• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Supposedly there were hints. Other then the comment about feeding the other eye to his father I didn't catch anything. So Rick and Carl make it probably. .

I thought there were several hints, but feel most are thrown out there to lead us off.

The one hint I think could possibly mean something is the title of the episode. "Last day on Earth ". Negan's right hand man also said this in reference to Rick being nice to the people in the RV because it could be their last day on earth. If this is a meaningful hint, it would mean the (4) captives (Glenn, Darral, Michonne, and Rosita) would be safe.

The show should be concerned about neutering Negan too much from the comic. While a victim such as Darral or Glenn would have a huge impact, I'm not sure if someone like Maggie wouldn't have even more of an impact in the aspect showing the sheer brutality he is capable of.

The ones in the RV were Rick, Carl, Maggie, Abraham, Eugene, Sasha, and Aaron. If I am right about the hint, it has to be one of these 7 and I would guess Maggie.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Negan has a harem. Maggie is a woman. Seems like Glen won't be long for the earth.

Yeah but she looks rough! What good is a sick, scrawny woman to a guy who needs workers? Plus everyone was risking their lives to carry her on a gurney through hostile territory. So caving her head in with a bat would be the best choice for teaching the rest of the group a lesson.

Maybe Glen will loose it and Negan will stop that behavior quickly. Then we can have a twofer with the head bashing.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I think it's Eugene. They spent the entire episode building him up as some kind of hero. Seems suspicious and in my opinion points toward him as the martyr. Also, he doesn't seem important to the storyline other than the fact he mentioned manufacturing (maybe reloading) ammunition for the group.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just some thoughts about the show vs the comic book. Vague for those who haven't read them.

Eugene has a continuing role in the comic and becomes rather important.
    If Eugene makes it through this then Rosita probably will as well for her continuing role.
    Abraham is already dead in the comic at this point.
    So is Glen.
    Maggie has a very large and important role in the comic. I could see that role being filled by Carol as well.
    I can also see Carol taking the place of Holly in the comic.

Any thoughts by those that have read them?

None of this really means anything at this point since they switch characters and roles around between the two. I know not everyone reads the comic book and there are some differences. At the same time I don't really want to give any spoilers away about the comics for those that are reading them but not current.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Just some thoughts about the show vs the comic book. Vague for those who haven't read them.

Eugene has a continuing role in the comic and becomes rather important.
    If Eugene makes it through this then Rosita probably will as well for her continuing role.
    Abraham is already dead in the comic at this point.
    So is Glen.
    Maggie has a very large and important role in the comic. I could see that role being filled by Carol as well.
    I can also see Carol taking the place of Holly in the comic.

Any thoughts by those that have read them?

None of this really means anything at this point since they switch characters and roles around between the two. I know not everyone reads the comic book and there are some differences. At the same time I don't really want to give any spoilers away about the comics for those that are reading them but not current.

There are more differences than I thought about the comic story line and the show. Rick, Carl, Maggie, and Michone are the ones I would bet are safe. I think they lost the shock Glenn's death would cause from the whole "Glen is missing" episodes. IMHO, Darryl has the biggest following so his death would be shocking and cause an uproar but.... I think he has some unresolved issues and I don't think they will end his story so soon. With the almost ( except for the location and circumstances) exact unveiling of Negan, I almost think it has to be Glenn. I am really curious as to how some of the differences between the comic and show will work out. I really want to give specifics but don't want to spoil anything, even inadvertently. I do hope we get to see Shiva.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If they kill Daryl it could give Dwight a real kick in the teeth, especially since it was Daryl that tried to help him.

As I understand it in the comic Dwight may back-stab Negan, so this guilt could be the impetus he needs.

I don't think his new show will have squat to do with it, as he has already finished filming his six (6) episodes.

Just a thought...

Doug

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Gonna throw out a side note...basic about TWD and FTWD as it also appears to be playing out in the previews...I don't believe in a pandemic (and there have been a few in human history) that the vast majority of surviving humans will gravitate to violent non-justice behavior. In the short run, especially in inner cities (a.k.a. New Orleans et.al.), perhaps but not in the long run. For the most part people are community natured and will begin to pool resources and rebuild society with some form of people-based justice. Tyrants come and go, but for the most part - at least in the West - I think the Governors and Negans would soon fade as people tired of that kind of unproductive living and return to community. That doesn't make for riveting television, but I think it's closer to the truth of what would really happen.

P.S. I'm gonna really miss Daryl. Ha.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Gonna throw out a side note...basic about TWD and FTWD as it also appears to be playing out in the previews...I don't believe in a pandemic (and there have been a few in human history) that the vast majority of surviving humans will gravitate to violent non-justice behavior. In the short run, especially in inner cities (a.k.a. New Orleans et.al.), perhaps but not in the long run. For the most part people are community natured and will begin to pool resources and rebuild society with some form of people-based justice. Tyrants come and go, but for the most part - at least in the West - I think the Governors and Negans would soon fade as people tired of that kind of unproductive living and return to community. That doesn't make for riveting television, but I think it's closer to the truth of what would really happen.

P.S. I'm gonna really miss Daryl. Ha.

I agree entirely with the people analysis. Fighting, especially with knowledge and technology today, is very wasteful and overall unproductive. Even during the Black Plague from 1347 - 1351 you had entire villages wiped out, while others suffered severe population declines. Most folks came together as a community and didn't go off the deep end on their own. Like you say I am certain there were some petty barons or minor lords who exploited the situation, but the people just wanted to get on with their lives in peace.

I will disagree slightly with the television part. Sure, some sort of drama and suspense is needed, but the Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Bonanza, and Perry Mason all had high ratings and proved we didn't need constant violence to be entertaining. Of course I don't think we'd ever transfer TWD to, "Good night Rick. Good night Michonne. Good night Carol," but we don't have to be facing massive combat all the time. :poop: happens in the real world today that is dramatic enough. You would still need zombies and Negans to throw a wrench in the works every now and again. The truth is that no group can survive or thrive without becoming more domestic in the long run. If they don't start to show this truth then the whole series will fall apart. There is only so much looting you can do to an area before you need to either start creating your own resources or move to another area.

Regards,

Doug

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Kindom will be in the next season.

29a3786af515bc11acf2e39d671e9eb7

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think it's Abe or Eugene.

If the next season reveals that it was Darryl who got Lucilled, then the uproar among the fans is going to make the frenzy over Glen's apparent demise seem like a non-event.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Could be Michonne, if Negan knows about her and Rick's relationship. It could also be Darryl, since he was with "Negan" for the "Talking Dead" afterward. My wife showed me a screenshot somebody took and it looks like you can see Carl's hat, but that doesn't make sense to me after Negan's comment before.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    A friend of mine sent me an interesting article that "guarantees" who was beat down. Here's a quick rundown.
    Based on the 1st person views throughout the show it was someone in the back of the van. Based on the view we see it would be someone on the passenger side, Darryl and Michonne. A second shot shows the back of a head in the persons view. When they opened the van Darryl was in front of Michonne. Given this information they concluded that it's Michonne that was looking out the door the whole time and she gets Lucille.
    This is just one of several very plausible theories I have read so far.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    A friend of mine sent me an interesting article that "guarantees" who was beat down. Here's a quick rundown.
    Based on the 1st person views throughout the show it was someone in the back of the van. Based on the view we see it would be someone on the passenger side, Darryl and Michonne. A second shot shows the back of a head in the persons view. When they opened the van Darryl was in front of Michonne. Given this information they concluded that it's Michonne that was looking out the door the whole time and she gets Lucille.
    This is just one of several very plausible theories I have read so far.

Well it has been scientifically proven that in the Walking Dead universe being a person of color increases your chances of being killed by 150%, more so when other people of color are in the group

Top Bottom