• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    LOL, I had no idea such a thing existed. I was looking for an image of the gun from "Alien" with the counter to post as a joke. Much to my surprise, they actually exist.

Consumer driven market. Gadgets for guns are hot right now and people want your money.

I wonder if if it is USPSA legal?

aandabooks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Putnam
    Get ahold of me at

This post was by-passing the 50 post rule.
    I edited content and left in the open for reference.

-CM-

Last edited by a moderator:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    IMG_0854_zps42ryfau8.jpg

IMG_0855_zpslcz6egiz.jpg

IMG_0856_zpsytbmrest.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    There you go, your own personal customized Glock.
    I would have gone the replacement frame route but glad this works for you.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    MThere you go, your own personal customize Glock.
    i would have gone the replacement frame route but glad this works for you.

Could still go the replacement frame route. This cost me Zero $$$$ to try. I will shoot it to see how it feels and check function, then get rid of it. It ran fine before the dremel and I see no reason why it won't run now. I would consider carrying this if I wanted to go back to Glocks.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Dang it, I hopped on INGO a few days too late. I would have bought at least that frame from you before you chopped it. I do a ton of grip work on the side and am pretty confident I could have gotten it to look nice when I was done with it. My first step would have been to wrap a magazine to be oversized and then put it in there and slap the frame with a heat gun to straighten it back out a little bit and fix the drop free issue. Then I would have taken off the finger groves and redone the texture to be a little more clean and useful. It would have made a sweet fun project gun, I hope you can make it fill whatever you need.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Dang it, I hopped on INGO a few days too late. I would have bought at least that frame from you before you chopped it. I do a ton of grip work on the side and am pretty confident I could have gotten it to look nice when I was done with it. My first step would have been to wrap a magazine to be oversized and then put it in there and slap the frame with a heat gun to straighten it back out a little bit and fix the drop free issue. Then I would have taken off the finger groves and redone the texture to be a little more clean and useful. It would have made a sweet fun project gun, I hope you can make it fill whatever you need.

The mags still don't drop free just right. You are welcome to still try and do whatever you want to the gun.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It's interesting to see that, after all these years, there is a new crop of "gun butchers". That being said, the old time "gun butchers", due to firearm construction, many times did irreparable damage. Looks like this can be rectified rather inexpensively.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I thought about this thread after seeing a Sig in the classifieds and thought you were done with your repairs. Then I remembered this was a Glock.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I thought about this thread after seeing a Sig in the classifieds and thought you were done with your repairs. Then I remembered this was a Glock.

It rained Friday and I made it home by 5:30 pm. So I was in the garage hiding from my wife and the Glock and Dremel were sitting there. Dangerous combination. Gave me something to text to my buddies.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The mags still don't drop free just right. You are welcome to still try and do whatever you want to the gun.

Before you chopped it I would have been interested haha. You should try the oversized mag and heat gun though to flex that frame back. Wrap a mag with masking tape until you can just barely get it into the frame and then heat the frame up with a heat gun. Heat it then leave the mag in while it cools and that should help the drop free issue.

Top Bottom