• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Wow Vert, I would have just JB welded up the holes and applied Talon grips to the frame letting it all cure, but the mag problem makes it unsafe (IMHO), so whatever you do to it, it probably cannot get worse.

Or could it?

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    After much thought and some good advice I am going to follow Burl's suggestion and not spend any money on this gun for now. In fact the goal is to use only materials that I have on hand and see what I can come up with. I can always go crazy later.........

and I already have a backup blaster for training classes. Looks like this:

FullSizeRender_zpsehbbex8l.jpg

Thanks for for reminding me that I need to spend money on software and not more gadgets.

That's a pretty snazzy backup. :D

I like the idea of turning 'Ol Stipple into a carry optics option.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

This is where I am leaning. Both my dad and my partner at work are into wood working and have benchtop scroll saws. It should be a straightforward conversion. Plus I have a G19 and G26 already. Not in any hurry, summer project.

As far as the mags dropping, they pop out easy enough just not by themselves. I have a couple of the 17 round Pmags sitting here and it is super easy to yank them out. If fact I can even do a cool untactical reload with my smurf hands. The grip is actually bent to the left a bit. Think Taurus curve. Only this beat up old Glock actually works.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This is where I am leaning. Both my dad and my partner at work are into wood working and have benchtop scroll saws. It should be a straightforward conversion. Plus I have a G19 and G26 already. Not in any hurry, summer project.

As far as the mags dropping, they pop out easy enough just not by themselves. I have a couple of the 17 round Pmags sitting here and it is super easy to yank them out. If fact I can even do a cool untactical reload with my smurf hands. The grip is actually bent to the left a bit. Think Taurus curve. Only this beat up old Glock actually works.

I wish I was into woodworking....

I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with the Glock!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I wish I was into woodworking....

I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with the Glock!

So I started in on the Glock. Another INGOer and I were looking at this thing this past weekend. The grip is warped a bit and I we are not sure simply cutting it to fit G26 mags would solve the problem. Although that would be cool and I might do it anyway.

IMG_0833_zpsy1jc0khd.jpg

There was a "wavy" feeling inside the grip so I took some 800 grit sandpaper to the inside of the grip. There is a dremel on my bench so away I went. I shaved down the finger grooves a bit but didn't remove them. Then I removed some material under the trigger guard. I added some tasteful notches in the magwell so I could pull out the magazines easily. While playing around I figured out the new Magpul magazines will pull out easier and will actually now fall out if partially loaded. Plus these magazines have a larger baseplate.

Sticking with my no mo money spent mantra. (Although I did pickup a G19 Pmag). I had a gen4 dot connector in the drawer. It was rough so I knocked off tool marks with 800 grit sandpaper. The trigger breaks at about 4.25 lb and the reset is nice and solid. I put the factory recoil spring back in on a Jager guide rod that I had in the drawer. I replace plastic sights with metal so I have extra plastic ones in the drawer. Left the sights alone because I have replacement parts if they break, but sharpied out the ridiculous Glock white U. The gun should now be a solid shooter.

The right side actually looks pretty good. So in a holster on the right side all is well.

IMG_0832_zpsw5ksrbyk.jpg

Edit: If any USPSA guys who shoot at South Central are looking for a cheap Glock to convert to Carry Optics let me know. I would sell this one for what I have in it. I just want a good home for unloved guns. I am like the humane society for firearms. You guys should see the old Mossberg 20 gauge I rescued.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So I started in on the Glock. Another INGOer and I were looking at this thing this past weekend. The grip is warped a bit and I we are not sure simply cutting it to fit G26 mags would solve the problem. Although that would be cool and I might do it anyway.

IMG_0833_zpsy1jc0khd.jpg

There was a "wavy" feeling inside the grip so I took some 800 grit sandpaper to the inside of the grip. There is a dremel on my bench so away I went. I shaved down the finger grooves a bit but didn't remove them. Then I removed some material under the trigger guard. I added some tasteful notches in the magwell so I could pull out the magazines easily. While playing around I figured out the new Magpul magazines will pull out easier and will actually now fall out if partially loaded. Plus these magazines have a larger baseplate.

Sticking with my no mo money spent mantra. (Although I did pickup a G19 Pmag). I had a gen4 dot connector in the drawer. It was rough so I knocked off tool marks with 800 grit sandpaper. The trigger breaks at about 4.25 lb and the reset is nice and solid. I put the factory recoil spring back in on a Jager guide rod that I had in the drawer. I replace plastic sights with metal so I have extra plastic ones in the drawer. Left the sights alone because I have replacement parts if they break, but sharpied out the ridiculous Glock white U. The gun should now be a solid shooter.

The right side actually looks pretty good. So in a holster on the right side all is well.

IMG_0832_zpsw5ksrbyk.jpg

Edit: If any USPSA guys who shoot at South Central are looking for a cheap Glock to convert to Carry Optics let me know. I would sell this one for what I have in it. I just want a good home for unloved guns. I am like the humane society for firearms. You guys should see the old Mossberg 20 gauge I rescued.
    Hell, just write Taurus on the slide, then you'll be fine!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hell, just write Taurus on the slide, then you'll be fine!

I would also have to put a freaking laser on it. All the cool new guns have a laser

edit: Better yet! I can sell it on armslist. Custom Glock with right handed carry conversion. Allows the gun to tuck tighter to your body for concealment. Upgraded European magazine retention feature for more positive tactical reloads.

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Here is an idea I have been toying with but have been hesitant to do just in case I screw it up:

I wanted to take one of my G19's and one of my ETS clear Glock magazines and, using precise measurements based upon the location of each bullet in the double stack magazine, drill small holes in left side of the grip (I am right handed) to function as small "windows" to see into the ammo in the mag in the gun. I think if I used small enough holes in the grip, it would not affect the strength or functionality of the gun. The holes would almost function just like the ammo counter windows in the back of factory glock mags.

I have looked all over the internets to see if anyone has done this and I cannot find anyone who has. Only think I found is this (below) but this guy cut one big hole (and covered it with plexi) instead of a few small holes.

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I would love to get some feedback from INGO on my idea from my last post. Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe I should start a new thread.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well OP, looks like you already got plenty of ideas from the previous posts, so I'll just say good luck. Some of the things people do to firearms is sad. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom