• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Lest we forget the drugs of oxygen, caffeine, sugar, and the like?

Those are all OK because it makes some corporation very rich, which in return makes lobbies which naturally line the pockets of politicians.

So many people are in jail // prison for Marijuana, this is crazy, the declaration of independence was written on hemp, hemp rope is some of the strongest natural fiber in the entire world, it's easy to mass-produce and very cheap.

Yet it's banned - not to mention not a SINGLE person has died from Marijuana in over 2,000 years of it's known use. It's like telling God he made a fundamental flaw on this one plant.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    All you have to do is get 150 million+ people in this country to agree with your point of view and it can all go away. I'd have to find something else to do every day but I can live with that, there are plenty of other crimes being committed.

Well, this is exactly what some states are doing by allowing the medical use of marijuana. The problem is, local law enforcement caves into their federal masters and proceed to conduct joint raids against the will of the people - instead of defending their local democratically justified decisions. I guess states rights are dead with regard to vegetation. It's difficult to say no to those federal funds and make work projects.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I love how my right to property depends on whether I pay taxes or not. I guess that means the majority of this country that doesn't pay income tax doesn't even have a lawful right to their property, even if they've earned it by legal means.

Not even close to what I said but that's pretty typical for you. If everything someone owns was obtained through illegal means I have no problem with stripping them of that property. If someone makes 6 figures a month via an illegal enterprise I have no problem taking it all. I could care less of your opinion on the matter. Everyone knows you're all for making sure criminals are free to do whatever they want simply because they're on the opposite side of the table from the evil government.

Furthermore, I admire the ignorance of the view that 150 million + votes are needed to change the law, when in reality the number is probably something like a third of that.

I was implying that if the majority in this country wants it changed then it could be/should be changed. If you want to take it as a literal statement I'm pretty sure I won't be losing any sleep over it.

I don't smoke any and I still think this entire thing is BS. What do you have to say to that?

I can assure you that I spend more time worrying about the rate at which my toe nails grow than I do wondering what your opinion is on any given matter. Since you're quite obviously concerned with mine I will tell you that I have a theory on what I would like to see happen. Legalize marijuana, heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, LSD and whatever else people are dying to put into their bodies. Tax it like there is no tomorrow and issue permits for people to use it. The cost of a permit is that person's reproductive organs on a platter. The money raised from taxation can pay for the surgeries and the problem fizzles out and virtually disappears within a generation.

How's that?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Why should it not be the Parents Responsibility?!

It is the Responsibility of the Parents now to make sure that their Children eat and drink right to start with. It is the Parents Responsibility to see their Children get a Social Upbringing. Why can not the Parent say to the Child don't smoke that crack, or inject that heroin?!

It is NOT Societies job to raise the Parents Children. That thinking is what has got us into the place we are at now... This line of thought has been used to strip some of our freedoms from us already. Sounds to much like some of the Brady Bunch BS to me...

The War on Drugs has done nothing to make the Children any safer. Not one little thing.

That's what I'm saying. Granted, there are a lot of selfish, irresponsible parents out there. Sure, there would be kids that their lives were ruined because of it. However, if the lost sense of Community were to make a come back, we wouldn't have to worry about raising other people's kids and community values would make a come back and kids wouldn't MAKE those choices.

But that's just a thought. I could be wrong.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    How's that?

You do realize that legalizing cannabis, and "taxing like there is no tomorrow" will simply reintroduce a black market, right? What happens in states like New York when a pack of smokes cost $14? People cross the border to buy and transport them back - more manufactured crime/state loses on the tax it wants to collect, or you buy them off of the back of a truck from a guy named Vinnie/state loses on the tax it wants to collect. It's akin to how prices for traffic violations are set. Too high, no one will pay and the system loses what respect it had. Too low, no one takes traffic laws seriously. That's why the idea that eliminating red light runners by issuing $5000 tickets doesn't actually work.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You do realize that legalizing cannabis, and "taxing like there is no tomorrow" will simply reintroduce a black market, right? What happens in states like New York when a pack of smokes cost $14? People cross the border to buy and transport them back - more manufactured crime/state loses on the tax it wants to collect, or you buy them off of the back of a truck from a guy named Vinnie/state loses on the tax it wants to collect. It's akin to how prices for traffic violations are set. Too high, no one will pay and the system loses what respect it had. Too low, no one takes traffic laws seriously. That's why the idea that eliminating red light runners by issuing $5000 tickets doesn't actually work.

Tax it similarly to alcohol. That will raise plenty of money to cover the surgeries with billions left over.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That's what I'm saying. Granted, there are a lot of selfish, irresponsible parents out there. Sure, there would be kids that their lives were ruined because of it. However, if the lost sense of Community were to make a come back, we wouldn't have to worry about raising other people's kids and community values would make a come back and kids wouldn't MAKE those choices.

So if you see Daddy enjoying the fruits of his young princess, its okay. She is his property and no one else's business... really?

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Tax it similarly to alcohol. That will raise plenty of money to cover the surgeries with billions left over.

I can go for that ... Excise tax / sales tax is constitutional .... the problem with the tax structure on it now ... I assume that it still exists as that was the gateway to control the " illegal drugs " is was / is so high that it's a form of prohibition .
    If the tax is reasonable for the purpose of the proper function of government .. fine ... as far as surgeries ... I must have missed something in a post ....
    I am not in favor of any tax money to help someone that is strung out on drugs to help them in any way .. if they get into a bad mess .. they can die ... I'll go for a paupers funeral at the county expense and that's it .
    Thanks

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So if you see Daddy enjoying the fruits of his young princess, its okay. She is his property and no one else's business... really?

No, that's not what I said at all. That would be a crime called rape/molestation. We're talking about drugs. Alcohol. Cigarettes. Prescription meds. And things like when your child has asthma. You know it's against the law to NOT give your kid prescribed steroids? If you have natural way to treat it, but CPS finds out you're giving the kid an unproven natural cure instead of the prescribed meds you will lose your kid(s) and have to spend your life savings trying to get them back. How's that right? Think it's not true? I'll introduce you to a woman it happened to. ANYWAY.....

If a true sense of community (instead of government intervention) was restored, an alcoholic's child would still grow up in a good environment, just not the kind with a loving father/mother.

You took my post way out of proportion. I hope I cleared that up.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I agree that the War on Drugs has been a complete failure. However, has anybody actually read the history on drug prohibition in this country? Like gun control, it has its roots in racism. I have read some of the comments from the head of "Narcotics Enforcement" in the 1930's. He commented that marijuana was primarily used by jazz musicians, Negroes, Hispanics and Filipinos. He also stated that marijuana caused white women to have sex with Negroes. I believe the "History Channel" has a program on this subject. It was very interesting. I personally believe you have a right to ingest any substance you choose. Some things are better for you than others, but the choice should be left up to the individual. I don't need the nanny state constantly protecting me from myself.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    There's something weird about lettIng a 12 year old decide if they want to smoke crack or not.

There's something weird about letting 12 year olds have sex too. But we don't put locks on their underwear. They're 12, not 2. Would you have passed on crack when you were 12? I would have been way too interested in playing guns, Nintendo 64, or action figures. Crack? I wouldn't even try cigarettes when I was 12.

Are you kidding? No I don't think it should be left up to parents to decide if a 12 year old should smoke crack, inject heroin, be pimped out...

You don't think it should be left up to their parents. You think it should be left up to you and every other voting parent in this country? What gives you the right to tell other people how to raise their own kids? Where do you derive that power over me?

I enjoy the war on drugs, it's what I do every day. It's challenging, rewarding and sometimes exciting. Nothing pleases me more than taking huge lumps of money and property from someone who earned it illegally and hasn't paid a dime in taxes.

All you have to do is get 150 million+ people in this country to agree with your point of view and it can all go away. I'd have to find something else to do every day but I can live with that, there are plenty of other crimes being committed.

What a patriot you are.

You, as an agent of the government, take large lumps of money and property from someone and you don't pay a dime in taxes. As your entire paycheck is collected taxes from people who actually bring in money for our government, you can't pay taxes, because you create no money. You do, however, take part of the taxes that we gave you as a paycheck and put it back into our tax system, thus appearing to pay taxes.

You're nothing more than a loyal Tory, and your story makes me sick.

I think there should be some minimum standards applied to the rearing of children. If you burn them with cigarettes, take them away. If you molest them, take them away. If you give them crack, take them away. I really think that has nothing to do with the war on drugs.

Burning them and molesting them is doing something to them without their consent. When you offer something to a kid, it isn't the same thing as taking something from a kid or doing, forcefully, something to a kid. It isn't the same level of wrongness. The kid has the option to say no when you offer him crack. He/she has no choice when you burn or molest them. That's why it's different.

Human beings aren't property. Next argument?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    screw the war on drugs. its a war that supports an unconstitutional law.

the sooner we legalize drugs, the sooner it will shut down the criminal enterprise that bank off of it.

If the war on drugs is so effective and our government and law enforcement is making such a huge impact on the drug trade, then how come a person who doesnt even use drugs or associate with people who do, can go in about 10 minutes and find anything your mind could think up??

Its a farce. War on Drugs is the biggest abuse of tax payer money EVER in my opinion. and a lot of fact are coming out that support this.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What a patriot you are.

You, as an agent of the government, take large lumps of money and property from someone and you don't pay a dime in taxes. As your entire paycheck is collected taxes from people who actually bring in money for our government, you can't pay taxes, because you create no money. You do, however, take part of the taxes that we gave you as a paycheck and put it back into our tax system, thus appearing to pay taxes.

You're nothing more than a loyal Tory, and your story makes me sick.

That's a new one, I don't pay a dime in taxes? Interesting, I'll have to have a chat with the IRS. I thought the only people who didn't pay taxes were CMH winners and anyone in Obama's cabinet. Where do I pick up my "I don't gotta pay no mo" card because property taxes will be coming up again before too long and I'd like to get it submitted before my next big, fat paycheck as well. I also need to buy some groceries and your, er I mean my, money will go farther if I don't have to pay sales tax on them. I guess I can stop putting money aside from my business and part time jobs as well since I won't have to pay on those anymore either.

Maybe you guys are right. Having given it some thought, this country really was in horrible shape before recreational narcotics took hold in the 60's. I mean, the caliber and strength of character of the men and women who fought during WWII really left a lot to be desired. The generations of people and the state of our country has really improved dramatically since then with the assistance of drugs. You guys are right, I think the prohibition should just be lifted immediately. What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure the drug cartels would be very willing to slide back to poverty after lowering their prices 95%. More people would probably be willing to get jobs rather than seek BS disability status or just sit around on welfare. How long would it take before it's decided that Americans have a right to all of the free drugs they can ingest? Then we could have another department added to the government for cultivation, manufacture and distribution of narcotics. They could take over the old office spaces that the DEA used to use.

Hell I'm writing my congressman now. The whole "if you can't beat em, join em" policy has worked so well over the last 40 years I don't see why we shouldn't apply it here as well. The farther away from conservative values we get the better this country looks so I'm all for it.

I'm a changed man!!! Now I need to start looking for a real job so I can make money for the government! Something really productive that contributes to the success of America like working at Walmart or selling cell phones at a kiosk in the mall!!!!!!

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Burning them and molesting them is doing something to them without their consent. When you offer something to a kid, it isn't the same thing as taking something from a kid or doing, forcefully, something to a kid. It isn't the same level of wrongness. The kid has the option to say no when you offer him crack. He/she has no choice when you burn or molest them. That's why it's different.

so its ok to tell a 5 yr old "ill give you 100 lollypops for sex" but its not ok to rape them. got it, glad you cleared that up

im just curious if you know and are ok with how foolish you sound or you have no clue how foolish you sound

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    That's a new one, I don't pay a dime in taxes? Interesting, I'll have to have a chat with the IRS. I thought the only people who didn't pay taxes were CMH winners and anyone in Obama's cabinet. Where do I pick up my "I don't gotta pay no mo" card because property taxes will be coming up again before too long and I'd like to get it submitted before my next big, fat paycheck as well. I also need to buy some groceries and your, er I mean my, money will go farther if I don't have to pay sales tax on them. I guess I can stop putting money aside from my business and part time jobs as well since I won't have to pay on those anymore either.

Sorry my story only made you sick, I was hoping for violently ill.

Wow, what an indictment he laid on you! So every firefighter, cop, soldier, or anyone employed with tax dollars is suddenly a non-contributor? They provide nothing?!? Sounds a bit extreme, to me.

I'm for limited government, not no government. I happen to sleep better knowing there are cops, firemen, and EMT's out there ready to pounce if I need them, and doing some of the dirty work that needs to be done, that most of us can't do. Not to mention, our armed forces out there protecting us from indescribable evil.

I'm also in complete support of the war on drugs. I don't like giving up against the kind of people that are in the drug trade, and I'd rather go down fighting than give them free reign. Sorry I wasn't very eloquent or cute in framing it, but none of these other guys has convinced me otherwise, either.

Just my 2 cents...:twocents:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Right, I guess I'm a parasite but drug dealers should be applauded for their hard work and contributions to society. Shucks, my internet feelings are all hurt now.

Top Bottom