• ...and so much more!
  • Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    You smoke a lot of weed, dont you?:dunno:

Not for 31 years now ... I didn't like it that well ... now I do use other drugs ..
    Johnny Walker , Dewar's White Label Blended Scotch Whisky .

One to four ounces on some weekends .

I do have to admit from time to time I use a prohibited / controlled substance .
    That is illegal to manufacture own or use .
    Antibiotics .
    You see when you get that prescription to possess and consume these very powerful drugs that are to dangerous for you ... what you are getting is an
    EXEMPTION to break the law ... just like a drivers license ...
    look it up .
    In the state of Indiana it is against the law to operate YOUR property while obeying ALL traffic control laws ... unless you get an exemption called a Drivers License .
    THANKS !!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Not for 31 years now ... I didn't like it that well ... now I do use other drugs ..
    Johnny Walker , Dewar's White Label Blended Scotch Whisky .

One to four ounces on some weekends .

In the same price range is Famous Grouse which I like better than those two. Not that I would pass either up of course :D

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Its not lost, and it won't be for me. I haven't taken any, don't want any, and never will.

The war is lost .. history shows that .
    What we have now is the continued police and military action of attempted containment with out a battle plan of action resulting in a foreseeable winning
    out come ... IE the end of drug consumption . Because demand will always
    create supply . { The only way to win is to change the character of people ,
    the desire to intoxicate ... Christianity is a good start ... but the Fed's aren't
    to keen on Jesus any more. }

No exit strategy that the Federal Government is willing to accept .
    Legalization or decriminalization .

" and it won't be for me "
    If you believe the war is winnable then you might give your plan of action to
    the DEA or the Executive branch at Washington .
    They have failed at this point and they have had since the 18 amendment and still can't get it done .

" I haven't taken any, don't want any, and never will. "
    In this area ... you're smarter than I am ..
    Thanks

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Its not lost, and it won't be for me. I haven't taken any, don't want any, and never will.

This is the point, the ability to exercise your rights are in your favor. Some people like to smoke a joint now and again without being called a criminal.

The idea behind all of it is this: ALLOW THE PEOPLE TO HAVE FREEDOM OF CHOICE. We don't need nanny government telling us what we can and can't consume.

Choosing not to do drugs - great now lets give people the FREEDOM to do drugs if they damn well please.

Also, there is a lot of knowledge in many types of drug use, stop thinking of the crack addict and start thinking about the psychonauts.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    If there were not stupid people that walked among us there wouldn't be a need for alot of the laws that we have.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    There's something weird about lettIng a 12 year old decide if they want to smoke crack or not.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    There's something weird about lettg a 12 yearold decide if they want to smoke crack or not.

Would you agree that responsibility should be on the parents, rather than the government.

It's time for people to take accountability for themselves, common sense; I'd never let my kid smoke crack - not only that I'm sure any legal drug would be regulated and taxes just like alcohol and tobacco.

I'm fine with that - this way it would be restricted to people 18 or 21+.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Would you agree that responsibility should be on the parents, rather than the government.

It's time for people to take accountability for themselves, common sense; I'd never let my kid smoke crack - not only that I'm sure any legal drug would be regulated and taxes just like alcohol and tobacco.

I'm fine with that - this way it would be restricted to people 18 or 21+.

Are you kidding? No I don't think it should be left up to parents to decide if a 12 year old should smoke crack, inject heroin, be pimped out...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    If people want to do drugs, let them; we may as well make money off of it's taxation.

I don't know about you guys but I don't like the government telling me what to do, @ phylodog; whilst I have respect for you and what you do, this doesn't lead me to believe cracking down on people and taking what they got "illegally" is really doing anything.

The trade is far too valuable and once you bust 1 guy, a few more spring up - it's never ending and we WASTE more of that tax money they didn't pay in the first place - think about it.

Not only that, this country wasn't founded on paying taxes, if you ask me all of that is a BS farce in the first place but that's another story.

Call me unpatriotic by today's terms but in Jefferson's age thinking like mine was what built this nation. Personally I don't give 2 :crap: what joe blow down the street does - as long as he's not causing society harm.

Before anyone gets on that avenue, if drugs were legal to begin with; naturally they'd be cheaper and people wouldn't have to rob and steal in order to get a fix, the basic principals of supply and demand - it's not rocket surgery.

I agree with you, but tell me how I become a rocket surgeon? :dunno:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I enjoy the war on drugs, it's what I do every day. It's challenging, rewarding and sometimes exciting. Nothing pleases me more than taking huge lumps of money and property from someone who earned it illegally and hasn't paid a dime in taxes.

All you have to do is get 150 million+ people in this country to agree with your point of view and it can all go away. I'd have to find something else to do every day but I can live with that, there are plenty of other crimes being committed.

I love how my right to property depends on whether I pay taxes or not. I guess that means the majority of this country that doesn't pay income tax doesn't even have a lawful right to their property, even if they've earned it by legal means.

Furthermore, I admire the ignorance of the view that 150 million + votes are needed to change the law, when in reality the number is probably something like a third of that.

You smoke a lot of weed, dont you?:dunno:

I don't smoke any and I still think this entire thing is BS. What do you have to say to that?

If you don't use illegal drugs why do you let it consume you then?

Perhaps some of us just don't want our money wasted on a useless battle between the government and citizens. Or we just realize that it's our own bodies, we own it, and if we want to poison it, it's on us.

If there were not stupid people that walked among us there wouldn't be a need for alot of the laws that we have.

Are you really on a gun website with these sorts of comments?

There will always be stupid people. Stupid people are stupid with guns, baseball bats, cars, drugs, alcohol, motorcycles.....you name it.

If the fact that some people act irresponsibly was sufficient for violating their rights, the bill of rights wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Are you kidding? No I don't think it should be left up to parents to decide if a 12 year old should smoke crack, inject heroin, be pimped out...

Why should it not be the Parents Responsibility?!

It is the Responsibility of the Parents now to make sure that their Children eat and drink right to start with. It is the Parents Responsibility to see their Children get a Social Upbringing. Why can not the Parent say to the Child don't smoke that crack, or inject that heroin?!

It is NOT Societies job to raise the Parents Children. That thinking is what has got us into the place we are at now... This line of thought has been used to strip some of our freedoms from us already. Sounds to much like some of the Brady Bunch BS to me...

The War on Drugs has done nothing to make the Children any safer. Not one little thing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why should it not be the Parents Responsibility?!

It is the Responsibility of the Parents now to make sure that their Children eat and drink right to start with. It is the Parents Responsibility to see their Children get a Social Upbringing. Why can not the Parent say to the Child don't smoke that crack, or inject that heroin?!

It is NOT Societies job to raise the Parents Children. That thinking is what has got us into the place we are at now... This line of thought has been used to strip some of our freedoms from us already. Sounds to much like some of the Brady Bunch BS to me...

The War on Drugs has done nothing to make the Children any safer. Not one little thing.

I think there should be some minimum standards applied to the rearing of children. If you burn them with cigarettes, take them away. If you molest them, take them away. If you give them crack, take them away. I really think that has nothing to do with the war on drugs.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    The war of drugs was lost, the very second that it was declared. Not due to the fact that the concept was devoid of some degree of merit, but in the manner that the war continues to be fought.

The best medical experts look to drug use to be a disease process, but the governmental response is to provide inadequate resources, or misdirection of resources on the many fronts to combat the disease. This is done on many levels, and over a whole spectrum of authorities, independent of each other.

The drug cartel is big business, but drug enforcement is even bigger. It envelopes votes for politicians who appear be proactive in such enforcement, jobs for bureaucrats who lead specialized agencies, massive numbers of personnel, tremendous budgets, and a whole slew of other resources. Somehow though, the problem never appears to curtail. Does anyone really believe that this is merely coincidence?

While I am not happy of advocating illicit drug use, perhaps it is time to change the Puritan mentality of this particular attitude toward drugs. The collateral criminal activities associated with drug use, likely costs society more money than it could recover in taxing the product. Mere economics would suggest that fulfilling a regulated market need in a sensible manner, would force the suppliers of illegal substances out of business.

Of course, then there is Marijuana, a tremendous asset to those with certain disease processes such as Cancer, or treatments as Chemotherapy. Why is such still illegal for those who need the effects of such the most? Is it too much to ask that a person use an effective drug that relieves pain, and promotes appetite?

England has had a fairly high success with the medical prescription of certain substances, that enables individuals to not engage in criminal activity to support their behavior. While not entirely comprehensive, it does support the argument that such rationale is viable.

I have given out too much rep because of this thread - once I get more; I'm repping this post, too.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think there should be some minimum standards applied to the rearing of children. If you burn them with cigarettes, take them away. If you molest them, take them away. If you give them crack, take them away. I really think that has nothing to do with the war on drugs.

See you are talking about punishing bad Parenting. I have some Problems with that, the problem is when you give a little control to Politicians they always want more... Where does it stop?! What is next on the list of things that are bad for Parents to do to their Child?! :dunno:

Back to Drug Laws they work just as well as the you have to be 18 to purchase or use Tobacco Laws. Oh and let us not forget they work just as well as the you have to be 21 to purchase or consume Alcohol Laws.

Top Bottom