• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's particularly annoying when the show gets canceled before the cliffhanger is resolved. That won't happen with TWD, but it has happened to other shows.

That happened with Farscape. They did wrap it with a movie a few years later but it still pissed me off at the time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Rick doesn't have his **** together enough to patrol, run skirmishers/scouts on the road, or get off the road and control the flanks when they run into roadblocks. I would go to work for Negan, he seems to have his act way more together.

Work with a guy like Negan, and you'll always be looking over your shoulder. He'll be that guy that "makes an example" frequently. You might be that example.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That happened with Farscape. They did wrap it with a movie a few years later but it still pissed me off at the time.

Farscape. I watched that after the series was over. But I still haven't seen the movie.
    I put the series and the movie on a list of things to buy.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well I saw the episode last night. Then stayed up a little late looking for spoilers. Supposedly there were hints. Other then the comment about feeding the other eye to his father I didn't catch anything. So Rick and Carl make it probably. At this point Maggie, Glen, Dayrl would be about the only ones whose deaths would give any real shock value if that is the intent. I don't even have a guess and in the end it doesn't affect me one way or another. Negan should be a neat character.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Personally, even though the comics had Glen killed and Negan saying "taking it like a champ", I think the only two people that were strong enough to take that first hit are Abraham and Darryl. Even though Darryl is wounded, he is stubborn and defiant. I don't remember if he was looking Negan in the eyes like Abraham was though. Abe is big and strong enough to pose a future threat so making an example of him would be logical.

My two cents worth, now on to FTWD, Game of Thrones, and whatever else I can amuse myself with like my casting or reloading benches in the shop. Got to get rolling on range ammo for me and the boy to send downrange after school is out. And I still need to decide on building another AR or go with a 300 Blackout and set up a trust for a Form 1 suppressor. Damn... too many choices, not enough time or money.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    After watching the show and Talking Dead, it was clear to me the only people that would deliver the shock intended are Daryl, Glenn or Abe. The traditionalist will say Glenn, pragmatists will say Daryl, the scene played out like it was Abe for reasons mentioned...I'm going to say (and I really hate to because he's my favorite) Daryl simply because he's moving on to movies and another show about motorcycles.

I don't mind a good cliff hanger, it's what they do in television. But, like Rhino, I got left holding the bag in Deadwood...so there's always a risk, though probably not here.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Abe is in the running for the bat. They have given him a lot of screen time this season. Plus he had all but said his goodbyes in this episode.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Abe is in the running for the bat. They have given him a lot of screen time this season. Plus he had all but said his goodbyes in this episode.

They sort of did that with all the main characters though. Everyone seemed to get a "final scene" of sorts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ....and what about Eugene? His character has completed its arc. He's gone from being a coward and liar, to robot without initiative, to heroic contributing member. And he gives away the plans to make bullets to Rick (he doesn't do that in the comics). Not a whole lot of shock value in his death, but TWD hasn't really been shocking anyone lately.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Keep in mind, Rick and his group started the WHOLE thing. Rick tried to strongarm the Hilltop, and then thought he was going to strongarm the Sanctuary. If Rick hadn't been so arrogant, and so eager to prove that he was top dawg, he, in theory could've avoided this situation. Sure, the Saviors are bad, but Rick didn't really know that. He was taking the word of the People at Hilltop, and went on what can only be described as a murderous campaign against them. Shouldve got some intel, shored up defenses at Alexandria, and stayed put.

When he and Michonne were in the sack and he said "The world is ours and we know how to take it.." My image of Rick sank a bit...

I gave you a little grief a couple of weeks ago for taking up for Shane over Rick and after this episode I would like to let you know that I have conceded a bit of the point you were making....

Lord that's hard to do but you called it.....:)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    ....and what about Eugene? His character has completed its arc. He's gone from being a coward and liar, to robot without initiative, to heroic contributing member. And he gives away the plans to make bullets to Rick (he doesn't do that in the comics). Not a whole lot of shock value in his death, but TWD hasn't really been shocking anyone lately.

Plus he is a survivor who can take it like a champ. His mullet would have cushioned Lucilles first blow.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, Maggie and Negan are Batman's parents.

Chew on that.

bkk6K93.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I noticed JDM as the dad in that movie but I totally glossed over the Maggie actress. :n00b:

So... Negan kills Glenn, Maggie hooks up with him because he's cool and ...... Batman is Glenns love child..........

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom