-89F5-DFBFE6F9FE6F.jpeg
      90.6 KB · Views: 18
    Last edited:

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Have had my CDL ~20 yr now. Don't drive OTR much, I test them, playing with big trucks in the sand trying to break them (kinda like when I was a kid in teh sandbox). I also help folks spec out trucks for whatever their vocation, from sewer sucker to heavy haul.

My FIL restores old trucks, has a 42 White, a 48 White and a mid 50's Mack.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If you’d ever driven one you would likely be a lot less fascinated!! Still a cool video. I question the state of diesel fuel being in a liquid, pumpable, explosive state after that long but I wasn’t there.

Drove cabover Ford 9000, Kenworth K100s, and Freightliners from 1979 to about 1987. No thanks. Had a brand new 1980 Kenworth Aerodyne headed northwest on first trip in January. Overheated on first big hill in a blizzard. Had to stop going uphill on slippery roads and jack the cab up to find a disconnected ground wire on the fan clutch. Dropped the TV out of the top bunk into the passenger windshield. Didn’t knock it out but just about.

Not been a fan since. On the old Freightshakers you had to make sure the clutch linkage arm was connected as the cab came down otherwise you jumped back in and your clutch pedal was laying on the floor.

I never drove a binder like in the video but sure it was all similar. I’ll keep my 579 Pete, tho I’m really a W900 guy.

This is me in January, 1980 at the Morehouse Farm a couple miles east of 6 & 15 near Milford, Indiana with a brand new Kenworth I bought at 21 years old.

I don't think I'd want to use one of these as a work truck. The new stuff is really good. But to have an old truck just for fun? Absolutely. Maybe pull a camper around. Truck shows etc.

Cool picture too!

Top Bottom