• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If you think the gov's battle was a cluster, wait for the all out war battle...the survivors are highly incompetent and not ready...

They are starting to run out of ammo and need to find reloading supplies or make their own. :)

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Hmmm ... I guess I missed the season opener, huh? No worries -- I recorded it.

Maybe.

I seem to recall my spousal unit saying to me last night that she "might have canceled my recording" because she wanted to record some show about some chick named Abby who lives Downtown. Or something like that. Dang ... :xmad:

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Ya... a Sticky bomb. I can surely see Daryll pulling that off...hell he took out the tank and all "infantry" behind it single-handed! Whata Bad ass... imagine what he could have done with Merle?! Sad Merle had to leave the show Merle.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Well, he's laying on the ground at the opening...flash backs are always an opportunity to use old characters...and Ricks divergence into CRAZY land is always an opportunity to bring back the dead.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

The "no negotiating for hostages" is fine in a utopian world where the negotiator has no emotional or loyalty ties to the hostage, but in this type of situation these people have formed massive bonds through years of struggle. That type of rule, in my opinion, just wouldn't be able to be enforced.

They were caught by the Gov at the worst possible time. Many numbers of their own people down from bad infection. Many tired and without rest or good nutrition. Add into that they were facing a bloody tank. Way too much overload for Rick, let alone anyone else.

I do NOT understand anyone running low on ammo? Maybe not having the right caliber but considering all of the gun owners in this country there is NO WAY you couldn't scrounge enough ammo up! Imagine if a member of INGO you know and their family died from the initial infection. So a household of just a moderate gun owner would have how many rounds exactly??? Say that one or two members of the household even survived and escaped. Exactly how many firearms and ammo could they carry? They would certainly take their best and the most ammo they could carry for what they are taking, but after that? In my position if I was forced to flee you would probably find several Lee Enfields with a couple of thousand rounds of .303 British. Its not that I wouldn't want to take them but rather a priority of just what is best and will be easiest to find ammo for. Same would go with my WWI Steyrs. Considering that I am not a hoarder I still bought in bulk and have more than enough for someone fighting zombies to be thrilled with these old bolt action rifles!

Regarding JerimiahJohnsons point that they had some sort of plan with the bus I agree completely! The bus did appear to be an emergency escape pod. They just didn't have a chance to put everyone on board. During the time they were being overrun panic would have set in and everyone would have been on their own. However, for Rick and Carl especially (and later Michonne), I would think that there would have been talk about heading to the rendezvous point IF they had set one up. For me in Fort Wayne if my friends needed one going south would be the Nine Mile House, a local restaurant. Going East I would say a Buchan Logging just north of Hwy 30, and so on. All of these places are several miles out of the way but close enough to get to in a day by walking.

Another thing they didn't show but I HOPE happened is when Michonne returned to the prison with her zombie puppies protecting her, is that she should have picked up every single firearm, round of ammo and put them inside a building somewhere safe! I don't care if she loves her big sword, letting potentially dozens of firearms with who knows how much ammo just lay around outside would be an oversight no survivor in that position would make.

Oh well, I will have to wait for next weeks episode to see what I would do better. I don't want to be an arm chair sergeant. If I am going to be anything I at least want to be a full bird Colonel. If Qaddafi could do it then so can I! So, arm chair Coloneling next week. Same bat time, same bat channel.

Regards,

Doug

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The Bus was taking heavy fire when it left. Busses are not armored so I would expect some casualties inside. We also did not know how it was even getting out of the compound. Maybe just run thru the fence I guess. The front seemed a bit busy.

Daryl was was giving a meet up location passing out the guns. Sure fall back locations should have already been in place but it seemed to be semi covered.

Maggie who who is she with the hurt doc and Sasha I think. Beth and Daryl together. The twins are off running like carol told them to. Tyreas is chasing the kids.

What at about the other force. Surely someone survived they were the attacking force with numbers.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    The Bus was taking heavy fire when it left. Busses are not armored so I would expect some casualties inside. We also did not know how it was even getting out of the compound. Maybe just run thru the fence I guess. The front seemed a bit busy. The bus that was laying on its side seemed to provide ample cover for Rick... :dunno:

Daryl was was giving a meet up location passing out the guns. Sure fall back locations should have already been in place but it seemed to be semi covered.

Maggie who who is she with the hurt doc and Sasha I think. Beth and Daryl together. The twins are off running like carol told them to. Tyreas is chasing the kids.

What at about the other force. Surely someone survived they were the attacking force with numbers. Gov's new womanfriend seemed to make it out alive, but I don't think shes going to last long.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I think the Rick character just has be killed off. I'm just through with him. The guys a mess and just doesn't have it any more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To All,

The "no negotiating for hostages" is fine in a utopian world where the negotiator has no emotional or loyalty ties to the hostage, but in this type of situation these people have formed massive bonds through years of struggle. That type of rule, in my opinion, just wouldn't be able to be enforced.

They were caught by the Gov at the worst possible time. Many numbers of their own people down from bad infection. Many tired and without rest or good nutrition. Add into that they were facing a bloody tank. Way too much overload for Rick, let alone anyone else.

I do NOT understand anyone running low on ammo? Maybe not having the right caliber but considering all of the gun owners in this country there is NO WAY you couldn't scrounge enough ammo up! Imagine if a member of INGO you know and their family died from the initial infection. So a household of just a moderate gun owner would have how many rounds exactly??? Say that one or two members of the household even survived and escaped. Exactly how many firearms and ammo could they carry? They would certainly take their best and the most ammo they could carry for what they are taking, but after that? In my position if I was forced to flee you would probably find several Lee Enfields with a couple of thousand rounds of .303 British. Its not that I wouldn't want to take them but rather a priority of just what is best and will be easiest to find ammo for. Same would go with my WWI Steyrs. Considering that I am not a hoarder I still bought in bulk and have more than enough for someone fighting zombies to be thrilled with these old bolt action rifles!

Regarding JerimiahJohnsons point that they had some sort of plan with the bus I agree completely! The bus did appear to be an emergency escape pod. They just didn't have a chance to put everyone on board. During the time they were being overrun panic would have set in and everyone would have been on their own. However, for Rick and Carl especially (and later Michonne), I would think that there would have been talk about heading to the rendezvous point IF they had set one up. For me in Fort Wayne if my friends needed one going south would be the Nine Mile House, a local restaurant. Going East I would say a Buchan Logging just north of Hwy 30, and so on. All of these places are several miles out of the way but close enough to get to in a day by walking.

Another thing they didn't show but I HOPE happened is when Michonne returned to the prison with her zombie puppies protecting her, is that she should have picked up every single firearm, round of ammo and put them inside a building somewhere safe! I don't care if she loves her big sword, letting potentially dozens of firearms with who knows how much ammo just lay around outside would be an oversight no survivor in that position would make.

Oh well, I will have to wait for next weeks episode to see what I would do better. I don't want to be an arm chair sergeant. If I am going to be anything I at least want to be a full bird Colonel. If Qaddafi could do it then so can I! So, arm chair Coloneling next week. Same bat time, same bat channel.

Regards,

Doug

Something you never see in these series is people stripping the dead of guns/ammo/gear/food.
    Pick it up dummy.....pick it up.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Something you never see in these series is people stripping the dead of guns/ammo/gear/food.
    Pick it up dummy.....pick it up.

A season or 2 ago they did see a hitch-hiker along the road, left him there, later on they found his pack and took that...but yes, I agree with you. Grab all you can off the dead guy, he ain't gonna use it!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Watched talking dead last night on the dvr. The gal that plays Michone was on there. I was really impressed with this young lady. She's intelligent and knows the character well. One thing she mentioned I didn't pick up on - the two new pets that she eventually killed with the rest of her little herd during her "awakening" to decide to live again - they were from the attacking force with the gov. One last little "gotcha" just from the Bad @zz she is.

I don't think Michone picked up anything from the prison. Her only reason to return was to make sure Hershel was put down - she loved that old guy just like everyone else. In her state of mind she was willing to fall back into auto mode and possibly fade away and die. Looking at a picture of herself in the zombie in the herd - the one that kind of looked like her - that's what woke her up to where she was going. She saw the face of death on herself and decided there it wasn't going to happen. That's when she slew them all - not just the 8 planned by the script - but all 23 of them...or was it 27...point she made on the show was that was the point she decided she wouldn't give in. She wouldn't die. She would live, open up and let people in again, find them, stand up and protect - that's who she is - that's how she'll go out. The guest director echoed that opinion and raved about her performance in that scene and the adlib extention of the character.

As for negotiation...I don't know without being in that situation...but if a group is to survive I can't see any negotiation for hostile intentions. Not if you are to survive. This is far from an ideal situation, but it is one that's stripped of everything except survival. If you want to survive you can't be weak. Soon as Gov - or any other proven aggressor that is of his type - shows himself in the open you have to eliminate that threat. If everone were already in battle mode and ready, the Gov's group made huge tactical errors. They were in the open. They were all together instead of spread out (counting heavily on the threat to their hostages). A 50 yard shot with any one of the weapons in the prison is an easy shot for someone with a modecum of skill. When the leader goes down and all hell breaks loose on the rest, that group is doomed and - in my opinion - the best shot they had to free the hostages.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    No rear sight on the Marlin 94 used by Clay. The girls aren't using the sights on their AR's. Where the heck are the snipers? Take out the guv and that dweeb tank commander, invite everyone else in for a party and hey, you don't have to move.

No claymores? M79's?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Rgr that! To that end, Gov would have been put down before he got three words out of his mouth, and none of that would have been a surprise. Michone and Daryl would have seen a tank coming way in advance, the bus would already be gassed and ready to move and everyone would be in battle mode - some sort of a plan - any plan - is better than "what do we do now".

That flash back to Rick and Carl attempting to secure the breach in the fence, Rick is giving Carl quick instruction on the proper use of an M4 (should have already happened by the way) and he called the charging handle "the operation lever"...makes me twitch. He's a trained police officer. He knows what the parts of an M4 are called. TWD seriously needs a weapons advisor. One more before my rant is over - the "Rick droop" - is really starting to get on my nerves. You can't see anything but your wrist that way and it's not "cool" looking, just looks stupid.

He said "operating rod". When Rick said that, I just shook my head.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom